Seal of Corruption now destroys SoR :(

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Equitas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:00 am

Does anybody know if Judging 5 stacks of vengeance/corruption eats up the stacks and you have to start anew or if the stacks remain?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby lesurk » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:02 am

Equitas wrote:Does anybody know if Judging 5 stacks of vengeance/corruption eats up the stacks and you have to start anew or if the stacks remain?

It doesn't in The Burning Crusade.
lesurk

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:02 am

It never did before.
jere

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:03 am

Lore wrote:So, thoughts on seal twisting? Seems like it might not be worth it if you're missing out on a bunch of Judgement damage.

2 min Seals (with upward adjusted mana costs) killed seal twisting

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sark » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:12 am

Vanifae wrote:Yeah it took a bit to wrap my head around this but I quickly got the hang of it; 2k crit Judgments with Seal of Corruption is pretty nice for leveling and the fact that HotR keeps it up on multiple mobs makes it fantastic for multi-mob grinding and tanking.

I dare say I really really like these changes when I play live I feel so gimped compared to my Beta character; the Judgment change is well done and yeah once you get that full stack up you can do some serious damage with Corruption/Vengeance.

Really? :shock:
Sark

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:15 am

Yes, with last patch HotR applies the seal to all the targets (not judgements, however)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 am

* All Seals have been reduced to 1 rank and now cost 14% of base mana. The duration has been increased to 2 minutes and are no longer consumed when a Judgement spell is cast. The effects can be triggered from all weapon based special abilities.

- Seal of Blood now increases Judgement damage by 45% of weapon damage.
- Seal of Command now increases Judgement damage by 30% of weapon damage, 60% on stunned targets.
- Seal of the Crusader has been removed. The effects of Judgement of the Crusader have been folded into all relevant abilities.
- Seal of Righteousness deals damage based on weapons peed plus an amount based on attack power and spell power, increases Judgement damage by

- Emphasis mine.

LINK to SOURCE
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:18 am

On a side note, some of the testing at EJ seems to indicate that this latch patch did buff the seal portion of SoV (but not the judgement).

This might move it in favor of SoV.

Previously a 5 stack dealt 7%AP + V(3.4%SP), where V is the stack size.

Currently it is now doing V*(7%AP + 3.4%SP)

That increases the 5 stack coefficient from 7% to 35%, which would make it scale much better than SoR in terms of AP (but still inferior in terms of SP). I guess I need to work on redoing the math.

Just for reference the SoR DPS coefficients are 5%AP and 10%SP (assuming 100% chance to hit, less if not).

The previous SoV DPS coefficients were 2.33%AP and 5.67%SP
The current SoV DPS coefficients are 11.67%AP and 5.67%SP

So, SoV could indeed start outscaling SoR depending on your AP, expertise, and hit.
jere

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:18 am

So you can keep a SoV/C 5-stack on 3 mobs at once?

Epic.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby solina » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:28 am

If a 5-stack of SoV(C) is on a target, can you swap to SoR and judge for 175% damage? Or will it ignore the stack since you're now judging righteousness?
solina

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 am

solina wrote:If a 5-stack of SoV(C) is on a target, can you swap to SoR and judge for 175% damage? Or will it ignore the stack since you're now judging righteousness?
It will ignore the stack and use the Bonus from Judging Righteousness.

Each Seal has its own affect/Bonus when you Judge.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 am

Lore wrote:So you can keep a SoV/C 5-stack on 3 mobs at once?

Epic.

Yeah it confused the crap out of me last night I would Hammer and then see another set of numbers on secondary mobs and I was confused. It is most excellent.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:38 am

WTB MY FRIGGIN BETA KEY
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:40 am

Vanifae wrote:The number of stacks affects the bonus to the judgment; i.e. an additional 10% damage per stack up to 50%.

Err, right, I fail at reading comprehension. And I'm quoting you from the future.

Lore: If it's any consolation, it doesn't feel much better to know that I will be getting a key... in over a week.
Last edited by PsiVen on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:46 am

The number of stacks affects the bonus to the judgment; i.e. an additional 10% damage per stack up to 50%.
Vanifae

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK