Remove Advertisements

Selinaria's Ret and Prot experiences thus far. *yay ony solo

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Selinaria's Ret and Prot experiences thus far. *yay ony solo

Postby Selinaria » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:40 pm

How does Ret do in Wrath at the moment?

It does just fine....... and is a lot of fun haha!

30 minutes and 29 seconds later, seal of wisdom and judgment of light the whole time, = happy fun times!

Now I don't really think this is anything too huge in and of itself but it puts things into perspective :wink:

Edited title to change intent of thread :wink:
Last edited by Selinaria on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Aalryn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:42 pm

You needed to seal wisdom? wasn't your judgement giving you back enough mana? mine usually gives me back between 3k and 6k

edit: i'm logging on now to give it a wack
Last edited by Aalryn on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Murbella » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Is that a solo onyxia achievement?
Murbella

Postby Selinaria » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Aalryn wrote:You needed to seal wisdom? wasn't your judgement giving you back enough mana? mine usually gives me back between 3k and 6k

I didn't need to seal wisdom but I just wanted to have a certain safety net for my mana pool besides JotW. When I started with Seal of Corruption, seemed like I was going low on mana a lot more so I switched.
Plus it was me being impatient and spamming moves vs. just waiting for the damage to roll in.

And yes Murbella, solo Onyxia.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Kelaan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:41 pm

2H? Sword and shield? Uncrushable? Please share the gear/strats you used. :D
Kelaan

Postby Chunes » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:42 pm

also, take a journey into MC, i'd like to see how the ret fairs in there too :)
Chunes

Postby Huon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Aalryn wrote:You needed to seal wisdom? wasn't your judgement giving you back enough mana? mine usually gives me back between 3k and 6k

wait.... 3k-6k mana back PER judgement of wisdom? aka per 10 seconds?

:shock:
Huon

Postby Chunes » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:57 pm

i swear, i wish bliz would just give the WWS guy a freakin beta key so he could develop a parser for the combat log now. it would help out w/ all the theory crafting greatly.

also, 3k mana back from judgements? no wai!
Chunes

Postby SmurfZG » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:04 pm

it's 60% of the judgements damage back in mana, so if you do 5k hits and 10k crits with 5 stack sov it'd be 3-6k mana. Not that hard to believe
SmurfZG

Postby Huon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:12 pm

its not hard to believe that its 60% of judgement damage blah blah

its hard to believe that I am gonna get near full mana back every 10 seconds... Why is everyone in the beta saying they still run oom?

or am I missing something?
Huon

Postby SmurfZG » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Maybe you missed that you'd only get that mana if you were retribution specced. Idk.
SmurfZG

Postby Selinaria » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:27 pm

Kelaan wrote:2H? Sword and shield? Uncrushable? Please share the gear/strats you used. :D

yea about that....

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZxZxfMxbcuAIoguVo

2 Hander, no worrying about uncrushable, heal as needed

I'd list the gear but it would be shameful to see so many greens =p Really only epic I kept was Jin'rokh.

When I leveled on beta I pretty much just said screw it to all my gear and replaced it regardless of it being an upgrade or not so I can be a little more authentic in my testing of difficulty and whatnot.

It's just the state of ret at the moment on beta, good dps and good heals at the same time and when Ony is hitting like a wet noodle at about 800 a hit and 3k on a flame breath, throwing on a heal now and then isn't a big issue with the regen from Judgements of the Wise.

Only sorta tricky part was P2, just kept Ony as my main target, and let consecrate do it's job, wasn't pretty but it worked. Bubble was saved for the initial surge of whelps as P2 started. P1 and P3 are just steady grinding down of her health while keeping your own above half or so.

Pretty simple really and it comes down to the fact that ret paladins cannot run outta mana at all at the moment on beta.

Not surprisingly Blizzard is well aware of the state of Ret paladins.

To quote Tom Chilton aka Kalgan: We are just now beginning on going through the heavy tuning phase, we really don't do that until the end of the beta generally, where we start going through all of the classes and finding the things that are way out of balance and there's no doubt right now that the ret paladins are doing a lot more damage than what we would expect.

Will this still be doable by a ret paladin given the current style, yes! Will it be as easy, possibly not.

Edit: and yes to go along with the above, purely for retribution paladins this is the case of endless mana, Blizzard by adding JotW to the ret tree basically succeeded in making ret pally mana more like a blue rage bar, always emptying and filling.
Selinaria

Postby Kelaan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:35 pm

Selinaria wrote:2 Hander, no worrying about uncrushable, heal as needed

*bonk* I know this intellectually, but still forget about it. :D Thanks for the reminder.

When I leveled on beta I pretty much just said screw it to all my gear and replaced it regardless of it being an upgrade or not so I can be a little more authentic in my testing of difficulty and whatnot.

:wub: :)
Can't wait to read more of your experiences, then.
Kelaan

Postby Galoheart » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:42 pm

Huon wrote:its not hard to believe that its 60% of judgement damage blah blah

its hard to believe that I am gonna get near full mana back every 10 seconds... Why is everyone in the beta saying they still run oom?

or am I missing something?

Because not all Paladins in Beta are Retribution. Some of us carry a shield and being a Protection Spec in Beta I sure don't get that kind of mana return with talent that Retribution gets.

I feel a nerf comming to Rets on that Mana Return.
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Huon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Thanks for the replies.

lol

To ret or not to ret.
Huon

Next

Return to WotLK