Remove Advertisements

Hit Rating Revisions

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rasmfrackn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:23 am

Crit is gaining a lot in usefulness, though, right? At least compared to what it is now. If consecrate is too expensive for regular rotations, then the only piece of threat that can't crit is SoV ticks. Well, aside from holy shield... I'm not sure how to judge the contribution of holy shield going forward relative to hammer/slam/judge/(white dmg). My guess would be ~70% of our threat will be able to crit.

-- And 70% seems pretty decent compared to the current rough estimates that hit rating and spell hit rating each apply to what, 20%? And expertise applies to 40%? I guess hit and expertise are going to apply to 100% if you relate SoV to melee hits? I hadn't heard that SotR couldn't be dodged/parried...
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby roosevelt » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Crit will indeed be more valuable than it currently is, which isn't saying much. I don't think we will find crit rating on any tanking plate however.

What this does mean is that agility will be better, adding crit as well as dodge and a tiny bit of armor. We will likely see a lot more agility on tanking items, at the very least it will be on cloaks, rings and necks for feral druids.
roosevelt

Previous

Return to WotLK