Remove Advertisements

So to level up......

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So to level up......

Postby ARogers » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Would it be wise to collect ret gear that is primarily stakced with +str instead of +AP? It would add to AP, BV, and SP. It doesn't seem like there is any other good choice.

Also, due to the lack of a str shield, I'm not great geared, but I'm thinking a BotAE with a +str gem in it + a really good 1h weapon. The BV on a good shield seems like the prefered choice.

Am I correct in assuming this stuff?

This is assuming leveling as a prot spec, which I am doing.
ARogers

Re: So to level up......

Postby Dawnseeker » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:03 pm

ARogers wrote:Would it be wise to collect ret gear that is primarily stakced with +str instead of +AP? It would add to AP, BV, and SP. It doesn't seem like there is any other good choice.

Also, due to the lack of a str shield, I'm not great geared, but I'm thinking a BotAE with a +str gem in it + a really good 1h weapon. The BV on a good shield seems like the prefered choice.

Am I correct in assuming this stuff?

This is assuming leveling as a prot spec, which I am doing.

In short: yes
This is ofc assuming they don't change the tier gear (and possibly other tankadin gear) to suit our new itemisation, which judging by a blue post that I'm too lazy to find a link to suggests, they are definitely thinking about it.
Telleryn, Vokh, Elderhorn, Mirinas, Thanaryn, Amitheya, Emareyn, Zenbaja, Mellivora, Corvas <Marmite> Draenor-EU
Dawnseeker

Postby Arthaal » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:45 pm

Of course in retooling the tier sets they very well may miss the mark entirely (it's not unheard of... I still have ret shoulders with a +4 SD bonus equipped sometimes?)
Infusion of Light: Light's Grace v2.0 - but random.
Arthaal

Postby Airanna » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 pm

As they've noted once or twice, something about the way they implimented the socket system in TBC means they can't change socket bonuses without breaking items all together or overhauling everything. If they do re-itemize our tier gear it will be interesting to see what direction they take.

I've done the math and just with the crafted, drops, and quest rewards I could find on the way to 75 we could easily have +500 strength from armor/cloak/trinkets alone. Not counting kings, base strength, or divine strength.
Airanna

Return to WotLK