Remove Advertisements

Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Grimmal » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:15 am

I was thinking of dropping Mining and picking up Blacksmithing (keeping Engineering regardless atm) but I'm not to sure atm as I'm starting to debate what spec I want to play in the expansion. So much seems to be BoE from tradeskills that I'm not sure that I'd loose much of anything sticking it out where I am.

I'd love to see a healing set that could be made with Blacksmithing as that would ease the decision by alot, but atm I'm just waiting out the expansion to see whether or not mining stays. It helps that my rogue is 47 now and should be close to 70 (if not 70) when it releases and has mining/skinning to support me with whatever choice I take.
Grimmal

Postby Andox » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:24 am

Would be better if they released info about the BoP items from BSing, both so we could decide if we should go Weaponsmith (Threat) or Armorsmith (Mitigation and threat). This would also be good so we could see if we have to level another proffesion, lets say LW for the 90 stamina bracer enchant. But I guess the extra wpnsocket/meta socket is fair enough.

I would go for:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41380
and
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41396
Andox

Postby Thark » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:59 am

I'm currently Enchanting/Jewelcrafting for the 11 stamina bonus.

Right now I think I'm definately keeping Jewelcrafting. It's been a useful profession, and looks like that will continue. I don't see much of benefit for tanking in Enchanting. I'll be dropping that it seems, for either Blacksmithing, or on an outside chance Leatherworking.
Thark

Postby Morrow » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Think i'll be going BS/LW, at least as it currently stands. The extra sockets and hopefully the meta + the bracer enchant from leatherworking seems to be a high stam option.
Morrow

Postby Kilthanas » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:49 am

Temero wrote:Hmmm can't quite understand all the JC love. In terms of the epic gems you can only use 3 BOP types at a time, so if you went all stamina thats only a 33 stamina benefit. As a profession JC is awesome, but in terms of min/max benefits it seems kinda lacking still compared to BS/LW.

Well what will make it or break it for me is whether they have competitive trinkets again. Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise is about as good as the pocket watch although it did take a while for them to add it. The 49 stam, 33 int, +150 spell dmg trinket is also quite nice. Those kind of trinkets can really help you get an edge if the dungeon drops are hard to acquire.

Other than that the other nice thing about JC is the money. I'm a self-sufficient tank who makes a killing on gem auctions.

In the end I may consider dropping it although I'd hate to lose the money making potential. But I do some min/maxing so some of these other stam boosters look appealing. I'm not going to make any hasty decisions though.
Kilthanas

Postby Torquemada » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:00 pm

Currently Eng/Armorsmith atm. Definitely going to keep both if we get the meta socket. My Mage will stay a farm char with Mining/Tailoring, and my Warrior tank(Almost 68) will stay Mining/Eng so I have 2 chars with mining to gather for a total of 3 professions that need ore.
Torquemada

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:08 pm

I'll be Mining/Engineering. I am far too lazy to go max out different professions.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby LittleHonors » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:58 am

This is actually one of the questions I am currently agonizing over and can't decide.

Currently I have Enchanting 370 and Mining 375. I have enough materials stockpiled to power level either BS, Eng, or JC. I was going to do Eng for the goggles but unless something really happens before release of WoLK I think I will be going BS for the sockets.

As far as enchanting I am hoping to keep it since I enjoy it and like it for DE'ing all my drops, but unless they bring the ring enchants more in line with the LW bracer sets (90 stamina) than I will have no choice but to drop it and level up LW or JC.

Still very much undecided at this point. My safest bet right now is just to keep stockpiling materials until we get closer to WoLK and than make my decisions.
LittleHonors

Postby Hammerjudge » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 am

Useful compilation, thanks.

I'm thinking I'll keep alchemy and engineering, presuming new epic head pieces will come out.
Hammerjudge
Maintankadonor

Postby Enkal » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:24 am

If potion sickness in any form remains I'll most probably drop alchemy for inscription. That way I can make enchanting parchments for my warlock enchanter and become self sufficent on enchanting all my chars. :)
Enkal

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:03 am

I'm:

Enchanting (Ring)
Juwelcrafting (BoP Stones)

Right now, JC looks good. Enchanting very weak. If it stays like this, I'll drop Enchanting and go JC + Mining.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Sartor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:46 am

Currently enchanter and Jewelcrafter... I am sticking with these :)
Sartor

Postby Dehn » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:00 am

have been miner/bs since day 1 of eu release, and will stay that way.. now that is even useful other for funding epix mounts through crafting tanking bracers in early tbc :)
Dehn

Postby Omatre » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:16 am

JC + BS

380/375 and just waiting for more idea on the upgrade path direction so I can get my P's and Q's in order :)
Omatre

Postby halabar » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:18 am

I'll stay mining/engineering until some other prof offers quality BOP crafted gear thats better than Blue drops, or offers better cash flow...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK