Remove Advertisements

Blessing of Sanctuary

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sark » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 pm

so let's see

spell warding + imp RF + BoSanct = 13% magic damage reduction?

no mr up and coming DK...i think i WILL be tanking that caster boss after all 8)
Sark

Postby Pizbit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 pm

*puts on new pants*
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Elsie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:23 pm

spell warding + imp RF + BoSanct = 13% magic damage reduction?

multiplicative, and a reduction. So it's less than 13%
Elsie

Postby Huon » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Dear Everyone,

Who thinks it is a matter of time before they put an internal cooldown on the BoSanct Power Restore effect?

Noticing Obviously Overpowered Shit,
Sabin

Man, stay positive. I'm sure its gonna be nerfed either by reducing the mana back, internal CD or make it dodge only or something but the greatest thing is that its actually good now.

I am gonna go and say that even with just the 3% reduction it would be a WAY better talent than what it is now. the extra mana back is just... sooo ... sweet.... /wipe the floor.

Cheers
Huon

Postby Elsie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:30 pm

sounds like 4 paladins to a raid now to me. 10 rage / 20 runic power is a LOT to other tanks and a huge step to preventing 'overgear' situations.
Elsie

Postby Galoheart » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:31 pm

I'm just logged in and went back to Howling Fjord and went grinding on the Winterskin Woodmans camp in Skorn. It has all the mobs that you can gather up to try out BoS.

Mana problem seem to be pretty good with BoS up. How Good?

I can hit almost everything on a full gang of mobs and consecrate and i have more mana than i can burn almost as much as im now dodging and blocking for mana in my TBC Tank gear.

So i decided to do something else. I healed myself and emptied my mana bar to about just 500 mana with just a seal active. Went around gather up about a 10-12 mobs. It wasn't long like in 20 sec before I had complete full mana bar and more mana to burn.

I have more mana with BoS up for a Blessing vs having up BoM up where I did more damage. But if I have more mana I have more buttons to mash and dump mana if I need to as well. Tradeoffs.

BoS is working well. Very Very Well actually.

As for what I think. Hell this is really good with BoS. Be nice in dungeons and raids as well. I would like to be positive about this but I can't help but feel that Blizzard may nerf this before too long though i hope they don't. Good things don't seems to last long for Paladins. Protection mana problem need to be solved and this goes a long way to help it as well as let us solo with our low damage output by having less mana issues.

I can see it now. Someone else in Raids is gona have to give us Kings.
Last edited by Galoheart on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Forlorn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Based on these changes I think I am going to be making my ret paladin pick up kings since its not really a sacrifice for him to do so. Additionally with a warrior around he can handle the might issue.

Also I am now going to have to get Sheild Spec since it increases BV by 30% which is just to sexy. Sadly I dont know if I can find the points for improved devo or not. There is just to much good stuff.
Forlorn

Postby Sharlos » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:59 pm

Elsie wrote:sounds like 4 paladins to a raid now to me. 10 rage / 20 runic power is a LOT to other tanks and a huge step to preventing 'overgear' situations.

Not necessarily. Warrior battle-shout replaces blessing of might
Sharlos

Postby Elsie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:08 pm

It's still useful for the glyph and ret doesn't have a ton of other options. Not to mention holy tends to hate speccing prot so far.
Elsie

Postby Seraphia » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Galoheart wrote:As for what I think. Hell this is really good with BoS. Be nice in dungeons and raids as well. I would like to be positive about this but I can't help but feel that Blizzard may nerf this before too long though i hope they don't. Good things don't seems to last long for Paladins. Protection mana problem need to be solved and this goes a long way to help it as well as let us solo with our low damage output by having less mana issues.

I still don't see why they would need to nerf this.

Unless they are afraid of our ability to farm low level instances, or those Demon Hunter Trainee's in Shadowmoon. :P
-Seraphia <Slap in the Face> : Doomhammer
Seraphia

Postby Saphier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:18 pm

How much max runic power do Death knights have, and how much is paladin base mana at 80? With how much int?

2% mana vs 10% of a rage bar... Sure its great in aoe situations... we really needed help there, right?
Saphier

Postby Tradyk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:19 pm

Saphier wrote:How much max runic power do Death knights have, and how much is paladin base mana at 80? With how much int?

2% mana vs 10% of a rage bar... Sure its great in aoe situations... we really needed help there, right?

You honestly trying to say it isn't enough? Take whats given man, this is the biggest step forward we've had to our endurance since spiritual attunement!
Tradyk

Postby Saphier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Tradyk wrote:
Saphier wrote:How much max runic power do Death knights have, and how much is paladin base mana at 80? With how much int?

You honestly trying to say it isn't enough? Take whats given man, this is the biggest step forward we've had to our endurance since spiritual attunement!

Please sir may I have some more?
Saphier

Postby Eaglestrike » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:35 pm

I do believe it's 2% max mana. Which will of course be the reasoning for giving us loads of int on our tier sets.
Eaglestrike

Postby Tradyk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:37 pm

Touche.

But to your original point, they use 10% rage at about the same speed we use 2% mana. I think it was worldie who said that HotR is about 225 mana at L80, and we've got pools of about 6-7K. At 6000 mana this equates to 120 mana back each block/dodge parry. To compare, Heroic Strike, untalented costs 15 rage. Comparing an untalented baseline attack against our 51 point talent, the 51 point talent regains 53% of its cost from a single block, while the untalented attack recoups 66%.

Also, our regain scales. So we get Arcane Intellect plus BoK, and maybe we put in a piece or two of healer gear (not that unreasonable, considering the way stats work now) suddenly we've got 7.5K mana pool, and a recoup of 150 per block/parry/dodge. And we're on par with warrior's untalented base attack.
Tradyk

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK