Blessing of Sanctuary

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:31 pm

um...if i'm reading the beacon of light correctly looks like it has unlimited duration...
"the target becomes a beacon of light to all targets within a 40 yd. radius. Any heals you cast on those targets will also heal the Beacon for 100% of the amount healed"

That is insanely powerful, a Holy Paladin going for sanct. and skipping that talent would really be nerfing their healing ability.
Chevalier

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:33 pm

Chevalier wrote:um...if i'm reading the beacon of light correctly looks like it has unlimited duration...
"the target becomes a beacon of light to all targets within a 40 yd. radius. Any heals you cast on those targets will also heal the Beacon for 100% of the amount healed"

That is insanely powerful, a Holy Paladin going for sanct. and skipping that talent would really be nerfing their healing ability.

That stands to be seen.
Another issue I'm thinking about is that as a Prot Paladin, I only need mana if I'm tanking something not difficult. Otherwise, I'm at full mana. If we don't get a mana dump, doesn't this blessing benefit warriors and druids (maybe DKs) more than us? They can dump extra rage into threat.

Maybe we should bring that up in the beta boards.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Fenris » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Chevalier wrote:um...if i'm reading the beacon of light correctly looks like it has unlimited duration...

Well,while the old beacon was quite poor as aoe heal...It was way more aoe than the new one,leaving holy paladins with their weakness on aoe fights pretty much untouched (still,better this that 0.....) so it has some rights in being insanelty powerful to compensate :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Arjuna wrote:
Chevalier wrote:Don't forget the mana/runic/rage regeneration...it's significant and it's something warrior tanks, druid tanks, and DK tanks will also love to have.
Also i'd say this blessing beats kings in all situations except for boss fights where you are not overgeared.

10% more stamina+str vs. 3% less damage taken and mana back

don't forget agi!...in a boss fight where your not overgeared you'll have sufficient mana, and the increased threat from str. will be important in a long boss fight...but if your starving for mana go for sanct. I'd say sanct all the way for 5-mans and raid trash.
Chevalier

Postby Arjuna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Chevalier wrote:
Arjuna wrote:
Chevalier wrote:Don't forget the mana/runic/rage regeneration...it's significant and it's something warrior tanks, druid tanks, and DK tanks will also love to have.
Also i'd say this blessing beats kings in all situations except for boss fights where you are not overgeared.

don't forget agi!...in a boss fight where your not overgeared you'll have sufficient mana, and the increased threat from str. will be important in a long boss fight...but if your starving for mana go for sanct. I'd say sanct all the way for 5-mans and raid trash.

true true, i forgot about agi...
will our tank gear have it? I don't think i gain any agi from my tank gear at lvl 70...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:40 pm

Arjuna wrote:
Chevalier wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

will our tank gear have it? I don't think i gain any agi from my tank gear at lvl 70...

I don't know, wouldn't mind it though, agi has good avoidance and armor built-in.
Chevalier

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm

moduspwnens wrote:

That stands to be seen.
Another issue I'm thinking about is that as a Prot Paladin, I only need mana if I'm tanking something not difficult. Otherwise, I'm at full mana. If we don't get a mana dump, doesn't this blessing benefit warriors and druids (maybe DKs) more than us? They can dump extra rage into threat.

Maybe we should bring that up in the beta boards.

Yah, well we have alot more skills in wrath than in BC...so I don't think it'll be too hard to dump it.
Last edited by Chevalier on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chevalier

Postby Arjuna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Chevalier wrote:
Arjuna wrote:
Chevalier wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

I don't know, wouldn't mind it though, agi has good avoidance and armor built-in.

but isnt pure dodge and armor better from an itempoints point of view?
Arjuna

Postby Arjuna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 pm

*cheaper
Arjuna

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Arjuna wrote:
Chevalier wrote:
Arjuna wrote:
Chevalier wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

but isnt pure dodge and armor better from an itempoints point of view?

You get 2.2 armor pts. per agi. and 83% of the avoidance of dodge with 1 pt. of agility assuming Kings. So they are fairly equal.
Chevalier

Postby Velgarn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Hmm does this mean we might have the mana to dump both consecrate and work avenger shields into our rotations?

Seal swapping? If we have the excess of mana...

I think we'll find a way to (ab)use our mana gains.
Velgarn

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:54 pm

Velgarn wrote:Hmm does this mean we might have the mana to dump both consecrate and work avenger shields into our rotations?

I think it's believed that we're limited more by our GCDs than mana at this point. If seals didn't trigger the GCD, then yes, that'd probably be an efficient way of burning through mana for extra threat.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Tradyk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:58 pm

*does the dance of the happy tankadin*

BoSanc is bloody awesome. It solves our mana issues on overgeared content, and gives us a good chunk of mitigation.

BoSanc is Love!
Tradyk

Postby Soltyr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:59 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Velgarn wrote:Hmm does this mean we might have the mana to dump both consecrate and work avenger shields into our rotations?

I think it's believed that we're limited more by our GCDs than mana at this point. If seals didn't trigger the GCD, then yes, that'd probably be an efficient way of burning through mana for extra threat.

I'm wondering if Guarded by the Light continues to have some kind of usefulness now.
Soltyr

Postby Vorps » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:59 pm

Just imagine the AE shenanigans you can have with this and Hammer of the Righteous with Seal of Light.
Vorps

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK