Remove Advertisements

Blessing of Sanctuary

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rothes » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:51 am

Fridmarr wrote:@baked

Anyhow, yeah I think combining it with kings would be ok since it keeps the blessing count down. They could leave regular kings alone and just make sanctuary an improved kings. Either way, I'd rather not have 4 blessings.

So, kings baseline. Improved Kings talent that adds 3% reduction.

Leave sanctuary but make it not a blessing, always on (or always on with shield equipped) and nondispellable... mana regen portion only.
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:54 am

Rothes wrote:

Anyhow, yeah I think combining it with kings would be ok since it keeps the blessing count down. They could leave regular kings alone and just make sanctuary an improved kings. Either way, I'd rather not have 4 blessings.

Leave sanctuary but make it not a blessing, always on (or always on with shield equipped) and nondispellable... mana regen portion only.

Well, it doesn't really matter how you parse it. The simplest thing is to literally rename Blessing of Sanctuary to be Improved Blessing of Kings and have it give kings all of the effects that Sanctuary has. You can leave everything else exactly as it is.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Rothes » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:57 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Rothes wrote:

Well, it doesn't really matter how you parse it. The simplest thing is to literally rename Blessing of Sanctuary to be Improved Blessing of Kings and have it give kings all of the effects that Sanctuary has. You can leave everything else exactly as it is.

I think kings should just give the 10% stat increase and 3% reduction.

Sanctuary should be a seperate talent that just give us mana regen on dodge/block/parry noncastable and nondispellable.

So leave kings where it is and make it imp kings and leave blessing of sanctuary and just call it sanctuary. Or move kings down if that is too powerful to be that high.
Last edited by Rothes on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Splug » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:57 am

Assuming it stays in its current state of 1 rage per block/parry/dodge, warriors lose more than they gain trying to reach it, unless there is someone else to do kings. 10% agi is going to be close to 1% dodge, and the (almost) 1 additional rage per incoming attack isn't enough to compensate for the threat lost on the agi/str boost. 10% stam is going to be more effective health gain than 3% DR. At the end of the day, it's less effective health and less threat, with a very slight reduction in total damage intake - and that's before trying to figure out how much the str->BV conversion does for mitigation.

Modus respec'd some kind of crazy 40/21/0 to test it out last night in Utgarde; it's interesting, but overgearing UK still causes extremely weak rage build.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:02 am

Rothes wrote:

This seems like the easiest reasonable solution to me, too.

Blessing of Kings for 10% stat boost: baseline
Improved Kings for 3% less damage taken: 11 prot
self-only, passive talent called Sanctuary for mana on DPB: 21 prot.

I'd be fine with that.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:07 am

What I'm trying to get rid of by rolling all of sanctuary into kings is four blessings. We are the only tanking class that gains from all four. Most likely you won't have access to all four for a raid, that seems wrong to me.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Galoheart » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 am

Rasmfrackn wrote:
Rothes wrote:

I'd be fine with that.

That sounds reasonable as well above ^^.

Kings Baseline. Imp Kings where Kings is for the damage reduction and BoS talent just changed and simply called "Sanctuary" as a Self Only or passive Buff. Reduce the amount of paladin buffs needed from 4 Paladin Buffs down to 3 to get all we need as yes we do benefit from all 3 buffs. Be fine with that as well.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Rothes » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:09 am

Can someone suggest it on the beta forums?
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Karock » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Fridmarr wrote:

This, just make the "rage, runic power and mana" portion of sanctuary get added onto kings. (Making a prot paladin's "kings" better than, say, a holy paladin who specced just far enough into prot to get kings).
Karock

Postby agamemnoch » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:22 pm

Galoheart wrote:
Rasmfrackn wrote:
Rothes wrote:

I'd be fine with that.

That sounds reasonable as well above ^^.

Kings Baseline. Imp Kings where Kings is for the damage reduction and BoS talent just changed and simply called "Sanctuary" as a Self Only or passive Buff. Reduce the amount of paladin buffs needed from 4 Paladin Buffs down to 3 to get all we need as yes we do benefit from all 3 buffs. Be fine with that as well.

Roll the sanctuary stuff into "Improved RF" and be done with it.
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby Karock » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:27 pm

I'm not really sure why you all want sanctuary just for yourselves. I'd rather have my kings be better than a non-prot paladin's kings (kinda like wisdom or might yeah?) than to give up my only unique raid buff so that they can bring someone else for kings (not that I'm worried about my raid spot =P)
Karock

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Karock wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

This, just make the "rage, runic power and mana" portion of sanctuary get added onto kings. (Making a prot paladin's "kings" better than, say, a holy paladin who specced just far enough into prot to get kings).

Then what are you going to do with the damage reduction?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Karock » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Get rid of it or put it into imp RF.
Karock

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Karock wrote:Get rid of it or put it into imp RF.

For what reason? Why not just put it in the improved kings?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Karock » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:34 pm

I wouldn't be against that but "10% increased stats, rage, runic power and mana when you block, parry or dodge.... and even 3% more damage reduction!" just seems to be dragging the list out quite a bit. And I think that 3% extra damage reduction isn't a big deal when compared to the other two *shrug*
Karock

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK