Remove Advertisements

Spell Warding + Imp. RF

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Spell Warding + Imp. RF

Postby Griffonheart » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:57 pm

With the extra aggro made baseline, Imp. RF suddenly lost a lot of its appeal. I am wondering if they should put Imp. RF at higher tier and MERGE Imp. RF and Spell Warding into one talent? The mitigation granted by Spell Warding has already been as one of the 'lesser' talent but if you merge it with Imp. RF and have 3 pt instead of 2, pit would be much more appealing, not to mention cutting down the pts in our fat Prot tree.

Perhaps someone from Beta can post this on the official forum?
True Voyage is Return

Griffonheart

Postby Dawnseeker » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:18 pm

The damage mitigation on imp-RF is still very appealing, 6% may sound small, but when you're talking about raid bosses, 6% can mean the healers' mana lasts that much longer, and you take that much less spike damage.
Every little helps...but yeah, spell warding's a bit crap, let the DKs worry about magic mitigation.
Telleryn, Vokh, Elderhorn, Mirinas, Thanaryn, Amitheya, Emareyn, Zenbaja, Mellivora, Corvas <Marmite> Draenor-EU
Dawnseeker

Postby Griffonheart » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Dawnseeker wrote:The damage mitigation on imp-RF is still very appealing, 6% may sound small, but when you're talking about raid bosses, 6% can mean the healers' mana lasts that much longer, and you take that much less spike damage.
Every little helps...but yeah, spell warding's a bit crap, let the DKs worry about magic mitigation.

Not AS appealing, I meant ^_^ 3 pt for a boost to aggro plus mitigation was very good, now it's just mitigation for the same 3pt, might as well combine it with Spell Warding.
True Voyage is Return

Griffonheart

Postby praetorae » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:40 pm

I think there are 2 separate issues here under consideration.

1st - Should we take Imp RF with its 6% damage reduction, even though it no longer provides a threat increase? I think the answer to this is a resounding YES. 6% less damage in total is great, be nice if it was in line with def stance but I'm not gonna grumble too much.

2nd - would it make sense to make Imp RF 6% less physical damage and 10% less spell damage (the effective combination of Imp RF and Spell Warding talents). Yes it would, it would remove some of the bloat and enable more paladins to get that extra bit of spell damage mitigation since I think a lot of us are dropping Spell warding like a hot potato!

Its a nice idea, tbh I would be happier if they made Imp RF into just a straight 10% damage reduction fully talented and removed the spell warding talent altogether, but we can all dream eh!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
praetorae
Maintankadonor

Postby Griffonheart » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:49 pm

That actually doesn't sound too bad, 10% total and remove Spell Warding, but that would almost guarantee it to go up a tier.

And, a lot of people had already given up on Spell Warding so technically that would still be 3pt spent in Imp. RF, albeit more powerful.

DK may be the caster tank of choice but every tank should have some ways to deal with casters, some ways better than 4% spell mitigation (4% because 6% is in Imp. RF, almost everyone has that).
True Voyage is Return

Griffonheart

Postby Dorvan » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:58 pm

Honestly, a 1-2% bonus to some main function of the class is par for the course for talents across all 10 classes. I think Imp RF gives an appropriate benefit for its place in the tree as-is.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorps » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Remove Imp RF, make Spell Warding into 5/10% mitigation across the board, gg.
Vorps

Postby Sharlos » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Make Righteous Fury behave like shadowform or hunter aspects. Unpurgable buff with infinite duration. Being forced to refresh my defensive stance every 30 minutes is annoying.
Sharlos

Postby Lemondish » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:21 pm

Sharlos wrote:Make Righteous Fury behave like shadowform or hunter aspects. Unpurgable buff with infinite duration. Being forced to refresh my defensive stance every 30 minutes is annoying.

QFT. Though Shadowform provides a benefit for shadow damage at the cost of being unable to cast holy spells. I think we could use auras in a similar way. A tanking, healing, and damage aura are already in place (especially with the ret trees THREE talents buffing one aura). I don't see why each tree couldn't benefit from their specific aura in ways that the other tree cannot.

It'll still be a sufficient armour boost if a holy paladin pops devo, but a prot paladins devo should provide an increase to the Paladin alone that removes the need for improved righteous fury AND spell warding. This removes 5 points in the early tree, paving the way to either extremely helpful NEW talents, or shifting a lot of the heavy bulk deeper in the tree in a much more manageable way.
Lemondish

Return to WotLK