Fix Sanctuary/Benediction! Compilation of Suggestions

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arcand » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:41 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Stick Benediction to a broader mana decrease

Priests and shamans both have a Mental Agility talent that cuts the mana cost of their instant casts; that could be pretty nice for Prot and Ret.

The bad news is that, IIRC, both classes pay five talent points for a 10% reduction. But I'd still be chuffed to see that in place of Benediction.
Arcand

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:47 am

Somehow, I have yet to find an idea for sanctuary that is conceptually better than the one I've posted here a couple times: a short cooldown in which for every block you do, you block a little more, up to a certain limit.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby agamemnoch » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 am

PsiVen wrote:Ehh, that sounds like an annoying mechanic that would just mess up rotations and make ret even more OP.

How often will a retadin dodge/parry? Not that much, but it will totally work with the talent that gives 5% parry below it.
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:30 am

I'd much rather it make instances we're overgeared for fun. One thing I'd not like for it to be is something that is actually helpful and can be cast on warriors.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Nalyn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:35 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Stick Benediction to a broader mana decrease

^^ This.

The extention I see to this spell would be to also have it reduce all blessings and hand spells by the same amount, comes in at least semi useful to all paladin specs. Maybe have it reduce the cooldowns of our hand spells by 15% too? that maybe a bit much for a T1 talent though.

Or possibly shift the tree around some, moving benediction up, and deflection down, maybe even move benediction up 2 or 3 talent tier levels and make it simply a flat 10% mana reduction on all instant cast spells and abilities.
Nalyn

Postby Arcand » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:52 am

Nalyn wrote:The extention I see to this spell would be to also have it reduce all blessings and hand spells by the same amount, comes in at least semi useful to all paladin specs. Maybe have it reduce the cooldowns of our hand spells by 15% too? that maybe a bit much for a T1 talent though.

You make a good point; I don't think we have any talents which enhance the new Hand line of abilities. (And this is the first suggestion I've seen about them, which suggests to me that the community isn't super-stoked about them.)

Edit: Wrong, wrong, wrong; there are two. Sorry. Ignore this post.
Last edited by Arcand on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcand

Postby kurros » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:26 pm

Lonso wrote:You have to count the spell power from stam as part of kings dps buff as well.

Also, slight increase to melee crit due to agi, slight increase to spell crit due to int. Some increase to spell damage due to spirit if you are grouped with a disc priest, etc. Kings really is nice.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby PsiVen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Well I'll put it this way, in my current tanking gear I gain <1% crit, 40 AP and 45 SP (~= 70 AP) from kings vs. 330 AP from talented Might. At 80 we'll need the HP from Kings first anyway.

Guardian's Favor and Blessed Hands (holy) are both talents that buff our Hand spells, and they're rather good too. Not sure what else we could do with it, reducing Sac's cooldown somewhere in deep Prot perhaps?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Benediction Change

Postby mandm413 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Just switch benediction and parry with each other. Isn't the warriors parry talent 1st tier?

Anyway, it leaves the talent for those who might like/want to take it and puts parry up where we can get it without wasting talent points.

I think a lot of prot pallies are going to be putting points in the holy tree, as it has talents to increase the judments, gain strength and if you are mostly tanking but need to off heal, the 70% to not be interrupted in the first tier of holy is just delicious.

With crushing blows off the table for raids that 5% to parry is nice but may not be worth it in the expansion when other possibilities might be better.
mandm413

Postby Lother » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Just make it reduce the mana cost of all spells. Tada, fixed
Lother

Previous

Return to WotLK