Remove Advertisements

Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby daemonym » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:01 pm

dropped engineering for JC and powered it up to 375 last night. still debating on enchanting for LW...those 90stam bracer mods are BEYOND tempting...my reality hurts, halp!
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:16 am

You know what, I have absolutely no desire to level my mage's engineering. I can't think of anything I want from it that I don't already have. :? I'm keeping it for the extractor and flying mounts, that's about it.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Ruex » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:47 am

I have Blacksmith and Mining currently on my Pali.
I am tempting to drop Mining when I hit Max level and get Jewelcrafting, as I know I will have Mining and Engineering on my DK.
Extra slots with Super gems?! Yes please!

Postby drdovetalk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi. First time maintankadin poster here, even though I've been reading this great forum for over half a year to learn how to tankadin.

I have a question for alchemists (assuming there are any pally tanks who still keep it):
What is the minimum alchemy level i need to have in order to discover eternal transmutes?

You can start transmuting titanium at 395, which has a chance to proc an eternal discovery. But according to wowhead, it seems that one can only conduct eternal transmutes at 405. So intuitively, an alchemist will need to be at 405 skill in order to proc an eternal discovery, since our alchemy "spellbook" doesn't seem to be able to hold recipes that we can't make.
Anyone got a clearer picture?
drdovetalk

Postby Jobalq » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:36 am

Currently i am Engi/Ench i want to drop Enchanting in order to power level Mining ( Dropped before for Engineering :) ) the problem is that leveling a gathering profession from 0 takes a long time, time that can be used for leveling.

I think the issue here is to find the best timing to do the change.
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
Jobalq

Postby unboundarea52 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:44 am

I have to go with JC as far and away the best skill overall, but ONLY when PAIRED with BS. Let me elaborate.

Flexibility. This game is ALL about flexibility. Stacking specific stats for specific fights (although post BC I'm not sure it will be necessary). Especially at lower end raid content where gear optimization is necessary (though as just stated I'm not sure this is a necessity anymore with WotLK).

Three (3) JC Only PRISMATIC gems.
Currently level 75 JC trinkets with 2 sockets
Likely future items such as lvl 80 epic trinkets

By itself it is nice, even solid, if for no other reason that the JC only prismatic gems that will allow for a degree of flexibility in gear that no other proffesion offers. Also note the JC only gems will likely grant far more socket bonus' than other players will have, and they are better in stats than ALL other gems in the game.

Pair this with BS and you have a combination that grants more sockets, more flexibility, and likely larger stat pools than any other combination.

Yes 90 Stam to bracers is nice. Yes resist to bracers "MIGHT" be useful. Yes, 500 HP's from mining is nice. In the end though do we all really think Health is the single most important thing to stack? Is that health something not attainable by simply adding stam gems to your extra 5 sockets? Because last time I checked 5 *24 = 120 stam, which is way more than just 90 on bracers and a proffesion that benefits Plate wearing clasess in almost no other appreciable way.

I'm going BS/Mining til 80, get BS to 450, farm some mats for JC then drop mining for JC. I'll re-aquire mining on my priest as I level him through WotLK.
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
unboundarea52

Postby maurok » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:22 am

unboundarea52 wrote:(...)
I'm going BS/Mining til 80, get BS to 450, farm some mats for JC then drop mining for JC. I'll re-aquire mining on my priest as I level him through WotLK.

I´ll most probably do this.... but there´s some doubts left between JC x LW.
I widh we did get more info about future epic items =[
maurok

Postby Brute » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm just going to keep what I've had since November 2004... Blacksmithing and Mining.
Brute

Postby unboundarea52 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm

I´ll most probably do this.... but there´s some doubts left between JC x LW.

For me there are no doubts. LW is does not offer us anything other than enchants to items, and potentially some form of drums (although to be honest I'm not sure of the new mechanics of drums, if any)

JC WILL offer a great tanky trinket in the monarch crab. +63 Stam +9stam socket bonus and + huge dodge rating ona 2 min cooldown or something very close to those stats with two(2) sockets to boot. Yes it's level 75, but I'm willing to bet that with 2 JC only gems that trinket becomes better for tanks than anything currently available. I could be wrong here, but I doubt it. Furthermore, as your defense rating increases you can you those sockets for other avoidance stats or for stam if necessary.

I do agree that more knowledge about high end JCing, or future plans for it would be nice, I just can't justify the degree of flexibility and utility JC offers to LW. If for some reason we wore Leather armor a sincere arguement could be made to pursuade mt to the benefit of LW, but we don't and so we gain no significant advantages other than health.
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
unboundarea52

Previous

Return to WotLK