Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kroda » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:50 pm

oxn wrote:
oxn wrote:Yarr, going LW + BS >>

The rogue alt is becoming mining / skin to support my habits

After much consideration, I will be going JC + BS.

This should allow me to stack stamina in every single gem slot and easily use any meta gem. It also gives me an additional two non-color gem slots. ( possibly another meta socket? /shrug )

I did a bit of testing between the different professions to maximize hp / utility and these turned out to be the best for me. I plan on posting my results after I cleanup the data and verify a few last things.

I'm pretty much decided on the same thing.

I'd love to see your analysis when you clean it up.
Kroda

Postby unboundarea52 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:00 pm

After much consideration, I will be going JC + BS.

This.

Basically it adds 3 sockets, or more depending on Blizz's final decision. This plus the fact that you get the JC only gems, JC only trinkets (which will certainly have their equivilent in some dungeon) plus having access to one of the best money making proffesions in game (JC) should put this skill combination above all others in my opinion.

It should be noted however that dropping JC on my alt to get mining, and then dropping mining on my pally to level JC is going to make me pull my hair out.
Unbound - Area 52
Prot Pally
unboundarea52

Postby Kelaan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Macha wrote:Leveling an alchemist ATm to help with Titansteel - you can reach transmute titanium without using northrend herbs.

Interesting. I guess the idea is, you'll mine enough of the lower stuff to transmute it rather than just smelting it? Cobalt and Saronite DO seem much more common.

If only xmute cooldowns were not shared. :(
Kelaan

Postby oxn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:04 am

did some more math / research, but I am le tired.. so I still need to double check everything..

Assuming all epic gems.
Stat/Stamina gems give 15 stamina.
Stamina gems give 30 stamina.

LW has a leg enchant for 72 Stamina.
LW has a bracer enchant for 90 Stamina.

BS gets 3 extra colorless sockets. I was under the impression that the 1hander socket was for weaponsmiths, but now I am unsure (confirmation would be awesomr ). These results are using 3 extra sockets.

JC gets 3x unique bop gems for 41 stamina.
JC gets a trinket with 63 stamina, two sockets ( 1 blue , 1 yellow : bonus = 9 stamina ), and it has a gimp dodge use on it.

---

Let's take a look at relative hp gains without using the JC stamina trinket..

Best vs Best vs Best
LW BS JC
LW 0 197.7536 346.0688
BS -197.7536 0 148.3152
JC -346.0688 -148.3152 0

LW is clearly in the lead and JC is failing hardcore.

Let's shift to the opposite case, JC stamina trinket equipped and socketed using 1 blue + 1 bop gem..

Best vs Best vs Best
LW BS JC
LW 0 197.7536 -395.5072
BS -197.7536 0 -593.2608
JC 395.5072 593.2608 0

Seriously? That's an amazing turn around ( 741.576 hp ). I used the heroic MGT trinket as my comparison.

Socked this way the trinket has a combined value of 143 stamina. Keep in mind this a level 75 blue trinket as well.

My math seems fuzzy, but by equipping the trinket and socketing it that way the total boost over no profession is 1705.6248 hp.

--

I'll post the details soon, I've been busy farming ore so I haven't really cleaned anything up yet. I need to add in engineering figures as well.

Please point out any obvious flaws. =)
oxn

Postby Macha » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:16 am

Kelaan wrote:
Macha wrote:Leveling an alchemist ATm to help with Titansteel - you can reach transmute titanium without using northrend herbs.

Interesting. I guess the idea is, you'll mine enough of the lower stuff to transmute it rather than just smelting it? Cobalt and Saronite DO seem much more common.

Yes, exactly this. The trick here is that you can do this on an alt, since you can reach transmute: Titanium with outland herbs. This makes you discover the other transmutes slowly as well.

I'm basically swimming in cobalt and especially Saronite in the beta. Starting to transmute a lot of it as early as possible should help, especially on a transmute alchemist.

I still gotta use the smelting 20h cooldown to make the actual Titansteel, but it saves me the bother of farming those elusive titanium nodes.
Macha

Postby Eaglestrike » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:13 am

Currently it's looking like I'll be doing BS/Enchanting. I'm unsure about enchanting vs JC, but I'm already 385 in enchanting and have a shot at getting realm first with that. BS looks like it gives more of a personal bonus than JC (at least once you get past early raids and replace the trinket) though probably less money. BS gives at least two sockets, which is more of a bonus than the JC only gems over normal epic (though JC will have more of a bonus earlier on when epic gems aren't for many people). And the JC gems are limited to only 3 unique at a time last I saw (meaning only 3 JC specific gems at a time) and with only a 15 stam bonus over epic the extra BS socket gives twice that bonus in one.

Just need to figure out how I'm leveling BS, my highest mining toon is level 47 at the moment...
Eaglestrike

Postby Eeva » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:57 am

I am taking Enchant/BS. I will be doing Prot and Holy when needed.

I am also 100% questing and dual box leveling to 80 with Pally on autofollow healing my Herb/Mining Rogue. Should be able to get enough ore while leveling to get BS to max quickly.
Eeva

Postby Pelendralaar » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm currently BS/Enchanter but have not seen anything in enchanting that provides for a unique individual boost to stats that would make it worth keeping. I think JC and LW would be the two top runners with BS. And even then JC would have a lot better synergy with BS than LW.

So i may become BS/JC unless enchanting gets better.
Last edited by Pelendralaar on Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pelendralaar

Postby apolana » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:58 pm

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=59636

I'm not sure if that has been confirmed or not, but +24stam per ring isn't too shabby.
apolana

Postby Eeva » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:06 pm

apolana wrote:http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=59636

I'm not sure if that has been confirmed or not, but +24stam per ring isn't too shabby.

ya, I saw this somewhere before. It is amazing.

I am pretty sure its real cause almost all the professions have some kind of "Stam buff".

I know there are a few perks with all profs, but I would keep Enchanting for the sole reason that I like to DE my own BoP items and now we will be able to sell Enchants in the AH. I think its a fun profession too.
Eeva

Postby oxn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Enchanting is alright in that it is better than Mining, but not by much >>

2x 24 sta = 48

48 Passive Kings
HP 539.328 593.2608
SP 16.17984 17.797824
oxn

Postby HiImRagnos » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:11 pm

Enchanting/Bs as well. Those belt buckles and unconfirmed third meta sound mighty sexy. So i get my hp and 2% more armor from items, as well as, defense and block value.
I hate double stamina trinkets.
HiImRagnos

proffesions

Postby kurtizzle » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 am

Having been playing only a year and the fact that my main is my second character, I saw proffesions as a money sink and only took mining/engineer to help with bombs and things when leveling. After discovering the tank goggles I decided to sort it out. I am going to stick with engineering and mining but im still working on my mining level.

Mining is such a grind, but I think being self suficient in your proffesion is quite good. Engineering was attractive because all the best stuff is learnt from a vendor or a boss drop. There isnt much in terms of Rep grinds. Im a casual player that plays seriously.

Has anyone got a link to this engineer trinket and any thoughts on how useful it could be? Proc threat and mega stamina sounds like win to me.
Kurtizzle lvl 80 Tankadin T7/7.5/Badgeloot/roic drops
EU-HELLFIRE
kurtizzle

Postby MomysLidlMonsta » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:53 am

JC/Miner here
Might drop Mining for BS later if I get an alt with Mining and epic Flyer, but 2 Sockets aren't that much of an improvement over 500hp yet.
JC-only trinkets and gems are too damn sexy right now^^
MomysLidlMonsta

Postby Andryana » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:01 am

Eeva wrote:
apolana wrote:http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=59636

ya, I saw this somewhere before. It is amazing.

I am pretty sure its real cause almost all the professions have some kind of "Stam buff".

I know there are a few perks with all profs, but I would keep Enchanting for the sole reason that I like to DE my own BoP items and now we will be able to sell Enchants in the AH. I think its a fun profession too.

Pretty much the same here, to me enchanting was always a fun profession and i'll stick with it.

And after all the gold i've dumped on BS i don't have the courage to leave it, besides it looks like it's getting some love on WoTLK.
Andryana

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK