I want old-style million button, no cycle tankadin TPS
13%
Cake
19%
Pie
25%

Total votes : 83

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:44 am

Cycles are important. Auto-Playing is/is not. Depends.

But just check cycle 1 and 2. NO Uptime 100% of everything. I'm playing around myself. Just to strange to not see a 100% Uptime. But nice to see every GCD used. Awsome.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby enbee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:41 am

Ahvienda wrote:
solina wrote:
Karock wrote:
solina wrote:If I find any 1-button spammers in my raid, regardless of class.. they're not welcome in my raid anymore.

So basically you tell your BM hunters "DO LESS DPS PLZ KTHX"?

Equitas wrote:warlocks?

2-2-2-2-2-6-2-2-2-2-2-6-2-2-2-2-6-2-2-2-6-2-2-2-2-2-6 ?

There's nothing that can be achieved in a 1-button castseqence macro that can't be achieved by, oh, I don't know, actually pushing the buttons to activate each ability. This also encourages attentiveness and gives some opportunity to react to changes in the situation, rather than using the "drinking bird" to play for you while you watch TV / play with your DS / play with your iPhone / etc.

Pretty sure this is not true for BM hunters.

And you just raid without mages and locks?

It is true for BM hunters, the one in my guild does 2k+ dps with ease spamming a steadyshot macro with kill command in it..
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Levantine » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:46 am

enbee wrote:
Ahvienda wrote:
solina wrote:
Karock wrote:
solina wrote:If I find any 1-button spammers in my raid, regardless of class.. they're not welcome in my raid anymore.

There's nothing that can be achieved in a 1-button castseqence macro that can't be achieved by, oh, I don't know, actually pushing the buttons to activate each ability. This also encourages attentiveness and gives some opportunity to react to changes in the situation, rather than using the "drinking bird" to play for you while you watch TV / play with your DS / play with your iPhone / etc.

It is true for BM hunters, the one in my guild does 2k+ dps with ease spamming a steadyshot macro with kill command in it..

You're getting confused. Ahv was saying it's not possible for a BM hunter to perform that well WITHOUT the macro. Their rotations are too fast to do by hand if you have any latency at all.
Levantine

Postby sapientialb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:23 am

Melathys wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:
If you don't like how this is designed, you're not alone, but it's not the hunter or warlock's fault, it's Blizzard's. They designed the game to be that way, so talk to them about it.

What I wouldn't give for a game like wow with the combat system from FFXI.

My recollection (but its been a few years and maybe they changed the UI since) was that you had to macro everything because otherwise you had to clicky-clicky-cliky into a horrible menu to cast spells/perform skills because there was no hot bar. The macro system was pretty kewl tho, you could actually put /wait commands in and change gear in combat. Which was pretty amazing especially if you were an RDM and depending on what spell you were casting wanted in different gear.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:45 am

What we really need is this:

Level 80 Items so we know:

Sta
Int
Str
Spellpower

Encounters:

Damage incoming

Then:

If we can not have a uptime of 100%

TPS @ Leve 80 Equip
Threat per Mana @ Level 80 Ranks

going to be difficult and that will be fun.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby solina » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:50 am

ydraw wrote:
So you would have your warlocks lower their DPS by casting spells other than shadow bolt, just to satisfy your OCD rules? Glad I'm not in your raids.

If they have an opportunity to cast a spell other than shadowbolt (like, I dunno, a utility curse that might help the rest of the raid but not help them win the DPS meter), I would expect them to do so. And without it being step 8 in a /castsequence macro.

I run an afflic warlock, personally. Shadowbolt is a rarity. Warlock that usually comes with us is an immolate/incinerate/conflagger.

You don't need to faceroll shadowbolt to be an effective warlock.

I do understand the point on BM hunters.. but I've never run with one, so it never comes up.
solina

Postby Melathys » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:03 am

sapientialb wrote:
Melathys wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:
If you don't like how this is designed, you're not alone, but it's not the hunter or warlock's fault, it's Blizzard's. They designed the game to be that way, so talk to them about it.

What I wouldn't give for a game like wow with the combat system from FFXI.

My recollection (but its been a few years and maybe they changed the UI since) was that you had to macro everything because otherwise you had to clicky-clicky-cliky into a horrible menu to cast spells/perform skills because there was no hot bar. The macro system was pretty kewl tho, you could actually put /wait commands in and change gear in combat. Which was pretty amazing especially if you were an RDM and depending on what spell you were casting wanted in different gear.

well, yea, you had to make a macro for pretty much everything, but macros didn't require a degree in computer programming either.

But that's not what I was talking about the combat system itself. Every aspect of the game was exciting, especially the dps, unlike wow, where dps can put you to sleep. Doing multiphase skillchains with magic bursts. One of my friends had the relic dagger. One of our favorite things to do was for the blue mage to do a Distortion self skill chain, then I'd follow with Evisceration for Darkness, and my friend would follow with Mercy Stroke for a double dmg Darkness....then our red mage healer would follow with a magic burst. (we generally had ninjas or thieves tanking, so rdm healed just fine, lol)

Basically, I was saying that with FFXI combat system you can't really do something like one button castsequence macros. There's too much interaction with other dps to do even more dmg via skillchains.
Melathys

Postby Constantine » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:34 am

I voted for Cake... What's with all this macro/threat cycle talk? :P
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
Constantine

Postby ydraw » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:15 am

If they have an opportunity to cast a spell other than shadowbolt (like, I dunno, a utility curse that might help the rest of the raid but not help them win the DPS meter), I would expect them to do so. And without it being step 8 in a /castsequence macro.

Utility curses last 5 minutes. You cast it once at the start of the fight, and then you spam shadowbolt for the rest of the fight.

I run an afflic warlock, personally. Shadowbolt is a rarity. Warlock that usually comes with us is an immolate/incinerate/conflagger.

That warlock is bad. There is no good destro rotation that involves conflag. Fire destro spams immolate and incinerate only. And even then, it is inferior to Shadowbolt spam because there is no Fire equivalent to improved shadow bolt.

You don't need to faceroll shadowbolt to be an effective warlock.

Actually, if you want to maximise DPS, you do.

I do understand the point on BM hunters.. but I've never run with one, so it never comes up.

You've never run with a single BM hunter in your entire raiding career? What exactly do you raid?

TBH, if you have no idea about raiding - and by this post im gonna go out on a limb and say you don't - you really shouldn't be telling other people in your "raids" how to play.
ydraw

Postby honorshammer » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 am

I think it's going to take a bit of getting used to. Paladins have never been as GCD constained as we will be in Wrath.
honorshammer

Postby Ahvienda » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 am

Levantine wrote:
enbee wrote:
Ahvienda wrote:
solina wrote:
Karock wrote:

You're getting confused. Ahv was saying it's not possible for a BM hunter to perform that well WITHOUT the macro. Their rotations are too fast to do by hand if you have any latency at all.

Correct.
Ahvienda

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:30 am

Ahvienda wrote:
Levantine wrote:
enbee wrote:
Ahvienda wrote:
solina wrote:
Karock wrote:

Correct.

Massive quote box.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Arcand » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:50 am

Honorshammer wrote:I think it's going to take a bit of getting used to. Paladins have never been as GCD constained as we will be in Wrath.

Knowing what the f- we're doing will matter more than it ever has before? :)
Arcand

Postby Blutreich » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:06 pm

we are tankadins, we did not chose this path cause it was the easiest, we did not chose this path cause it was popular, we did not chose this path so we could play afk.

Ulushnar wrote:
I'm going to offer some advice paraphrased from Dr Percival Cox:

By you reaching the level of main tank, you have somehow managed to become a member of a club that I belong to...

...That being said, it's my obligation to let you in on the organization's one and only bylaw: We're men.
The women are men. The children are men. The men -- of course -- men!

we chose this path cause we are men!

now don't get me wrong i live by macros
i have one for taunt
i have one for judging, resealing and marking all at once
i have one for BoP
i have one for making me feel warm and fuzzy inside

I do not have one to play the game for me unless I'm tanking on my druid and then I'm probably off microwaving burritos or cycling laundry.
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Question, how much GCD does +13% Haste (Wrath of Air + Improved Ret Aura) give?

Please build a working rotation with this numer :wink:
Sarkan-ZdC

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK