Blessing of Sanctuary

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby aranil » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:58 am

Mortehl wrote:I don't think situations like Shattered Halls (6-8+ mob groups) are going to exist much in Wrath. In fact I believe some dev somewhere quoted that exact situation as something they want to avoid.

Damn it, I loved Shattered Halls, taking a warlock, a shaman, a mage, and another paladin and doing the place in 3 p[ulls is sooo much fun
aranil

Postby Sechs » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:07 am

Mortehl wrote:I don't think situations like Shattered Halls (6-8+ mob groups) are going to exist much in Wrath. In fact I believe some dev somewhere quoted that exact situation as something they want to avoid.

Not the situation itself but the fact that most ppl don't want to do it without a paladin. This one they are fixing by giving more aoe threat to all tanks.
Sechs

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 am

On my warrior in beta, especially with Imp T-Clap, I can generally Shockwave + Thunder Clap every time it's off cooldown and keep mobs similar to a Consecrate. It's not as good as a Consecrate, but it keeps things off the healer, and through the occasional Chain Lightning/Multishot.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Splug » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:33 am

moduspwnens wrote:On my warrior in beta, especially with Imp T-Clap, I can generally Shockwave + Thunder Clap every time it's off cooldown and keep mobs similar to a Consecrate. It's not as good as a Consecrate, but it keeps things off the healer, and through the occasional Chain Lightning/Multishot.
Yeah, it works fairly well as long as there are 4 or fewer targets. More than that and it starts to break down very quickly.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:33 am

On the topic of BoSanc returning rage/RP/mana on blocks: this is currently a unique raid buff, provided by only one class. That goes directly against Blizzard's push to diffuse raid utility such that no single spec is absolutely required for another class to function. I would not be suprised if that is changed in an upcoming build, either in removing that component of BoSanc or by adding it to another class.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Andox » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:36 am

Splug wrote:On the topic of BoSanc returning rage/RP/mana on blocks: this is currently a unique raid buff, provided by only one class. That goes directly against Blizzard's push to diffuse raid utility such that no single spec is absolutely required for another class to function. I would not be suprised if that is changed in an upcoming build, either in removing that component of BoSanc or by adding it to another class.

-Splug

Isn´t it much like Windfury and Commanding Shout? Or can other classes give those aswell?
Andox

Postby Grothnir » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:38 am

If they remove it from BoSanct, they really need to give the blessing some other selling point, then. 3% DR is hot. Don't get me wrong. But it's SO narrow in function.
Grothnir

Postby Splug » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:39 am

Windfury is mirrored by improved icy talons (deathknight - frost tallent), and commanding shout is mirrored by blood pact (now a straight +max hp buff, instead of stamina). A link to the official list of which buffs/debuffs exist and how they stack is in a sticky on this forum.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:40 am

Battle rez and innervate are also unmatched, as well as Kings. I don't think it's a big deal if it's meant to be 1 rage instead of 10.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Andox » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:42 am

Grothnir wrote:If they remove it from BoSanct, they really need to give the blessing some other selling point, then. 3% DR is hot. Don't get me wrong. But it's SO narrow in function.

Well, they shouldn´t remove BoSanc I hope. They they deem it to be to OP, since only the protadin can give it, they SHOULD make it a selfbuff or embed it in imp. RF:
Andox

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:45 am

Don't resto druids already have +energy/rp/rage/mana proc on their heals in Wrath? So far they were the only ones too.
My head is kinda numbed from a good meal + a bad walk back to work, so I won't even try to conceive something that replaces BoSanct that isn't unique and at the same time isn't OP. I'd just make it a self buff or whatever random thing may come out of my head atm.

brb. feeling sick.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Andox » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:48 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Don't resto druids already have +energy/rp/rage/mana proc on their heals in Wrath? So far they were the only ones too.
My head is kinda numbed from a good meal + a bad walk back to work, so I won't even try to conceive something that replaces BoSanct that isn't unique and at the same time isn't OP. I'd just make it a self buff or whatever random thing may come out of my head atm.

brb. feeling sick.

Yes, I think it was Regrowth they had it on.
Andox

Postby Galoheart » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:01 am

Andox wrote:
Well, they shouldn´t remove BoSanc I hope. They they deem it to be to OP, since only the protadin can give it, they SHOULD make it a selfbuff or embed it in imp. RF:

I'm really in favor of this. Make it a "SELF BUFF"

I also don't think it completely fixes our mana problem either because JoW gives a pretty poor amount of mana also.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Splug » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:02 am

Hrm, I believe that is correct - though like the mana returns from multiple sources, it's going to be tricky to balance / prevent from stacking, lest it become a case of "all raids must have BoSanc for tanks, and all healers should be druids to feed the raid resource returns." Otherwise, resto druids will be the new destro lock.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:11 am

Andox wrote:Yes, I think it was Regrowth they had it on.

Hunting PArty used to be that way, but was changed to just Replenishment.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK