Remove Advertisements

BoSanctuary - is it time to RIP??

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:09 am

What will be the usual spec for Heal? 56/0/15 or 48/0/23. What kind of buffs? Improved BoWisdom Improved BoMight. So they buff that.

What is the spec for Ret? 0/5/66 or 0/11/60. With the AoWar nerf they can easy skill 0/11/60 in Raids. So they buff SdKings.

So, 2 Paladins down, leaves the Prot. We can SdK or we can SdSanc. But Sanc right now is way to weak. So they need to improve it or change it.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Pious » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:14 am

Yep, I'm looking for some kind of on-demand ability that would increase block value or reduce damage/increase armour.

If that would make it a protection-only 'hand' spell, so be it.

I did rather like BoSanc when tanking 5-man instances when I had enough health anyway, but in most situations I'd rather have BoK or BoW (and in WotLK, BoM).
Pious

Postby Yadard » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:29 am

There are still lots of changes to come in Beta I don't doubt, and that's not to mention the bugfixes (Thunderjudge and Bubblewall don't seem to be working at all right now).

I'd say we are between three and six months from release here (level cap is currently lv77 I believe) so there's every chance that there are changes to BoSanc coming.

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard

Postby Zumor » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:14 am

4 months at max, blizzard said this year is WotLK out
Zumor

Postby Karock » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:16 am

They said they would "like" to have it out this year.
Karock

Postby honorshammer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:29 am

Karock wrote:They said they would "like" to have it out this year.

It's coming out this year and I'll tell you why: a press release from Vivendi, which is the company that owns Blizzard.

The statement was explaining to investors why Vivendi's made less money in the first quarter (first 3 months of the year) of 2008 than it did in the first quarter of 2007. Basically it says that in first part of 2007 was higher than it normally would have been because of the release of The Burning Crusade. It goes on to say that the 2nd Expansion (Wrath) is scheduled to release the 2nd half of 2008 which could mean anywhere from June 1st to December 31st.

If you've never worked in a publicly traded company, I don't know if you can appreciate how important these press releases are. Every quarter (that is every 3 months), a publicly traded company must report on how it's doing. The major news item it reports is how much money it made or lost, and compares that to the same time frame last year.

The big investment firms then decide if the company should get a "buy", "sell" or "hold" recommendation, and they start either buying, selling or holding stock in that company accordingly. If many people are buying your stock, your stock price goes up. If many people start selling your stock, you stock price goes down. Vivendi's Board of Directors (the big bosses) are paid handsomely (millllllllllions of dollars), and they are paid to do one thing - increase the stock price for their stockholders.

It was very important for Vivendi to explain just why it made almost 25% less money in the first 3 months of 2008 than it did in the first 3 months of 2007. That kind of decline in revenue could indicate a company is weakening causing investment firms to put a "sell" recommendation on it.

Having worked for public companies in the past, I think it will be VERY difficult for Blizzard to hold off a release of Wrath of the Lich King, regardless of what state it may be in. Executives in publicly traded companies can be very short sited, especially around the time the reports must go out. There are often big big bonuses at the end of the year for the Executives based on how much the stock price has increased.

If Vivendi's Board of Director's orders Blizzard CEO to release Wrath, Blizzard has no choice but to release it, EVEN if they know it's unstable/buggy/unbalanced/not ready.

The good new for WoW players is that Blizzard is ahead of schedule. I was part of the Friends and Family Alpha for the Burning Crusade. I would have been in the Beta as well, but my friend who worked at Blizzard was terminated.

We started the Friend and Family Alpha for Burning Crusade around the June/July time frame. At the time, Blizzard was planning a November launch, which as you might know, got pushed back to January. Blizzard is about 6 to 8 weeks ahead of where they were with Burning Crusade. If we extrapolate that out, it puts Wrath with an expected completion date of September. It will likely get moved back and end up dropping sometime between mid November and mid December.
honorshammer

Postby Digren » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:17 am

There has to be something to cast on the people who don't need salvation. :lol:

Seriously, that's what it's used for. I can clear the salvation off the warrior and paladin tanks with a 10 minute sanct, and it mostly doesn't matter if it runs out during a long fight.

As the defining group buff for protection spec (with Kings too common among other specs to count), I agree it could use - something.

What about "Blessing of Sanctuary increases the damage absorbed by your shield by 10%, and increases your block rating by 40"? Then eliminate the shield spec talent and we'd solve the bloated tree and sanctuary problems at the same time.
Digren

Postby Lemondish » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 am

Digren wrote:There has to be something to cast on the people who don't need salvation. :lol:

Seriously, that's what it's used for. I can clear the salvation off the warrior and paladin tanks with a 10 minute sanct, and it mostly doesn't matter if it runs out during a long fight.

As the defining group buff for protection spec (with Kings too common among other specs to count), I agree it could use - something.

What about "Blessing of Sanctuary increases the damage absorbed by your shield by 10%, and increases your block rating by 40"? Then eliminate the shield spec talent and we'd solve the bloated tree and sanctuary problems at the same time.

I actually kind of like that. Furthermore, since Shield Spec currently does not scale with the BV from Strength, have this NEW talent scale it instead. Though increasing block rating isn't really the way to go, because 40 block rating at 30 (when you can get the talent) is a lot more than 40 block rating at 80. A strict percent cost would be nice, allowing a fixed increase in avoidance while also providing a scaling mitigation increase.
Lemondish

Postby Constantine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:05 am

If were speculating, I would like to see:

Punch in the Face... of the Righteous

9% base mana.
30 second cooldown.

Interrupts target spell casting, preventing them from casting any spells from that school for 5 seconds. Does not work against enemies that have no face.

:D

edited to sound more paladin-y
Last edited by Constantine on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
Constantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:21 am

radioactivejack wrote:If were speculating, I would like to see:

Punch in the Face

9% base mana.
30 second cooldown.

Interrupts target spell casting, preventing them from casting any spells from that school for 5 seconds. Does not work against enemies that have no face.

You know one of the most popular monsters in Arthas' quest through Northrend was the "Faceless One", right?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Constantine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:26 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
radioactivejack wrote:If were speculating, I would like to see:

Punch in the Face... of the Righteous

9% base mana.
30 second cooldown.

You know one of the most popular monsters in Arthas' quest through Northrend was the "Faceless One", right?

I did NOT know that... guess it wouldn't work on him.
No armory link necessary. I am so awesome that if you clicked my armory link, your computer would explode.
Or perhaps whatever the opposite of that statement would be.
Constantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:55 am

there were actually a few hundred
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Heironeous » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:07 am

Still need a spell-stop. That or an intercept.

If you want a stop you'll need to base-line something in that slot. Since we dont get Shield of the Righteous till 75 we can expect them to give a buff to a skill you might not get for 30-40 levels. It means moving the tree around like crazy. Let's just remove sanc, make it the Shield of the Righteous skill, give it the spell stop, call it at a day.

Or, if we want, move in a new spell.

Virtuous Rush
Blah blah mana
30 second CD/5-20 Yard range

Drawns on the power of the light to boost speed, rushing to the target. Causes high threat.

Sanc is nice for AOE tanking only. Which is something that Blizz crams down our throat. Yes we're good at it, but they somehow believe we need to over-compensate. With Ferals now getting a skill to null the need for defense I'd like to see something that'd prevent a fear effect.

As stands I catch all sorts of hell from my guild cause "Paladins just tank trash" and every other pally tank they ever had just goes with the flow. I just wanna point and laugh at warriors for a while. So... maybe we should not remove crushings from the game, ey? Let the warriors get a taste of trash-regulation for a while.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Digren » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 pm

Lemondish wrote:
Digren wrote:What about "Blessing of Sanctuary increases the damage absorbed by your shield by 10%, and increases your block rating by 40"? Then eliminate the shield spec talent and we'd solve the bloated tree and sanctuary problems at the same time.

I actually kind of like that. Furthermore, since Shield Spec currently does not scale with the BV from Strength, have this NEW talent scale it instead. Though increasing block rating isn't really the way to go, because 40 block rating at 30 (when you can get the talent) is a lot more than 40 block rating at 80. A strict percent cost would be nice, allowing a fixed increase in avoidance while also providing a scaling mitigation increase.

Let me update my proposal as follows:
Blessing of Sanctuary increases the damage absorbed when you block by 10%, and increases your block rating by 10/20/40/80. The block rating change is per rank of the blessing. It would still be a 1-point talent.

That scales a better. I feel it's important to include a block rating component to this block blessing. It helps to counter the loss of block rating on all of our gear due to the need to share said gear with death knights.

Furthermore, as a talent-bought blessing instead of direct talents, I think Blizzard would continue to implement it as a 1-point talent. Were this bought as direct talents, it would cost 8 talent points (i.e. redoubt + shield spec). As a blessing, we have to decide between this and kings, making it worth less. Being able to apply it to warrior tanks is a small added bonus.
Last edited by Digren on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digren

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Digren wrote:
Lemondish wrote:
Digren wrote:What about "Blessing of Sanctuary increases the damage absorbed by your shield by 10%, and increases your block rating by 40"? Then eliminate the shield spec talent and we'd solve the bloated tree and sanctuary problems at the same time.

Let me update my proposal as follows:
Blessing of Sanctuary increases the damage absorbed when you block by 10%, and increases your block rating by 1 per character level.

That scales a little better, leaving some bumps along the way as the block rating to block conversion is not linear like this. However, I feel it's important to include a block rating component to this block blessing. It helps to counter the loss of block rating on all of our gear due to the need to share said gear with death knights.

Furthermore, as a talent-bought blessing instead of direct talents, I think Blizzard would continue to implement it as a 1-point talent. Were this bought as direct talents, it would cost 8 talent points (i.e. redoubt + shield spec). As a blessing, we have to decide between this and kings, making it worth less. Being able to apply it to warrior tanks is a small added bonus.

You do realize that there are multiple ranks to blessing of sanctuary right? I mean, there's no need for fancy conversion and larger than life tooltips. You could make it a hand (instead of a blessing) that lasts for a minute or something.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK