Remove Advertisements

Bankroll heading into Wrath

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:09 pm

Spectrum wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Well, the trick is to get more than 5 badges in 1.5 hours :) Depending on the daily you can get 15 badges in 2-2.5 hours.

I wish I was at the level that I could farm raids like that, but Kara is still a 3+ hour investment for me. I think that's the big difference between the raiders and the non-raiders.

Great point. :) I know I tend to raid later than most Kara groups start (I log in at 9:30, doh). I'll have to see if our late-night crew is still doing them. PUG heroics make it hard to clear enough to get 2 done in a night, for me. =/ If I had a larger friends list, I could include DPS that didn't suck, as well as healers ;)
Kelaan

Postby yawnslaught » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:33 pm

PsiVen wrote:On my server the moneymaker is heroics/kara, not dailies (epic gems are ~300g a pop uncut, more if you get a guild JC to help). Since arriving on Moonrunner I've spent 1200g on a bag, around 3000g on repairs (ty CTExpenses for breaking the guildbank repair button for 6 weeks), many thousands of gold on consumables, and I still have 200g with 90 badges sitting in my bank that would market ~2k in epic gems. I haven't done my dailies since 2007.

Basically if WotLK is 4 months away I expect to have about 15,000 gold heading into Northrend.

Hey! I just arrived on Moonrunner from my old server a week ago. I'm finding this server to be a hell of a lot more expensive than my old one, especially as someone not established in raiding.

I just hit 70 today and I'm actually wondering about my WotLK bankroll myself. I'm at 354 JC and doing all kinds of instance grinding to better my gear. I see some nice items i want to buy off the AH for 1000+ gold, jewelcrafting recipes i'll need / want that I haven't even seen at auction yet, still need my epic mount skill...

It's a bad time to be freshly working on a tankadin, i think. i'll be dirt poor when WotLK comes out, and replacing any gold i earn between now and then with quest rewards. At least I'm enjoying the ride, though, i suppose.
yawnslaught

Postby Pizbit » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:08 pm

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... rintor.jpg

My shaman is going to need a min 15.2k at 80.
Currently sitting on 16.2k and my goal is, well, as much as I can farm :D Didn't help I'd just dropped 18k on my shammies enhancement gloves!
Probably start farming low level herbs when a WOLK release date is announced and stash them ready to sell when it is released for all the people wanting to power level inscriptions.
Taking a breather atm so only getting how ever much gold netherwing dailies get as I go for the mount, might spend a few more days on aldor rep again now that the last batch finally sold.
Enhance shaman > all non-elites <3
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Lieris » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:11 pm

I bought two Gigantique Bags recently so I only have about 2200g across my account. I've always felt that gold should be spent, I don't like to see it accumulating for nothing. 1K on each character and I am comfortable :) If details of Wotlk's big money sink get revealed (not that silly Dalaran ring, I mean something worthwhile like a new riding skill) then whatever the cost is the exact amount I hope to take into the expansion on my paladin and druid.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Dobbelsteen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:34 pm

Sitting at almost 12k atm, gonna try to get 25k so I can chill in WotlK, never having to worry about gold.

I just do dailies with my shadowpriest, and sell epic sockets which I buy with the abundance of badges I get, easy gold ^^
Dobbelsteen

Postby Arthaal » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:55 pm

Have 10k right now and guild recently disbanded and gbank is to be split... so I'm probably gonna be sitting on roughly 15k-20k give our take.
Infusion of Light: Light's Grace v2.0 - but random.
Arthaal

Postby Wakeman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:52 pm

About 6k gold in total when I stopped playing several months ago. However, this is probably not enough to support my paladin, hunter, death knight and my girlfriend's mage. Too bad I could not sell all the gems and primals in bank before I quitted, which worthed around 2k gold but will become rubbish when WotLK is out. :(
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby sahiel » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:33 pm

An often cheap way to make money is to regularly search the lvl 10-29 rare weapons/armour on the AH, get a feel for the stuff twinks buy then keep an eye for them to be listed cheap. New players will often get a blue drop they can't use and list it for 10g or less, many can be relisted for much more for twinks with too much cash to know what to do with it all (lots go for 100g+ on my sever, a Pendulum of Doom even went for 2000g recently Alliance side).
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby elson » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:59 pm

On the same sever as psiven and gotta agree the badge-for-gem tradeoff is insane here. I'm not quite as energetic so my badge income rate isn't as good but its not like the herb/ore prices here are cheap either and I have an herbalist/miner hunter toon I use for that.

I recently dropped about 4k gold on leveling JC and buying several recipies. I've made about 2k+ of it back in the last 4-5 days, and thats with the majority of what i've been farming going into a consumables stockpile i'm building since I won't be able to afford to keep the hunter account going much longer. Rl finances can be a pain at times.

Prices are going to jump exponentially in the expansion. Depending on the economy of your sever, I'd honestly recommend a gathering profession or badge/gem trades vs dailies. I expect to have 10k +, and I would seriously recommend that people have at least a couple of grand to work with when the expansion goes live.

Oh btw Psiven, no longer in the marker for the Hard khorium goggles, forgot to mention that to you the other day.
Zeal without wisdom is folly

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ll&n=Elson
elson

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:14 pm

I've got about 1.5k gold across my characters. It's more than enough for my purposes.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I've got about 1.5k gold across my characters. It's more than enough for my purposes.

Optimist.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Novariety » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:30 pm

I have between 2-3k across my toons and doesnt vary much at all from that. I find it quite boring farming for gold and would rather lvl another alt. Altho with 4-5 nights of raiding finding it hard to lvl those alts.

I should start selling off the stockpiles of primal fires which I have never used. I am such a hoader and always hold onto things that I might use down the track.
Novariety

Postby Hollyhell » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:35 pm

I'm probalby sitting on 2k right now. I know I have 1100 on my lock, I have 500 on my rogue, and 250 on my hunter (67).

I've been doing a good number of dailies, plus I have a ton of quests left in netherstorm on the lock, the rogue, and probalby the hunter as well.
Hollyhell

Postby PsiVen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:10 am

elson wrote:its not like the herb/ore prices here are cheap either and I have an herbalist/miner hunter toon I use for that.
Oh btw Psiven, no longer in the marker for the Hard khorium goggles, forgot to mention that to you the other day.

Heh don't worry, we've still never seen them. I think M'uru is singlehandedly responsible for ~50% inflation of herb prices in the past couple months.

Pizbit wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I've got about 1.5k gold across my characters. It's more than enough for my purposes.

Optimist.

I believe "defeatist" is more appropriate ;)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Ruex » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:57 am

Aiming for 10k on each of my 70 toons. Should suffice nicely.

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK