Remove Advertisements

Bankroll heading into Wrath

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bankroll heading into Wrath

Postby Ciandin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:43 am

How much cash is everyone planning on carrying over to the expansion? I've been so lazy lately so I haven't really done dailies all summer, and my gold supply isn't where it once was.

Has anyone found any amazing BOE blues, epics, or recipes that will likely cost an arm and a leg on the AH? How much cash are we receiving as quest rewards? How much does it cost to train when you ding?

I'm debating on whether or not I should start running dailies again to restock my coffers or just say 'f' it and level an alt when I'm not raiding.
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Re: Bankroll heading into Wrath

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:51 am

Ciandin wrote:How much cash is everyone planning on carrying over to the expansion? I've been so lazy lately so I haven't really done dailies all summer, and my gold supply isn't where it once was.

Has anyone found any amazing BOE blues, epics, or recipes that will likely cost an arm and a leg on the AH? How much cash are we receiving as quest rewards? How much does it cost to train when you ding?

I'm debating on whether or not I should start running dailies again to restock my coffers or just say 'f' it and level an alt when I'm not raiding.

If the Hard Khorium Goggles goggles pattern ever shows up on my AH, I'll go into Lich King penniless.
honorshammer

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 am

On my server the moneymaker is heroics/kara, not dailies (epic gems are ~300g a pop uncut, more if you get a guild JC to help). Since arriving on Moonrunner I've spent 1200g on a bag, around 3000g on repairs (ty CTExpenses for breaking the guildbank repair button for 6 weeks), many thousands of gold on consumables, and I still have 200g with 90 badges sitting in my bank that would market ~2k in epic gems. I haven't done my dailies since 2007.

Basically if WotLK is 4 months away I expect to have about 15,000 gold heading into Northrend.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:26 am

I plan on having 25k gold. Sitting at 12.5k gold atm. That might drop if Alchemy receives another hit and Blacksmith receives a boost, necessitating me levelling BS for the third time.

Alternatively, if it's just another Alchemy hit with not Blacksmith boost, I'll just stockpile 100 of each herb in preparation for Inscription and match my Enchanting up with that.

The Guardian's Stone + Mad Alchemist's Potions were the only reason I switched back to Alchemy in the first place. This potion sickness drastically reduces the value on both.
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 am

I have like, 1100 gold on my paladin and like 700 on my priest :/

they are on different servers

I feel so poor :(
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:29 am

Jerey-Darkspear wrote:The Guardian's Stone + Mad Alchemist's Potions were the only reason I switched back to Alchemy in the first place. This potion sickness drastically reduces the value on both.

Yep, I was leveling a shammy for this... now she's gonna be LW.

plan on 20k+
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:31 am

yeah i have like 5k net on my toons. i'm not spending any money on anything except upgrade enchants/gems at this point. i really need to liquidate my bank toons though, i probably have at least another 2k sitting on them.

i'm just too lazy to actively try and make money at this point.
Chunes

Postby Rahl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:39 am

I have about 12k atm. Alls I do is every time I get 15 badges just trade them for an epic gem and sell it and afk in shatt spamming jc cuts in trade. I want around 20k when wotlk hits.
Rahl

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:39 am

Sabindeus wrote:I have like, 1100 gold on my paladin and like 700 on my priest :/

Jewelcrafting
Jerey-Darkspear

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:56 am

Jerey-Darkspear wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:I have like, 1100 gold on my paladin and like 700 on my priest :/

Jewelcrafting

because dropping a profession, levelling a new one, and then buying patterns and such is totally cheap
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:57 am

I have 300 gold.
On all my toons together.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ahvienda » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:06 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:

I have 300 gold.
On all my toons together.
Ahvienda

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:08 pm

I expect to be over 10kish by Wrath.

Currently at about 3500 gold and my GF owes my 1000 gold for the 2k I lent to her paladin alt, protection of course.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Re: Bankroll heading into Wrath

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 pm

Honorshammer wrote:If the Hard Khorium Goggles goggles pattern ever shows up on my AH, I'll go into Lich King penniless.

bought for 6000 gold, impatient to find a smelter so spent 600 on the Hardened Khorium bars.

Dropped me to about 8K and without really trying to do it by chaining dailies I'm back over 10K again.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:20 pm

PsiVen wrote:On my server the moneymaker is heroics/kara, not dailies (epic gems are ~300g a pop uncut, more if you get a guild JC to help)..... 90 badges sitting in my bank that would market ~2k in epic gems.

Interesting. For someone who is not completely badge geared (I do not yet have the boots, bracers, ring, and chest (I have the Panz)), and a low enough badge income that I'll likely not be able to do both AND sell gems, what do you think I should do?

- Farm badges for gear that I will replace (mostly) around 75-78 (and which will help me before the expansion)
- Badges -> Gems -> Money, on the idea that I won't really need money until 80 (or could buy epic flight, perhaps?), and can then spend it on resources / BOEs / Crafting gear to give me an edge at 80?

I expect nearly all of my gear now not to last me to 80 as far as mitigation and health goes; block value gear like I have is probably actually still pretty good, compared to Str gear -- but low Str and thus low AP will make for weaker Hammers! I'm expecting I'll likely need to regear for AP sooner than later.

Heck, some of the Cobalt armor looks positively excellent in terms of gearing; I could be wrong, but that ought to be a great replacement for the badge boots (~20-24 spelldamage from the stamina, 21 block value); there are also some semi-decent high-stamina bracers. Heck, the quest-reward gloves ( http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=39180 ) have ~300 more health than my T4 ones, and seem to have better mitigation stats than the Bonefist.

I'm beginning to like your idea of selling badges for gems. What am I missing!? Staying with mu current gear (or even badge gear) is basically going to be matched or exceeded, health wise, by things I should see in 5-6 levels. (Though, block value, percent, and threat stats seem improved in current/badge gear... aside from poor AP and thus poor Hammers.)
Kelaan

Next

Return to WotLK