Remove Advertisements

Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby uke » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:47 am

Currently Engineering/Enchanting on my main. My next highest alt is only lvl 22, so my paladin's pretty much it...

I think I'll keep both at least while leveling. I'll make a killing DE'ing obsolete gear and unneeded quest rewards while leveling. The engineering enchants look like they'll be good enhancements while leveling as well. When I hit 80 and see what endgame is like, I'll then decide if I want to drop one and take up BS'ing.

It also matters, though, that I'm planning on going more toward Ret than Prot atm. I want a nice big sexy 2-hander.

BS will be VERY cost prohibitive, though, so the only way I could see myself leveling BS from scratch after dropping a good money making crafting professions is if I can turn a lvl 55+ deathknight into a mining-bot.
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Lumennon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:16 am

I'm just hoping for new goggles für engineering to leak from beta, either way, I'll stick with blacksmithing / engineering.

Those two have been good to me, and I'm just too plain lazy to level up two professions from 1 to the top again.

And I can't really say no to sockets OR The Badass Hog to take my little gnome friend on a ride with.

Might trade swordsmithing in for armorsmithing however.
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
User avatar
Lumennon
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:24 am
Location: Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany

Postby Doogiehowser » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:41 pm

Considering my pally isn't my main and I still suck being a lvl 61, I'm sticking with Mining and Skinning. Maybe I'll make enough gold to just bribe Arthas to die.

"Psstt. . .Arthas. . . hey, I'll give you 10,000g and 3 Meta gems just to give me your sword for an hour. I swear I'll bring it back. Just need it to show some guy so I can get some sweet gear. Just fake like your dead. I'll even throw in a couple stacks of Tin Bars. What do you say?

....

Come on, stop being suck a jerk. Why are you being so greedy? What's your problem man? You know, I liked you better in Warcraft III you selfish jerk. How about you go kill another beloved paladin? I hope you get frostbite up here. I'm going back to Elwynn Forest where it's warm and dry. Your castle sucks dude. And by the way, Dalaran is waaaayyyy cooler than this place, even after you burnt it to the ground you scourge loving loser"
Doogiehowser
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am

Postby Levantine » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Doogiehowser wrote:Considering my pally isn't my main and I still suck being a lvl 61, I'm sticking with Mining and Skinning. Maybe I'll make enough gold to just bribe Arthas to die.

"Psstt. . .Arthas. . . hey, I'll give you 10,000g and 3 Meta gems just to give me your sword for an hour. I swear I'll bring it back. Just need it to show some guy so I can get some sweet gear. Just fake like your dead. I'll even throw in a couple stacks of Tin Bars. What do you say?

....

Come on, stop being suck a jerk. Why are you being so greedy? What's your problem man? You know, I liked you better in Warcraft III you selfish jerk. How about you go kill another beloved paladin? I hope you get frostbite up here. I'm going back to Elwynn Forest where it's warm and dry. Your castle sucks dude. And by the way, Dalaran is waaaayyyy cooler than this place, even after you burnt it to the ground you scourge loving loser"


Archimonde spanked Dalaran around, didn't he? Arthas just kinda raided it that one time.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby Arngrim » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Gonna stick with Mining/Engineering.

the stam bonus from mining is awesome and with engineering that 81 stam trinket is pretty sweet. Also I can be like Iron man and shoot lasers from my hands...


PEWPEWPEW
Image
User avatar
Arngrim
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 3:18 am
Location: Valhalla

Postby Doogiehowser » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:15 am

Levantine wrote:
Doogiehowser wrote:Considering my pally isn't my main and I still suck being a lvl 61, I'm sticking with Mining and Skinning. Maybe I'll make enough gold to just bribe Arthas to die.

"Psstt. . .Arthas. . . hey, I'll give you 10,000g and 3 Meta gems just to give me your sword for an hour. I swear I'll bring it back. Just need it to show some guy so I can get some sweet gear. Just fake like your dead. I'll even throw in a couple stacks of Tin Bars. What do you say?

....

Come on, stop being suck a jerk. Why are you being so greedy? What's your problem man? You know, I liked you better in Warcraft III you selfish jerk. How about you go kill another beloved paladin? I hope you get frostbite up here. I'm going back to Elwynn Forest where it's warm and dry. Your castle sucks dude. And by the way, Dalaran is waaaayyyy cooler than this place, even after you burnt it to the ground you scourge loving loser"


Archimonde spanked Dalaran around, didn't he? Arthas just kinda raided it that one time.


Hmmm. . .apparently humor isn't looked kindly on by paladins. Maybe I'll roll over the Gnome Rogue section, they seem like a more jovial bunch. :wink:
Doogiehowser
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 am

Doogiehowser wrote:
Levantine wrote:
Doogiehowser wrote:Considering my pally isn't my main and I still suck being a lvl 61, I'm sticking with Mining and Skinning. Maybe I'll make enough gold to just bribe Arthas to die.

"Psstt. . .Arthas. . . hey, I'll give you 10,000g and 3 Meta gems just to give me your sword for an hour. I swear I'll bring it back. Just need it to show some guy so I can get some sweet gear. Just fake like your dead. I'll even throw in a couple stacks of Tin Bars. What do you say?

....

Come on, stop being suck a jerk. Why are you being so greedy? What's your problem man? You know, I liked you better in Warcraft III you selfish jerk. How about you go kill another beloved paladin? I hope you get frostbite up here. I'm going back to Elwynn Forest where it's warm and dry. Your castle sucks dude. And by the way, Dalaran is waaaayyyy cooler than this place, even after you burnt it to the ground you scourge loving loser"


Archimonde spanked Dalaran around, didn't he? Arthas just kinda raided it that one time.


Hmmm. . .apparently humor isn't looked kindly on by paladins. Maybe I'll roll over the Gnome Rogue section, they seem like a more jovial bunch. :wink:
Nah that's just Levie bringing back teh game to memory. I thought exactly the same, but didn't voice it.



I'm a miner/jc atm. I THINK I'll drop Tailoring on my farmwhore toon, and pick mining, so it becomes mining/herbing, and just supply my pally's inscription/jc cravings.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Harlequina » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:59 am

Ench/Mine
User avatar
Harlequina
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:11 am
Location: Sweden - Earthen Ring EU

Postby honorshammer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:14 am

I'm sticking with Engy/JC. I dropped Engy at the start of tBC and ended up regretting it.
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby Doogiehowser » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:40 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Doogiehowser wrote:
Levantine wrote:
Doogiehowser wrote:Considering my pally isn't my main and I still suck being a lvl 61, I'm sticking with Mining and Skinning. Maybe I'll make enough gold to just bribe Arthas to die.

"Psstt. . .Arthas. . . hey, I'll give you 10,000g and 3 Meta gems just to give me your sword for an hour. I swear I'll bring it back. Just need it to show some guy so I can get some sweet gear. Just fake like your dead. I'll even throw in a couple stacks of Tin Bars. What do you say?

....

Come on, stop being suck a jerk. Why are you being so greedy? What's your problem man? You know, I liked you better in Warcraft III you selfish jerk. How about you go kill another beloved paladin? I hope you get frostbite up here. I'm going back to Elwynn Forest where it's warm and dry. Your castle sucks dude. And by the way, Dalaran is waaaayyyy cooler than this place, even after you burnt it to the ground you scourge loving loser"


Archimonde spanked Dalaran around, didn't he? Arthas just kinda raided it that one time.


Hmmm. . .apparently humor isn't looked kindly on by paladins. Maybe I'll roll over the Gnome Rogue section, they seem like a more jovial bunch. :wink:
Nah that's just Levie bringing back teh game to memory. I thought exactly the same, but didn't voice it.



I'm a miner/jc atm. I THINK I'll drop Tailoring on my farmwhore toon, and pick mining, so it becomes mining/herbing, and just supply my pally's inscription/jc cravings.


You're right. I do remember the cutaway scene where Archimonde starts destroying Dalaran by making a mini Dalaran out of sand and then crushing it. That was a pretty cool sequence. I just thought I remembered Arthas having something to do with it. Didn't he take down the Arcane barrier or something? Oh well.

Regardless, all the buffs seem cool for all of the professions. For the yeomen like myself, I just don't think I can afford some of those crafting professions. I'll be your dumb laborer to supply you all with raw supplies for the fancy goods/enchants/gems/etc.
Doogiehowser
 
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am

Postby mirkodeluxe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:58 am

Im sticking with engineering.. But depending on how the chips fall I might pickup inscription over mining. I wouldnt mind JC/BS as a second one, but then I'd have to buy another epic mount and level mining on an alt..


I think that in line with Blizzards promises of removal of ubiquitous class abilities/buffs I believe that if BS gets a decent epic helm recipe then Engineering will most like receive one too.
Image
mirkodeluxe
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:14 am
Location: The Maelstrom EU

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:01 am

Yes, Arthas invaded Dalaran to get stuff and open a portal in the city to summon Archimonde.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby mindreave » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:24 pm

I don't see any on the screenshots, but do the BoP JC trinkets have a profession requirement? It might be worth it to some people to craft the trinkets then drop JC for something else.

Make the STAM trinket, stuff it with JC only stam gems, make the INT trinket, stuff it with some other gems, etc, then drop JC for say... leatherworking or blacksmithing or both.

4 extra sockets from Trinkets that you can stuff with new gems whenever or leave your JC only gems in there.

2 extra sockets from Armor Smithing

90 stam bracer enchant from Leatherworking?

If uncrushable isn't somethng to worry about anymore, I can't imagine anything but big avoidance or stam trinkets in my trinket slots.
Image
Image
mindreave
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:13 pm

Postby Teloc » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:30 pm

I think I am going Jc/Inscriptions. Since i'm always on and one of the guild officers I can offer all kinds of stuff to my guild.

Plus 4 major inscriptions sound nice.
Teloc
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Proudmoore

Postby daemonym » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:52 am

Currently, I'm enchanting and engineering. With them both being very nice money makers for me (motes and DE mats from instances) it seems like they're both oging to be rather sub par come wrath. Unless the goggles are just as nice as the tankatronics are now I'll most likely be dropping engineering.

Also considering lvling enchanting on an alt for a DE bot and going LW/BS if smithing bop gear is worth it. Still need to see the full list of craftables to make a choice.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
User avatar
daemonym
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: With Cats on Mars

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?