Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Tonic » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:08 am

Gonna stick with the basic BS + Mining, Unless I'm going Ret. In that case I'm considering JC or Engineering to replace Mining.
Tonic

Postby edgeta » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:34 am

Getting ready to start leveling BS (in the process of farming mats on my miner). I'm just wondering if there's been any indication of whether Armorsmithing or Weaponsmithing will be a better choice for tanking in WotLK. I've looked around but I haven't seen anything that seems to be geared towards one or the other yet.
Mandoralin - lv 70 Paladin - Elune

50/11/0 (respeccing prot with next patch)
edgeta

Postby Ahroo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:56 am

Staying BS/JC.
Ahroo

Postby Egin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:59 am

Seraphia wrote:I'm staying with my Mining and Engineering for the time being.

Smithing is just to soul sucking to skill up.

/nod
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Adoraa

TheBaldGuy wrote:CC is when a tankadin runs into a crowd of mobs, lays down consecrate and proceeds to control said crowd of mobs. ;)
<--- LOL!!
Egin

Postby Bovion » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:03 pm

If the extra glyph actually gets put in, I'll be BS/Inscription on my pally. IF it doesn't, I'll go BS/JC.
Bovion

Postby majiben » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:08 pm

I believe that the extra glyph slot is a discarded idea at this time. Rather inscribers will get access to improved shoulder enchants.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby cardo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:27 pm

no clue if anyone dealt with this but is this a bug:
Glyph of the Warhorse Unknown ??? Reduces the casting time of your Summon Charger and Summon Warhorse spells by 1 sec.

Arent they instant casts nowadays?
as for professions. I'll see I think engineering will see it's love later on so I'll keep it as for second. Either JC or BS and I think BS wins it atm but I'll switch sides to that a 100 times before dc is out
cardo

Postby HollerTH » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:36 pm

JC/Enchanting, I enjoy them and they have their uses. Not going to level a profession just for a samll boost to a stat when the difference is so small.
HollerTH

Postby tarilr » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:21 pm

I'm currently eng/ench, but I am starting to lean towards picking up BS instead for the extra sockets. Engi seems to so far have nothing than some mid 70 blues that I am sure will be replaced by the time I hit 80. I'm going to hold off until near the end of October to switch just to see if any new useful engineering stuff comes out. I am about 90% set on enchanting,but they seem to be gearing it toward useless wands, unfortunately. 48 stam on rings is nice, + stam to bracers would still be much less than what I could get with LW,but I would hate to level LW just for a wrist and leg enchant. So who knows. Like I said, I'll wait a while longer to see if anything more comes leaking out.
tarilr

Postby Katamai » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 am

I am really having hard time ditching alchemy with all the recipes i have and the tanking trinket looks rather decent.

I'll most likely take JC/Alch or Alch/BS.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Enkal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:57 am

With the +50% effect and double duration on flasks I think I'll stick with alch. I now wonder if I should keep herb on my tankadin tho? Too many other goodies around...
Enkal

Postby ScribeShanky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:45 am

Engineering for the Wrath of the Lich King teleporter malfunctions. Seriously.
I just love it when a good keikaku comes together.
ScribeShanky

Postby Thrornir » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:48 am

I'll join in with the Mining / Engineering crowd, but will probably drop engineering for blacksmithing. Engineering currently provides nothing stackable with other professions, and while the trinket is nice, this item from heroic Azjol-Nerub is nicer - Essence of Gossamer. Stamina and mitigation together? Sounds good to me. My other trinket is usually a pure avoidance item, and so far I've had no problems in beta holding threat on anything I've tanked.

It's too bad, I've held on to Engineering for a long time now, but you really only need one per guild to craft the warrior guns, DPS guns, and injectors and repair bots for raids.
Thrornir

Postby ubaduck » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:08 am

Im currently eng/ench but i will very likely drop engineering for blacksmithing, i would drop enchanting for leatherworking but i have picked up most the bc recipes so i would hate to lose them. If you are able to lvl leatherworking make a but load of wrist enchants drop lw and still use them ill consider that (and then do same with jc) then finally lvl blacksmithing.

also keen to see if blacksmiths get any cool bop stuff.
ubaduck

Postby pman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:38 am

I think I'm going to go with BS/JC.

JC is a decent way to make money. That and the BoP gems and trinkets look fairly good. Plus it will be easier to get the neck gear. And I don't really raid all that much so opportunities will something better may not be available.

BS for the sockets. I'm still holding out for the metagem though. I'm curious about what each specialization will get.
pman

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK