Remove Advertisements

Seal of Uselessness?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Seal of Uselessness?

Postby roosevelt » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:11 am

I don't have a beta key, and obviously everything is subject to change at this point, but I'm wondering what exactly the use for seal of righteousness will be at 80.

Seal of vengeance will be better for tanking and soloing things that don't die really fast. With seals costing more mana for the 2m durration and the 50% judgement bonus from sov 5 stack it looks like seal twisting won't be worth it.

Seal of blood or command are both better with a 2h.

Is righteousness just for holy pallies soloing things that die too fast to stack vengeance on, or want to occasionally melee or judge to dps while healing?

I ask because SotC was taken out for its uselessness, but SoR is pretty important for leveling since SoC is an 11 point talents and SoB and SoV can't be trained till outlands. I've heard that shamans are getting lower ranks of water shield trainable at low levels. Maybe they will make SoV and SoB trainable earlier and get rid of SoR or change it to be more useful.
roosevelt

Postby Mouse » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:14 am

in azeroth mobs die quick enough to not need SoV. probem solved.
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby PsiVen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:18 am

I don't think SoV is going to be better than SoR for killing anything non-elite, and it will be better than SoB with a 2h if we don't want to hurt ourselves.

All of our seals even now are more useful than, say, a druid's Claw.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Airanna » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:28 am

I see it like this unless something else changes =

Cue up SoR as you start wailing on trash, reseal when it fades. Get to the boss, cue up SoV/C for the pull and yourself a good ol' time.

Soloing? SoR your merry way through the large groups of mobs and laugh at the warriors and priests and whatnot pecking away at stuff one by one.
Airanna

Postby roosevelt » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 am

Keep in mind that every hit now adds to the stack. I seem to recall another thread where a beta tester implied that HotR also applied SoV, so even with a slow 1h you're looking at a 5 stack of SoV really quick on trash.

I guess it might not be "useless" but its usefulness at 80 is looking weak to me. I've been hoping for a while that they would make a seal for healing, with a passive bonus. If they made SoR additionally add a small amount to your spell power then it would be great for AoE tanking as well as healing,
roosevelt

Postby Candiru » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:29 am

With there only being 1 rank of SoR, how will that work at low level when you have 0 spelldamage? Will it not add any damage to your attacks until you hit outlands? Or will the AP scaling component be enough to be "usefull" from just your base Str?
Candiru

Postby Eaglestrike » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:53 am

Candiru wrote:With there only being 1 rank of SoR, how will that work at low level when you have 0 spelldamage? Will it not add any damage to your attacks until you hit outlands? Or will the AP scaling component be enough to be "usefull" from just your base Str?

It'll be better than currently, seeing how spell damage plate doesn't exist until OL...it should scale better at those levels now.
Eaglestrike

Postby Candiru » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 am

At the moment each rank has a "base" level of damage though, which has been removed! So your naked damage will drop...
Candiru

Postby Levantine » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:13 am

Candiru wrote:At the moment each rank has a "base" level of damage though, which has been removed! So your naked damage will drop...

It'll have a base damage that scales with level I'm thinking.
Levantine

Postby Alexsindor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:43 am

Information from other sites, and elsewhere on this site, says the Seal of Righteousness scales with both spell damage and attack power, the latter of which goes up with Strength.
Alexsindor

Postby Vanifae » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am

roosevelt wrote:Keep in mind that every hit now adds to the stack. I seem to recall another thread where a beta tester implied that HotR also applied SoV, so even with a slow 1h you're looking at a 5 stack of SoV really quick on trash.

I guess it might not be "useless" but its usefulness at 80 is looking weak to me. I've been hoping for a while that they would make a seal for healing, with a passive bonus. If they made SoR additionally add a small amount to your spell power then it would be great for AoE tanking as well as healing,

Hammer of the Righteous applies seals to all mobs hit by it be it SoV/C or SoR.

At this point what seal you use will be situational.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:36 am

SoV still has the limitation of relatively low initial threat gen. I'll use it for almost any trash that doesn't take long to die(think the Shadowswordfurywhatever elves in M'uru)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:48 am

Snake-Aes wrote:SoV still has the limitation of relatively low initial threat gen. I'll use it for almost any trash that doesn't take long to die(think the Shadowswordfurywhatever elves in M'uru)

Eh, holy shield slap, HoR etc for the initial threat while it winds up should do.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby lesurk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:08 am

It'll always be useful for leveling. You don't get SoV, SoB, SoCr, SotM until the mid 60s.
lesurk

Postby Morendin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:12 am

my initial hunch was that it would still be less total threat on sufficiently squishy trash, but with Hammer adding a stack you could 5-stack in as little as 6, assuming no avoidance
t-0: swing, HotR #1
2 stacks
2.5: swing
3 stacks
5.0: swing
4 stacks
6.0: HotR #2
5 stacks

that's...pretty fast.

of course, that assumes no stacks are missed...but we're talking mainly about trash here, and I expect it to be quite easy to get hit/spellhit/expertise capped on 80-82 mobs
Morendin

Next

Return to WotLK