Remove Advertisements

"WotLK" Paladin Threat Calc

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

"WotLK" Paladin Threat Calc

Postby Isabelli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:23 am

A New and Improved Threat Calculator based on variables that directly affect our tanking skills in WotLK.

What it Includes:
SoR v. 5/5 SoV
HotR
ShoR
Avenger's Shield
Exorcism
Holy Wrath
Consecration (2 Ranks)
Holy Shield
Weapon TPS
Judgment Damage (No Justice as of Yet)

Statistics based on Character
All Character Buffs

What needs to be included:
Elixirs
Flasks
Food
JoJ (when not bugged)
SoB/SoC
Innate Threat Component of HotR and ShoR

I protected it just in case accidental changes are made while browsing. Though, if you wanna change anything, please go ahead and I would love some feedback.

Protection Password: aegis.

http://files.filefront.com/Paladin+Threat+Calcxls/;11322460;/fileinfo.html

Have fun!
Issy

PS Changed the post title to make it more obvious!
Last edited by Isabelli on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Isabelli

Postby Isabelli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:52 am

Bah I forgot Shield of the Templar! I'll add that in a few.

*Done! I'm getting good at this, took me only 2 mins.
Isabelli

Postby Tahl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:09 am

Thanks, this looks helpful. One note: 1HWS should be 1/2/3/4/5% increase, not 2/4/6/8/10%. Also how about a downrank ability to use Consecrate rank 6 instead of 8? Keep up the good work! :)
Tahl

Postby Isabelli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:13 am

Ahh good catch, I fix that up! I'll add a downgraded Consecration and I need to add Avenger's aswell. Thx a bunch.

*Done again. Added Consecration(Rank 6) and Avenger's Shield
Isabelli

Postby Dorvan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:04 pm

It seems to be missing base damage values for SoR/SoV, which explains why SoR is coming out ahead. You also fdon't have an option for Seals of the Pure.

I'm also not sure how you could have JoR doing the same damage as JoV under the latest notes, in which JoR is 125% base judgment damage and JoV is (100 + 10*stacks)% base judgment damage.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Isabelli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Dorvan wrote:It seems to be missing base damage values for SoR/SoV, which explains why SoR is coming out ahead. You also fdon't have an option for Seals of the Pure.

I'm also not sure how you could have JoR doing the same damage as JoV under the latest notes, in which JoR is 125% base judgment damage and JoV is (100 + 10*stacks)% base judgment damage.

Base damage values of SoR/SoV? I thought SoR is based primarily on weapon speed, then altered by SP and AP. I didn't know SoV had a base damage either.

As for the JoR doing the same damage as JoV, the values for base judgement are already added with the scaling in place! If I read the notes correctly, what it does is alter's Judgement of Light/Wisdom/Justice's damage by 125% then adds its own damage? And the same for JoV?

I would love some clarity on this and I'll get to fixing the numbers!
Isabelli

Postby Hearthy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Is the DoT damage supposed to be for one stack or the full stack? You have the AP coefficient as .07 (one stack) and the SP coefficient as .17 (full stack).

Edit: As far as base damage, there is none in the formulas listed on Wowhead right now. I'm not in the beta, so I can't say whether those formulas are correct or not. Even if there isn't, you won't hit for 0 damage with no gear because you'll always have some base AP.
Last edited by Hearthy on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hearthy

Postby Dorvan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:20 pm

JoR and JoV don't have their own damage any more, they simply modify the damage done by JoL/W/J.

And of course the Seals have base damage, otherwise you'd do literally 0 damage with them if you didn't have gear on! I don't have the numbers handy, but you definitely need to check these things more carefully. The same applies for consecration and Holy Shield (plus you need to clarify what assumptions you're making about HS charge usage).

You also need more buff options (misery, wrath of air, windfury, etc.) if you want this spreadsheet to be meaningful for raid theorycrafting, and having variables for the base damage of abilities would be nice as I'm not sure is we know their values at 80 yet.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Isabelli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Oh this is just the infancy stages of the calculator, I wanted some feedback to see if my basic formulas are correct.

As for the SoV, its assuming a 5/5 Stack.

I'll do some more research on Base Damage values for SoR and SoV. Do you know by chance that these values will stay relatively constant in WotLK?

As for the Judgements, this is what is confusing me. On wowhead's WotLK database, JoV and JoR show values as such:

JoV
Unleashing this Seal's energy will deal [1 + 0.58 * SPH + 0.36 * AP] Holy damage to an enemy, increased by 10% for each application of Holy Vengeance on the target.

JoR
Unleashing this Seal's energy will cause [1 + 0.45 * AP + 0.73 * SPH] Holy damage to an enemy.

Is this information correct? I'd love some more feedback Dorovan!
Isabelli

Postby Hearthy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:29 pm

Isabelli wrote:As for the SoV, its assuming a 5/5 Stack.

Then shouldn't the AP coefficient be .35?
Hearthy

Postby Dorvan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:30 pm

This is why I get snippy at people who turn around and post conclusions in threads without the math alongside it though...this spreadsheet is a good project, but nowhere near the "conclusion drawing" stage yet. :P

I'm pretty sure that WoWhead info is out of date, but I'm not in Beta so I can't supply the current formula.

Base values of spells should increase in WotLK, that's the main point of new ranks of spells.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Jonlo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Dorvan wrote:This is why I get snippy at people who turn around and post conclusions in threads without the math alongside it though...this spreadsheet is a good project, but nowhere near the "conclusion drawing" stage yet. :P

I'm pretty sure that WoWhead info is out of date, but I'm not in Beta so I can't supply the current formula.

Base values of spells should increase in WotLK, that's the main point of new ranks of spells.

Dorvan needs beta for mathing things.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:33 pm

I'm working on it....I was actually expecting to have a key by now, but it should be taken care of by the end of next week I think :P

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Isabelli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Ok, for SoV's 5 Stack AP coeffcient, according to Sartor:

SoV/Cor: DoT effect now lasts 18 seconds, procs on every swing, applying the DoT. Increases Judgement damage by 10% per stack of the damage over time effect.

DoT: Damage = 7% * AP + 3.4% * V * SP => 7% * AP + 17% * SP @ full stack
Proc: Damage = 1.2% * WS * SP

I checked this against tybalt's (i think it was him) and wowhead (i hope they're up-to-date!) it pretty much follows as such. If these guys are a patch too old, pls tell me so! Keep the advice coming, I'd like to keep myself busy.
Last edited by Isabelli on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabelli

Postby Jonlo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Dorvan wrote:I'm working on it....I was actually expecting to have a key by now, but it should be taken care of by the end of next week I think :P

Military Coup of the Bilzzard offices! I knew it!

Get me one, too >_>
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to WotLK