Remove Advertisements

A interesting minor chance: Mobs' HP

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

A interesting minor chance: Mobs' HP

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:40 am

Anyone noticed that now you can see the exact value of your target's HP?

Ye i know mobhealth used to calculate it, still i like knowing how many HP exactly my target has :)

According to GMs it's working as intended too.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Karock » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:42 am

Yep I read that in some notes somewhere, probably MMO champion just listing that it's in now. Great change, seems silly to not have it in the game in the first place.
Karock

Postby Candiru » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:47 am

I think Deathknights were complaining that their "lower mob's HP by 20%" attack didn't "feel" like it was doing much damage, since they stay on 100%.

I imagine this change is to fix that.

(Can bosses be heart striked? If having a deathknight instantly shaves off 20% of a bosses HP they will be required for the enrage timer presumably? Unless vindication will work too..)
Candiru

Postby Zx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:49 am

I have heard that heart strike works on bosses but it seems very far fetched for that to be the case.

If blizz makes heart strike work they will almost certainly have to make vindication work also.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Makaijin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:25 am

Finally can ditch that mod called Mobinfo2 as its accuracy is flaky at best, especially on bosses.
Makaijin

Postby Zumor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:54 pm

WotLK will show exact numbers, no mobinfo or like that anymore.
IF heartstrike works, then a deathknight would be ALWAYS in the raid as a bloodspec. It cant be true, or what do you think what will happen?
a boss with lets say 6million hp, deathknight comes, BAM 4.8million HP, in one attack he destroyed 1.2million HP! noway it will work on bosses! you could say the deathknight makes 1.2million DPS for 1second!
its a PvP thing, or farming, but not bosses, too OP
Zumor

Postby Splug » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Actually, given the number of classes with -20% health or -20% stamina debuffs, it seems fairly possible that one may work at any given time. Alternatively, it could be capped to only reduce by a max of 20k health or something. Time will tell, but I've wondered the same.

And yes Worldie, the last beta patch notes said the feature was working previously for non-aggressive targets, but has been added for aggressive targets as well.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Petrus » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:23 pm

This will be nice so that I can ditch mobinfo, which likes to report that a player in pvp gear has 28k health and a player in pve gear has 5k. Seems to report some trash mobs alright, but that's about it.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Return to WotLK