Blessing of Sanctuary

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ScribeShanky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 pm

:O

Whoa.
I just love it when a good keikaku comes together.
ScribeShanky

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:Modus....why do you hate your own class so much. You're constantly negative or looking for the proverbial "other shoe" to drop. Lighten up a bit man. ;)

It's a good buff, but I think it's taking it a step far to call it "alone, enough reason to bring a prot paladin to raid."

It is, unless you want to force a holy paladin to spec 21 protection and give up a (now very good) Beacon of Light.

3% additional damage reduction -is- a lot.

I'm more interested on what they'll do with Kings. Min-maxing raids will want both Kings and Sanctuary, but blizzard stated they are against class stacking.

I'd appreciate Kings being moved into one of the other trees honestly, either Retri where it belongs, or holy.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arjuna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:18 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Worldie wrote:The main thing i'm happy about, is that now sanctuary alone is enough reason to get a prot paladin in raid, unless you want a (gimp) disc priest. (For Grace which is anyway a proc skill).

That said, i'm expecting to see Kings baseline soon. The QQ from holys will be enough big.

Well, let's not get TOO excited. People had been arguing with me about what off-tree Holy Paladins would spec into for a while, saying that Kings will be something the Holy Paladins will pick up (an argument I didn't buy). Well, a Holy Paladin can sacrifice just a little more, and pick up Divine Guardian with Kings, Imp RF, and Sanctuary.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sxA0xrzhVuMxRxVGzhT0z

I was really hoping for something that is self-based and not castable on all tanks, too.

a holy pally like that but in tank gear would just be totally immortal when tanking 5 million mobs!!!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby earanduin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:18 pm

problem still stands though with OT'ing if you are not taking enough damage given that 0.5% mana pool/1sec = 2.5% mp5 --- or about 130mp5 in the current game.

spriests currently deliver 250-375 mp5 (1000-1500 dps spriest).
earanduin

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Yeah, the new Beacon of Light looks interesting. I guess we'll see.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Soltyr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Worldie wrote:You see it?

THE MANA ON BLOCK

I see dodge and parry as well... more love :D
Soltyr

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:21 pm

Now i'm wondering if going Prot or Retri when i finish to DL the patch.

Mmm guess retri still steamrolls mobs if i use JoW instead of JoL, holy is still slow.
Will probably give a try to prot if i find a party to tank for.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby earanduin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:23 pm

think of 3% dmg reduction in terms of effective health - at a baseline of 20k hp, you just shot up 600 health with that buff.

And what's better is that you can cast it on everyone.
earanduin

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Fizzgig wrote:Modus....why do you hate your own class so much. You're constantly negative or looking for the proverbial "other shoe" to drop. Lighten up a bit man. ;)

He's not hating on the skill, he's just saying it's not a reason to always have a prot pally in the raid. Between this being available to holy pallys and grace, he's correct.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Arjuna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:25 pm

I know it's good and all, but shouldn't it include "resist" aswell? ;)
Arjuna

Postby Selinaria » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm

This is a great change to the outcast Blessing. Overall it just shot up about a thousand times in usefullness.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Chevalier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Don't forget the mana/runic/rage regeneration...it's significant and it's something warrior tanks, druid tanks, and DK tanks will also love to have.
Also i'd say this blessing beats kings in all situations except for boss fights where you are not overgeared.
Last edited by Chevalier on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chevalier

Postby Fenris » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Oh well,we'll be the tanks battery now :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Arjuna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Chevalier wrote:Don't forget the mana/runic/rage regeneration...it's significant and it's something warrior tanks, druid tanks, and DK tanks will also love to have.
Also i'd say this blessing beats kings in all situations except for boss fights where you are not overgeared.

10% more stamina+str vs. 3% less damage taken and mana back
Arjuna

Postby Warcraft » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Overgearing DESTROYED!
Warcraft

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK