Blessing of Sanctuary as % Damage Reduction....

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:43 am

Holy with NO Ret Paladin in the Raid is nice with 23 in Ret Tree or even 28 for JotW.

With a Ret Paladin? Come one, that would be a awful spec. You lose a LOT in Holy Tree and gain very little.

--------------

Anyhow 3 Paladins, 1 Holy, 1 Proc, 1 Ret seems to be the most powerful version.

Ret: Kings of course with +3% AP Glyphe
Holy: Wisdom (improved), can go 15 Ret for 5% Crit and get Might improved + glyphed

Prot: Sanctuary or Widsom for those casters that wanted glyphed might and don't care about 10 MP/5 *g*

Done and works.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Soltyr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:54 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Holy with NO Ret Paladin in the Raid is nice with 23 in Ret Tree or even 28 for JotW.

With a Ret Paladin? Come one, that would be a awful spec. You lose a LOT in Holy Tree and gain very little.

What are you losing exactly with just 48 points in Holy?

4% haste from jud'ing, Beacon of Lightless and...?
Soltyr

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 am

In any case , 6% less damage on a blessing is something everyone will want , and I doubt people will be fine to lose that because the holy palas want a hot and 5% more crit , I for one find that thought retarded

And btw I dunno about you but I have rarely seen a raid without at least 2 holy palas :P
Io.Draco

Postby Origon » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:56 am

Io.Draco wrote:And btw I dunno about you but I have rarely seen a raid without at least 2 holy palas :P

10mans? not everything in wrath will be revolving around 25s :P
Origon

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:57 am

Origon wrote:
Io.Draco wrote:And btw I dunno about you but I have rarely seen a raid without at least 2 holy palas :P

10mans? not everything in wrath will be revolving around 25s :P

and 10 mans mean the pinacle of raiding :roll:
Io.Draco

Postby Origon » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:59 am

Never said it was, simply pointing that blizzard will not balance around 25s alone especially after adding 10s to every raid to encourage more casuals to play
Origon

Postby Mithos » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:59 am

I thought Beacon of Light was supposed to be really good? If I were holy I would take the new heal with a smile and not "oh lets spec deep into ret so I can keep spamming the same spells as I do atm! awsum!". This game is suppsoed to be fun, too.

And not just that but with retri double scaling and this being in a fairly accessible place for holy if they skip their 51 pointer, it WILL get changed/moved etc.
Mithos

Postby Xorlandu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:03 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Holy with NO Ret Paladin in the Raid is nice with 23 in Ret Tree or even 28 for JotW.

Problem is the end of the holy tree in it's current form doesn't give very much.

With the way the holy tree is now I would see myself going deep enough in ret for sheath+judgment of the wise, Not only would it give decent healing abilities like 5% more spell crit+a decent amount to +heals from sheath. In my healing gear on live right now with just BoM on I have 662 ap which in turn would give 198 spell damage for 3 talent points and that will only be higher in Wotlk.

Because I wont go into prot for kings I can get imp BoM and use that to heal in a 5 man because it would give a large+heal bonus from sheath and I would have replenishment from JotW if there isn't a spriest and that alone would more than make up for the mana/5 loss from not having blessing of wisdom. And really all I'm giving up is the haste on judgments and beacon from the holy tree which I can live with.
Last edited by Xorlandu on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xorlandu

Postby Bobness » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:03 am

Mithos wrote:I thought Beacon of Light was supposed to be really good? If I were holy I would take the new heal with a smile and not "oh lets spec deep into ret so I can keep spamming the same spells as I do atm! awsum!". This game is suppsoed to be fun, too.

And not just that but with retri double scaling and this being in a fairly accessible place for holy if they skip their 51 pointer, it WILL get changed/moved etc.

I'm sure that in the near future Beacon of Light will be improved, at present it really is lacklustre.
Bobness

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:06 am

Origon wrote:Never said it was, simply pointing that blizzard will not balance around 25s alone especially after adding 10s to every raid to encourage more casuals to play

What im saying is that group composition won't mattter shit in 10 mans , its in 25 mans that it will matter

In any case if retri can buff kings , im all for holy's geting sheat

But if you got no retri and you think prot should buff kings and not holys then your just wrong , indeed holys are doing more healing themselves , but they are nerfing the raid , a shitload , 6% less dmg is ALOT

As for me I don't care , I won't get kings cause some stupid holy's can't see past their ego in healing meters to think for the best of the raid , but hey thats just me
Io.Draco

Postby Vencedor » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:20 am

Can someone link where you saw this please?
Vencedor

Postby Mithos » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:22 am

Anyway who said BoSanc would be -3 or even 6% dmg, that they are grouped in the same buff group does not mean they have the same effect, it even said that in the post - the most powerful effect takes precendence.

-3% or 6% dmg would be nice, but we don't know what it will be yet (but most likely some % as its grouped with Grace)

Also ok, if Beacon is lackluster then it makes sense to get sheath. My prediction is just that when revision nr2 hits beta Beacon will be chanmged to be better and sheath of light will be altered or moved or something.
Mithos

Postby Bobness » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:25 am

@Ven

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=12839

It's pretty much been gleaned from there, it suggests Blessing of Sanctuary will be a % Damage reduction, so the initial conclusion is that we will likely see a change shortly
Bobness

Postby cougarr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:25 am

I am willing to bet that kings is going baseline.

1) We have seen a post that the devs are working to remove some of the bloat on the tankadin tree.

2) If you look how blizz expressed kings in their post, it is the only buff in its own category that is unique to a spec.

I realize this is a reach but it seems to fit both what is needed logically and what the small amount of insight we have from the devs.
cougarr

Postby Vencedor » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:34 am

Bobness wrote:@Ven

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=12839

It's pretty much been gleaned from there, it suggests Blessing of Sanctuary will be a % Damage reduction, so the initial conclusion is that we will likely see a change shortly

Sweet, got it. Thanks.
Vencedor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK