Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Equitas » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:28 pm

Preparing to remove Engineering and get Blacksmithing, the lvl 80 Blue and Epic armor + shields are insane for starters.

Additionally i love the fact that we can add 2 +1 sockets which are colorless means more stamina to me. And if we actually get to add a Metagem socket then thats completely priceless to me if i get to add both the defense and the stamina gem gaining 2% more armor and 5% more BV.

Welcome to blacksmiths world.

Oh additionally im leveling my druid alt and hes going to be herbs/inscripting.

:)
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Berenyepim-Dunemaul » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:37 pm

I will be doing enchanting and blacksmithing. I already have enchanting, and alchemy will be replaced by blacksmithing. The reason for that switch is pretty simple, the 20% extra stats from flask is only 130hp with the new 650hp flask. Blacksmithing will net me two extra sockets, which if BC gemming patterns go will likely be stamina gems (30 stam each).. that sounds like a winner. Add in the fact that there is craftable armor and that sealed the deal for me.

I considered dropping the enchanting and keeping alchemy, but the stam ring enchants outweigh the stam bonus from the flasks and the Alchemist stone is good, but I'm banking on there being better trinkets available.
Berenyepim-Dunemaul

Postby Origon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:48 pm

BS and JC on the pally with my priest going mining / herb to supply me ores and my gf with herbs for inscription.
Origon

Postby tbolt » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:17 pm

I'm going to power level JC/BS on my pally, bringing up an enhancement shammy who will be my farm toon with Mine/Herb. Once wrath hits my DK will pick up inscription, alchemy, or eng. Still haven't seen anything BoP for inscription aside from offhands which I don't need so if it doesn't get any upgrades I'll just buy the glyphs I need and my DK will have eng for mote farming and alch for pots/transmutes.
tbolt

Postby Donahu » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:33 pm

Any word on the BoP craftable items yet for each profession? I've seen a few newer posts saying "because of the craftable armor" or "because of the level 80 blue and epic armor and shields are insane". Just wondering if the BoP stats are up somewhere now?
Donahu

Postby Levantine » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Merodyn wrote:Hmm dont get that, how can JC be superior? I mean if we are talking Only tankadin, u can have 3 gems, thats like 33 stamina. Thats even worse than mining.

The JC only gems are Prismatic, they match any coloured socket, that's where their strength lies.
Levantine

Postby crabcrouton » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:04 am

Sorry if this has been raised somewhere else but could someone point out where it says that Socketing Bracers and Gloves are Armorsmith exclusive and Socket Weapon is Weaponsmith exclusive?

A quick search on wotlk.wowhead.com didn't show those as having specializations required.
crabcrouton

skills

Postby chaos45 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:41 am

My pali tank is already 375 bs and 375 JC and from what im seeing will remain both, in fact from everything ive read and seen in the game for tanks those are the best 2 skills to have as they work really well together.

I will also be rolling a DK tank and guess what im gonig to go the same 2 skills lol...only difference is DK will prolly go weapon smith instead of armor smith, but that depends on what unique items they put in by the release date. Because as of crusade neither is really that great for a tank, but in the long run BS was decent due to raid pat drops. Hopefully in wrath they will adds tank weapons for weaponsmith, and tank armor for armorsmith instead of the mainly useless breastplate of kings....lets think as dps how many people go armorsmith back before BC lol.....was dumb of blizz to do that and hopefully they learned for wrath.

I think they should continue to format the skills more to classes cause imo its stupid for a priest to be a BS, if ur a cloth wearer it should be better to be a tailor just makes sense and the game design should support that choice not make it better for a plate tank to want to be a tailor or even a leathworker.

Just my opinion
chaos45

Postby Davalin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:42 am

crabcrouton wrote:Sorry if this has been raised somewhere else but could someone point out where it says that Socketing Bracers and Gloves are Armorsmith exclusive and Socket Weapon is Weaponsmith exclusive?

A quick search on wotlk.wowhead.com didn't show those as having specializations required.

these 2 are not specific to either weapon or armoursmithing, but there is currently rumours still about a specific extra socket for weapons for weaponsmiths and a meta socket possibly for armoursmiths
Powerbocking FTW!
Davalin

Postby Warcraft » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:08 am

I just updated the post with some new information. It's not pretty, but it should all be there!
Warcraft

Postby Davalin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:23 am

Warcraft wrote:I just updated the post with some new information. It's not pretty, but it should all be there!

you may want to fix the bblacksmithing section then because currently;
socket bracer
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55628
and socket gloves
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55641
are both available to ALL blacksmiths not just armoursmiths like u have posted.
Powerbocking FTW!
Davalin

Postby Warcraft » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:41 am

Davalin wrote:you may want to fix the bblacksmithing section then because currently;
socket bracer
and socket gloves

What happened to the weapon sockets? Are they out the game?
Warcraft

Postby Davalin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 am

Warcraft wrote:
Davalin wrote:you may want to fix the bblacksmithing section then because currently;
socket bracer
and socket gloves

What happened to the weapon sockets? Are they out the game?

As far as i know they are like the meta socket for armoursmiths, not been officially confirmed and put in the game yet. but anyone who knows more is welcome to tell me im wrong ofcourse.
Powerbocking FTW!
Davalin

Postby trellian » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 am

Warcraft wrote:What happened to the weapon sockets? Are they out the game?

I can't find them on wowhead anymore. They used to be there. I'm sure.
trellian

Postby Origon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:49 am

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=50465

Doesn't have any of that "must maintain blacksmithing" on it, so might be an abandoned thing (can't see the wowhead links properly at work, just found the socket weapon)
Origon

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK