Remove Advertisements

Posts on the beta forums

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Posts on the beta forums

Postby lusisia » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:29 pm

I don't know if this is appropriate or not but can some of the maintankadin folks who are in beta try and do a little education? We have some people there who I swear have never tanked a day in their life making suggestions about Protection.

One guy is out there now trying to get Thunderjudge changed.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:57 pm

I am doing my best.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Re: Posts on the beta forums

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:58 pm

lusisia wrote:I don't know if this is appropriate or not but can some of the maintankadin folks who are in beta try and do a little education? We have some people there who I swear have never tanked a day in their life making suggestions about Protection.

One guy is out there now trying to get Thunderjudge changed.

Heck, if you've got the drive to point me to the threads, I'll tell the artards why they're wrong. I'm sure some of the other beta Tankadins would, as well.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Dorvan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Yeah, I just responded to "JotJ should be changed" guy. I'll try to be a little more active on the Beta boards, as I'll admit I haven't done much with Beta lately (that should change when my mage hits 70, he's 67 atm :P)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Responded as well I guess to that post.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9&sid=2000

I have to add that I think that Ghostcrawler and crew understand that some people are going to come up with retarded arguments to extend their own personal agenda which is this case seems to be increased "PvP" capabilities.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby lusisia » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Vanifae wrote:Responded as well I guess to that post.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9&sid=2000

I have to add that I think that Ghostcrawler and crew understand that some people are going to come up with retarded arguments to extend their own personal agenda which is this case seems to be increased "PvP" capabilities.

Van et. al., Thanks to all of you for getting into the fray. I'm not expecting miracles but I'm always leery of someone posting "suggestions" or "theorycrafting" who isn't somehow involved with maintankadin. Not that any of us are somehow super-elite uber paladins but this really IS the community for protection paladins.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:18 pm

That reminds me, I need to read Argentium's stuff. I've never heard of them, but at a *very* brief glance they seem to know what they're talking about (or at least how to make long, well worded posts ;) )

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:24 pm

I posted, but it looks like it's been mostly covered.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:15 pm

I post in a bunch of threads telling people how dumb they are! I r teh gud troll
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Levantine » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Oh my fucking god, they let people like that in Beta, and yet I don't have a key. :(
Levantine

Postby Proudfoot » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:42 am

While I don't agree with him that thunderjudge should be changed he does have somewhat of a point. Why shouldn't prot be useful in PVP, arenas specifically? I don't think prot should do high damage but if they had some way of making others do less damage or redirecting a lot of damage to themselves they could be very anoying to fight against. If you don't kill the Prot pally then you can't kill anyone else type thing. It's already like that in arena with healers... if you don't kill the healer or keep him locked down you can't kill the DPS.

Meh... anyways I'd only want PVP buffs IF it didn't mess with any of the PVE survivability stuff. Blizz has stated that they want prot specs to be more viable in other areas too.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Afraithe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:17 am

There are PVE specs and PVP specs, accept that.

Altho you might argue that prot could be good enough to "hover" around 1500 rating, in order to get anywhere, a proper PVP spec and PVP gear should (and is) needed.
Afraithe

Postby Levantine » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:45 am

Afraithe wrote:There are PVE specs and PVP specs, accept that.

Altho you might argue that prot could be good enough to "hover" around 1500 rating, in order to get anywhere, a proper PVP spec and PVP gear should (and is) needed.

(L)
Levantine

Postby Ubung » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:20 am

Anyone thought about the discussing the possibility of the idea brought up in that thread.

Potential awesomeness: Shield of Righteousness consumes all (maybe "up to 4" if this makes an issue with block going down) charges of holy shield for extra damage per charge.

I know it was replied too in the thread but I think this may have possibilites and is worth our consideration.

Holy Shield has an 8s cooldown, Shield of Righteousness has a 6s cooldown

The problem with Shield of Righteousness consuming remaining charges of Holy Shield is that you're left with one of two situations

1) You use both just as the cooldowns come up independently, you're then left with gaps of not having Holy Shield up

2) You wait to use Shield of Righteousness right before Holy Shield timer comes up, the gaps are much shorter, but you're lowering the rate of threat generated by Shield of Righteousness

In either case I don't really think it fixes anything, the amount of micromanaging #2 requires does not seem appealing at all, and with #1 you've just recreated the problem presented in the OP.

Overall im very happy with the changes made to prot and I think everything is a massive step forward for our tanking. However I think one skill we are missing that I think we should have is a spell interupt (hate having to LOS everything), maybe this could be incorporated into the above skill.

For example 2 charges of holy shield can be used to add a spell interupt to your avengers shield or maybe just a spell interupt as a new skill.

What do you think?
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby lusisia » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:46 am

Ubung wrote:Anyone thought about the discussing the possibility of the idea brought up in that thread.

Potential awesomeness: Shield of Righteousness consumes all (maybe "up to 4" if this makes an issue with block going down) charges of holy shield for extra damage per charge.

I know it was replied too in the thread but I think this may have possibilites and is worth our consideration.

Holy Shield has an 8s cooldown, Shield of Righteousness has a 6s cooldown

The problem with Shield of Righteousness consuming remaining charges of Holy Shield is that you're left with one of two situations

1) You use both just as the cooldowns come up independently, you're then left with gaps of not having Holy Shield up

2) You wait to use Shield of Righteousness right before Holy Shield timer comes up, the gaps are much shorter, but you're lowering the rate of threat generated by Shield of Righteousness

In either case I don't really think it fixes anything, the amount of micromanaging #2 requires does not seem appealing at all, and with #1 you've just recreated the problem presented in the OP.

Overall im very happy with the changes made to prot and I think everything is a massive step forward for our tanking. However I think one skill we are missing that I think we should have is a spell interupt (hate having to LOS everything), maybe this could be incorporated into the above skill.

For example 2 charges of holy shield can be used to add a spell interupt to your avengers shield or maybe just a spell interupt as a new skill.

What do you think?

I'm all for rolling functionality INTO existing talents if it "feels" right. Expending additional charges of HS to do something else has been a thought for a while.

The problem is that tying a spell interrupt or silencing ability into Holy Shield simply gimps the other two specs. Unlike most people I've come across on the beta forums, I'm not willing to gimp additional specs by giving something that should really be baseline to the class.

Every other class has some sort of snare or interrupt or silence available to them baseline. I think druids MIGHT be the exception here but they have cyclone which we all know is the most OP talent in the game.

One could argue that we have hammer but it honestly does not have the same impact. Ret gets Repentance as well but just like hammer, it has no impact on boss mobs.
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to WotLK