Remove Advertisements

So what weapon for 3.0?..

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Levantine » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:12 am

Melathys wrote:
Norrath wrote:Paladins are pretty used to having weapons without defensive stats on them. ;)

Also, don't forget that due to HotR being Holy damage, it is multiplied by 1.9.

But to be frank, it is quite likely that warriors will be using fast DPS weapons as well, rather than weapons like the Brutalizer.

is HotR just 1.9?....or is the threat even higher? I wonder cause this is our only ability that "causes high threat". I think its safe to assume its at least 1.9 though.

It'll have an innate threat to it like most Warrior abilities, on top of the 1.9x RF bonus.
Levantine

Postby Norrath » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:13 am

Melathys wrote:
Norrath wrote:Paladins are pretty used to having weapons without defensive stats on them. ;)

Also, don't forget that due to HotR being Holy damage, it is multiplied by 1.9.

But to be frank, it is quite likely that warriors will be using fast DPS weapons as well, rather than weapons like the Brutalizer.

is HotR just 1.9?....or is the threat even higher? I wonder cause this is our only ability that "causes high threat". I think its safe to assume its at least 1.9 though.

There IS an innate threat value, actually. There's a thread here with some preliminary numbers.
Norrath

Postby Blutreich » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:06 am

won't haste shorten our GCD witch would effect our spell rotation a bit.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=11656
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Dorvan » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:52 am

Blutreich wrote:won't haste shorten our GCD witch would effect our spell rotation a bit.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=11656

It should effect our rotation very little if at all, compounded by the fact that haste will still scale very poorly for us and should thus be mostly avoided.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:37 pm

I question whether Blizz will want paladin tanks and warrior tanks to be using different weapons entirely. If this becomes an issue I tend to think Blizz will tweak some mechanics.

Or they can leave things as is and we'll continue to complain about a lack of paladin tanking weapons well into the next year :]
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Blutreich » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:55 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I question whether Blizz will want paladin tanks and warrior tanks to be using different weapons entirely. If this becomes an issue I tend to think Blizz will tweak some mechanics.

Or they can leave things as is and we'll continue to complain about a lack of paladin tanking weapons well into the next year :]

warriors want a fast tanking weapon for more consistent rage generation
pallys will want a fast tanking weapon for faster sov stacks

warriors want a slow tanking weapon for bigger devastates
pallys will want a slow tanking weapon for bigger hammer of righteousness hits

warriors want a high dps weapon with some def stats
pallys will want a high dps weapon with some def stats

where is the difference i am confused B)
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Melathys » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:11 pm

I still don't see myself using SoV for trash. I still don't see myself using SoV at the start of the fight. I start boss fights with SoR, then change to SoV.

I know the math has been done to show that the total dmg output is about equal no matter the weapon speed on reckoning procs. (ie, slow weapon you may not get to use the full stack of reckoning, but the higher dmg from the slow weapon makes up for it)

but idk, i'm not much of a theorycrafter...
Melathys

Postby Candiru » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:19 pm

No! Reckoning looses effectiveness with weapons faster than 2.0!

This is because you have reckoning up for less time.

Lets imagine a reckoning with no charges, just 8 seconds. This is obviously as good for all weapons speeds.

Now thing how the charges affect it: they reduce the reckoning effect for any weapon that uses up all the charges! Using up all the charges is bad, and shows that you are not getting the full effect of reckoning.

That said SoV >> SoR and reckoning will therefore not be so good.
Candiru

Postby Melathys » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 pm

ah, yes, I'd forgotten about using all the charges before the timer was up.

But will SoV be any good for trash in wotlk? I know some ppl use it for trash, but I don't like to (unless they have hate reset like those bastages in gruul's lair)

Also, reckoning is a great talent for aoe grinding, as I'm sure many of us are looking forward to. :wink: For leveling anyway, I think I'll be 5/5 reckoning. I'll also probably pick up that SoR libram..probably should have picked it up long ago, but that's neither here nor there.
Melathys

Previous

Return to WotLK