Remove Advertisements

Fix Sanctuary/Benediction! Compilation of Suggestions

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Fix Sanctuary/Benediction! Compilation of Suggestions

Postby Isabelli » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:30 am

Ok Hijacked the Thread to BENEDICTION!

Benediction is probably the worse scaling talent for Paladins of all specs. And has lost most of its kick with the changes to the Seal/Judge System. As for Sanctuary...its really just meh.

So I'd like to have this thread compile all your suggestions on subtle changes to these talents.

I'll start off (just examples put in your own ideas!):

Benediction:
Your Judgement spells have a chance to refresh your current seal at no cost.

Reason: Pretty much removes a GCD from our rotation and a hefty mana cost of re-Sealing.

Hand of Sanctuary(Rank 5)
6% Base Mana Cost--30 yd range
Instant cast
Places a Hand on the friendly target, increasing all beneficial effects on the target by 10%. In addition, when the target takes damage, the next source of damage is reduced by 5%. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time. Once protected, the target cannot be made affected by Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection, or Hand of Sanctuary again for 3 min.

Reason: Fits with the name, and is a unique buff. May have be tuned down a little (10% seems alot for me lol). Basically a super buffed up version of blessing of light/sanctuary. We can tie in the loss of the Block Damage into (Imp)Holy Shield.

Post your ideas and if you guys all agree on a single changes I'll post it here and hopefully a beta tester can bring this into attention!
Last edited by Isabelli on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
Isabelli

Re: Fix Redoubt/Sanctuary! Compilation of Suggestions

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:32 am

Isabelli wrote:Reason: Keeps it viable for AoE tanking,

no it doesn't.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Re: Fix Redoubt/Sanctuary! Compilation of Suggestions

Postby Isabelli » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:36 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Isabelli wrote:Reason: Keeps it viable for AoE tanking,

no it doesn't.

Well true, you wont get more blocks, but your blocks block more (wow alot blocks lol). So the effect kinda stays the same (probably worse). But I completely understand what your saying! Toss in your suggestion, mine were just things I thought up in 2 mins to start it off.
Isabelli

Postby Kilthanas » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:39 am

We need people to suggest they fix benediction. As of right now it looks pretty useless for both prot and ret. They need to fiddle somehow with the bottom of the ret tree there.
Kilthanas

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:41 am

I think I must be the only one who likes Redoubt the way it is. Benediction is what bothers me.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:46 am

PsiVen wrote:I think I must be the only one who likes Redoubt the way it is. Benediction is what bothers me.

Nah there are others. When I look at the math and results from it, I can't justify the talent points going there in TBC. However, given that it is either that or Imp Devo, and I need it for Shield Spec, I have the talent.

Benediction is no longer relevant, and should be modified or removed.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby kurros » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 am

I hate redoubt. A talent should not become useless because of improved gear. AoE tanking is situational, situational talents should be optional, but redoubt being a prerequisite for shield specialization makes it almost required.

Suggested change: leave it be, but unlink it from shield specialization.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby lusisia » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:48 am

PsiVen wrote:I think I must be the only one who likes Redoubt the way it is. Benediction is what bothers me.

I like redoubt just fine but I don't consider a random proc to be worth the loss of something else. Especially since I don't consider SS worth it now (unless it's determined the STR->BV issue ISN'T a bug)

My preference would be to swap SS and Redoubt (don't even need to unlink them) and make redoubt a 3 pointer. That's the only way it would currently hold any value for me.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:51 am

Damnit! You can't just go changing the ENTIRE thread like that.

Am I the only one thinks benediction is fine? It's mana reduction. I'll take it. If you really don't see the need for it, take ImpBoM to get to deflection. Use it in 5-mans and farm content and kings everwhere else.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 am

Fridmarr wrote:

Nah there are others. When I look at the math and results from it, I can't justify the talent points going there in TBC. However, given that it is either that or Imp Devo, and I need it for Shield Spec, I have the talent.

Benediction is no longer relevant, and should be modified or removed.

Imp Devo is amazing in Wrath O_o +3% healing on the entire raid? Yesplz.

Redoubt is a great talent, there's just far too many greater ones to sink 5 points into it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Isabelli » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:53 am

i changed it cause even though i dont like redoubt linked to SS, its an ok talent(though it sucks that its such a talent drainer). i have to agree that benediction sucks donkey balls. over a course of a long fight, it does nothing for ret/holy, and little for prot.

PS my suggestions SUCK, WTB yours to see if we can think of something cool.
Last edited by Isabelli on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Isabelli

Re: Fix Sanctuary/Benediction! Compilation of Suggestions

Postby Kayoto » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:54 am

Isabelli wrote:Benediction:

Reason: Pretty much removes a GCD from our rotation and a hefty mana cost of re-Sealing.

Seal duration is 2 minutes in WotLK, so you'd be removing 1 GCD (and saving 500ish mana) per 120 seconds from our rotation.. not all that great.

@Lusisia:

Yes, you're the only person who thinks a 5 talent point investment to barely reduce mana costs at all is worth it. :P
Kayoto

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:58 am

We reseal about every 10 seconds on Live and every 120 seconds in LK. If judgement mana costs were half before, the talent is like six times worse now. I take Imp Might in my current tanking build, which is great... for leveling 5-mans...
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Aerien » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 am

Ya refreshin seals every time you Judge is just as bad as Benediction is now.

Probably more like: Critical Judgements reduces the mana cost of all spells by 25% for 4 sec.

Kinda still be more tailored to Ret since our stuff doesn't crit much. But it might be better than it is now.
Aerien

Re: Fix Sanctuary/Benediction! Compilation of Suggestions

Postby lusisia » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 am

Kayoto wrote:
Isabelli wrote:Benediction:

Seal duration is 2 minutes in WotLK, so you'd be removing 1 GCD (and saving 500ish mana) per 120 seconds from our rotation.. not all that great.

@Lusisia:

Yes, you're the only person who thinks a 5 talent point investment to barely reduce mana costs at all is worth it. :P

How so? I see that I save 15% mana on my Judgements. Something I'll be doing every 20 seconds anyway. Unless Judgements have no cost now (which I may have totally missed (daddy brain ftl).
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to WotLK