Seal of Uselessness?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:16 am

Yeah HotR Processing seals is really, really nice.
But anyway, SoR is not going to die quickly. It's still useful up to level 66 and probably still better for a while,depending on base damages.
HotR + SoW = leveling easymode regen O.o
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:20 am

I could like any number of skills that live on your hot bar for a bit while leveling and then fall off.

Do you still use Purify, or Divine Protection (as it stands now, not the Wrath version).
honorshammer

Postby Dorvan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:33 am

But if a mob is dying in 10 seconds, even if you're getting a full stack thee you're probably doing less total damage than you would just using SoR from the get-go (plus remember that SoV only ticks once every 3 seconds, so you're getting only 3 or so ticks total tere). I agree with the assessment of others, SoR is probably going to be useful on trash, with SoV preferable for bosses: essentially what appeared to be intended all along if SoV wasn't so unreliable.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Zx » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:42 am

Round em up and consecrate. Problem solved.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Lemondish » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:46 am

I'm not going to quote numbers unless its absolutely required, but from what I've seen SoR maintains a higher bonus from Spell power than SoV does. Given that our gear will provide us substantial amounts of both, SoV seems to be the better in terms of threat generation, though the INITIAL threat may be slightly lower. You can judge it without a stack on the mob for the base damage all judgments provide, meaning you aren't losing much opening with SoV.

But remember, we're not the only Paladin spec. Seal of Righteousness will scale pretty well for a Holy Paladin lookin to solo quests and mobs up to 80. So although our old bread and butter Seal may not be as strong, it still has its use.
Lemondish

Previous

Return to WotLK