Judgement system confusing the *** out of me.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Locklear » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:24 am

The three new Judgement spells do base judgement damage (modified by AP and SP), plus a damage modifier depending on the active seal. An active seal is required to cast any of the judgments. A debuff is placed on the mob depending on which Judgement is cast.

Casting any judgement with Seal of Light, Seal of Wisdom, or Seal of Justice will apply the debuff associated with the Judgement spell and do base Judgement damage.

Judging Seal of Righteousness will apply the associated debuff + Base Judgement Damage with a 20% multiplier.

Judging Seal of Vengeance will apply the associated debuff + Base Judgement Damage with a 10% multiplier per stack of Holy Vengeance.

Judging Seal of Command will apply the associated debuff + Base Judgement Damage + 30% weapon damage (60% if target is stunned).

Judging Seal of Blood will apply the associated debuff + Base Judgement Damage + 45% weapon damage.
Locklear

Postby sherck » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:34 am

Question concerning the damage "multipliers" concerning how much damage the new Judgements will cause.

Anyone know what the "multipliers" are based off of in terms of AP or SP?

Is the bonus damage for Righteousness based off of Spell Power so it will be the damage seal of choice for Holy Pally?

Is the bonus damage for Vengence based off of AP for the Ret and Prot goodness?

Are both Command and Blood are based soley off of the weapon's damage un-modified by AP?

Let me know. I assume as a Holy Paladin that I will continue to use Righteousness as my "damage" seal
sherck

Postby Constantine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:38 am

Locklear wrote:Judging Seal of Righteousness will apply the associated debuff + Base Judgement Damage with a 20% multiplier.

Judging Seal of Vengeance will apply the associated debuff + Base Judgement Damage with a 10% multiplier per stack of Holy Vengeance.

Judging Seal of Command will apply the associated debuff + Base Judgement Damage + 30% weapon damage (60% if target is stunned).

Judging Seal of Blood will apply the associated debuff + Base Judgement Damage + 45% weapon damage.

This is where it gets confusing to me... SoR, SoV, SoC, SoB don't actually apply a debuff for judging them, correct? They apply the debuff of the judgement you use while they are active. (And in the case of SoCor/SoV the associated debuff 'on hit,' because you do not judge them)

:?: :?:
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
Constantine

Postby Questioner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:41 am

No Seal applies a debuff in WotLK. (Oh...SoV does, but thats different...)

It doesnt matter whether you have SoL or SoR sealed. If you use the spell judgement of wisdom it will apply the JoW debuff.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Locklear » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:45 am

sherck wrote:Question concerning the damage "multipliers" concerning how much damage the new Judgements will cause.

Anyone know what the "multipliers" are based off of in terms of AP or SP?

Is the bonus damage for Righteousness based off of Spell Power so it will be the damage seal of choice for Holy Pally?

Is the bonus damage for Vengence based off of AP for the Ret and Prot goodness?

Are both Command and Blood are based soley off of the weapon's damage un-modified by AP?

Let me know. I assume as a Holy Paladin that I will continue to use Righteousness as my "damage" seal

The multipliers don't scale with AP/SP, the base Judgment Damage does.

The judgement damage multiplier is applied on top of that.
Locklear

Postby solina » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:08 am

Would it be fair to think of the Seals as akin to Shaman Rockbiter/Flametounge/etc?
solina

Postby sherck » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:16 am

solina wrote:Would it be fair to think of the Seals as akin to Shaman Rockbiter/Flametounge/etc?

We have a winner !!!

That is a great way to think about it. Seals are effects that we apply to our weapon swings.

Judgements are now independent with the exception of that:
A) You have to have a seal up to Judge
B) The amount of damage inflicted by the Judgement COULD be modified by what type of Seal you have up.

Good way to think about it.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Tev » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:34 am

Worldie wrote:
Tev wrote:I understand that all for the most part, but there is 1 thing I keep hearing 2 sides to.

Situation;

You cast (and have up) Seal of Light

You cast Judgment of Wisdom

Which debuff is applied, Judgment of Light, of Judgment of Wisdom?

Many people have said that with Seal of Light, you will always judge Judgment of Light, meaning that Seals of Light/Wisdom Override the Judgment you use, is this true or another falsehood?

That's incorrect.

The seal you have active has no influence on the judgement debuff you use. The judgement debuff is related only to the judgement skill you use.

Thanks for clearing that up, people who were stating the opposite need a slap on their internets.
Tev

Postby Constantine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:56 am

Tev wrote:Thanks for clearing that up, people who were stating the opposite need a slap on their internets.

Sorry for adding to the confusion instead of clearing it up... I have slapped myself in the internets and corrected my post.
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
Constantine

Previous

Return to WotLK