Remove Advertisements

Bankroll heading into Wrath

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kivas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:24 pm

between Jewelcrafting and rolling over boe's for profit on the ah i'm hovering around 100k. I also have around 15k loaned out (%5 intrest payable in full). Thou i just dropped mining on the paladin and powerlvled blacksmithing 1-350 in one night, cost around 3500.

my goal is to power lvl inscription from 1-425+ (what ever the cap is 450?) The first week and corner the market on that too.
Last edited by Kivas on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is Only one true Form of PVP in Wow, It's the auction House.
Kivas

Postby balrogg » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 pm

im debating whether to splurge on the 22slot bags. on my recently hit 70 tentacle tankadins server, i have 25k post epic flying mount, not to mention tons of quests and dailies to start, and 2 60 alts. on one hand, im sure there will be at least 20 slots available during lk, with the more expensive bags in the 22-24 range slots (epics 26? haha). but on the other, wotlk is more than a few months away, and its not like i cant make some more gold. and seeing how things work now, i can see gold being any harder to come by in the xpac.

anyone out there take the dive for at least 4 22 slotters?
balrogg

Re: Bankroll heading into Wrath

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Flex wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:If the Hard Khorium Goggles goggles pattern ever shows up on my AH, I'll go into Lich King penniless.

bought for 6000 gold, impatient to find a smelter so spent 600 on the Hardened Khorium bars.

Dropped me to about 8K and without really trying to do it by chaining dailies I'm back over 10K again.
That's one of the biggest advantages of my guild, I think. We just make so much frigging money with bt/hyjal gems(seriously, we have like 2 drops every pull), that we can afford supplying anyone the mats they need for any SWP pattern + repair bills. There's like 27k in the gbank atm and half the guild uses it every day for repairs.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:28 pm

balrogg wrote:im debating whether to splurge on the 22slot bags. on my recently hit 70 tentacle tankadins server, i have 25k post epic flying mount, not to mention tons of quests and dailies to start, and 2 60 alts. on one hand, im sure there will be at least 20 slots available during lk, with the more expensive bags in the 22-24 range slots (epics 26? haha). but on the other, wotlk is more than a few months away, and its not like i cant make some more gold. and seeing how things work now, i can see gold being any harder to come by in the xpac.

anyone out there take the dive for at least 4 22 slotters?
Feral druids are OP. The guild's current druid tank bought, on the release date, 4 22 slotters for himself, another god knows how many for his bank(all slots), another bunch for his bank alt, and 2 for every lvl 70 he has(like 2 or 3)

Then he proceeded to pay a guildie 6k gold to carry him to a high arena rating to buy a couple S4 pieces he was missing.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:55 pm

I've got 4 of the 22 slot "giantique" bags. They're good for space and if you arent hurting for gold I'd go ahead and spend the money to get these. Getting gold again will be easy enough as time goes by and:

1.you do dailies
2.clear instances withoug much dying
3.farm(herbs and mining mats are rediculus on my server)
4.professions
5. are lucky
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 pm

PsiVen wrote:(ty CTExpenses for breaking the guildbank repair button for 6 weeks)

Is that what's causing the problem?

I've been having a similar issue, can't repair from the Guild Bank money.
Dragonzbane

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:08 pm

Yeah, soon as I disabled that mod I could repair again.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:17 pm

Thanks for the info Psi.

Right now I have some where between 6000 and 7000g on my Paladin.
I know I had 7200g when I bought one of the new bags and that dropped me to 6000g but since then I figure I've made some of that back.

I don't really pay to much attention to money though.
I log in to raid, do a little PvP and an occasional cooking or fishing quest.
That's it.

I don't grind dailies and I don't have enough time to make money with engineering or mining so I'm not rolling in cash like some of you guys.

I'm thinkin I'll try to cross over with as close to 10k as possible and if I go over that's cool too.
Dragonzbane

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:47 pm

Dragonzbane wrote:I don't really pay to much attention to money though.
I log in to raid, do a little PvP and an occasional cooking or fishing quest.
That's it.

I don't grind dailies and I don't have enough time to make money with engineering or mining so I'm not rolling in cash like some of you guys.

Then how did you make all that cash. I do about the same and I'm sitting around 2k gold.
Last edited by honorshammer on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honorshammer

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:49 pm

I must just be too lazy to make money. So far it seems like I'll get a character up to 70, get about half-kara geared, then start a new alt. Basically my time seems to go a little like this:

Get home from work.
Clean up, make dinner, non-wow stuff.
post stuff on the AH(just putting stuff in my bags/mail up)
Log on some character to do a run or quests with my wife.
Do instances/quests with my wife until bed.
Go to bed.

I don't even fit dailies into my daily routine anymore. I suppose I could be pushing for Kara and Heroics with both characters every week, but that just feels like such a bore.

I'm also too lazy to get any rare patterns for my JC/Enchanter.

Thankfully, I'm sitting on 2.5k now. Flying mount coming up for my hunter alt soon. Probably starting an arena team soon. I'm either missing something or just not doing as much farming as other people do.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:10 pm

Yeah, I have a similar schedule as you: Play ~2-3 hours most nights; often a daily, often not. I'm similarly broke.

It doesn't help that I have divergent goals:
- Farm honor on my paladin for the MG slicer, so I'll have a non-crappy weapon to solo with and tank with. (Thanks, Tippocabra, for the link to that Borean tundra slow axe, though.)
- Farm badges, as I still have 180 more badges to go (and no kara runs when I play, it seems) before I can buy the rest of the badge gear I might want (chest, wrists, feet, ring
- Farm money (badges -> money, now that I look at it, is slow: ~5 badges/1.5 hours or so = ~3-4 hours/3-400g -- at that rate, dailies are tempting.)

I'll replace most of the badge gear eventually, though it'll still last for quite some time. Money is something I know will be important, but cannot yet see the immediate need for. (Aside from an epic flyer on my paladin ;)) Honor ... is like pulling teeth. :(

I'm also torn between leveling enchanting to 275+ on my paladin (to DE quest rewards), or dropping it for mining (as I'll see mining stuff, and have bag space for it, compared to my hunter who is the current miner). I'm quite certain I'll be wanting to collect materials while I level for the level 75 crafted gear, for example.

I don't think I'll be able to collect enough money now to be able to buy outright the gear that I want (unless it's used as leveling smithing, and thus cheaper than mats); I guess another question is, what should I forsee needing to spend money on? All I can think of is leveling engineering, getting crafted tanking gear, and upgrading ye olde riding skill.
Kelaan

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Well, the trick is to get more than 5 badges in 1.5 hours :) Depending on the daily you can get 15 badges in 2-2.5 hours.

For me though, it's all about destroying farm raids: ZA is 13 badges for 1 hour, Kara 22 badges for 1.5 hours, BT something like 18 badges, 4/6 Sunwell is 8. If I log in 'just to raid' I make 74 badges a week...
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Achtung » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:14 pm

I've got 16K at the moment, and I don't do anything special. I do the daily fishing quest, and that's about it really.
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Splug » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:32 pm

Guild repairs and crimson spinel sales mean my BoJ intake just about covers ironshields and flasks. But I don't do any raiding besides the BT/sunwell farm and then ramming my skull against M'uru, so I am not really gaining or losing money there. Also, I don't use guild repairs to cover the pvp durability loss I get from my rogue, so the income from the pvp daily is again a break-even point. Only time my bank account really shifts is if I get a new piece of gear and need to buy enchants, but then I'll randomly win enough greens/bosskill cash to cover that.

So I'm guessing I'll have the same 1600g I have now.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:32 pm

PsiVen wrote:Well, the trick is to get more than 5 badges in 1.5 hours :) Depending on the daily you can get 15 badges in 2-2.5 hours.

For me though, it's all about destroying farm raids: ZA is 13 badges for 1 hour, Kara 22 badges for 1.5 hours, BT something like 18 badges, 4/6 Sunwell is 8. If I log in 'just to raid' I make 74 badges a week...

I wish I was at the level that I could farm raids like that, but Kara is still a 3+ hour investment for me. I think that's the big difference between the raiders and the non-raiders.

I plan to be on the leading edge of the 10-man progression curve in WotLK. I just sort of got started late in TBC and I am not a huge fan of 25-man raids.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK