Remove Advertisements

RD change

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

RD change

Postby Ocin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:27 am

According to MMO-Champion today:

"Righteous Defense no longer costs mana and the global cooldown has been removed."
Ocin

Re: RD change

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:28 am

Ocin wrote:According to MMO-Champion today:

"Righteous Defense no longer costs mana and the global cooldown has been removed."

Been scooped already but yeah this is a good change.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:35 am

Ocin wrote:so can we just spam it now? did they remove the CD on warrior and bear taunts?

It's removed the global cooldown, not the spell cooldown.

This means you can use RD without having to wait 1.5secs before using the next ability.

Edit: I guess you realised the point and deleted your question as I was typing this.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Agodaar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:40 am

I would still like to see some work done to prevent miss-taunts.
Many times i have use my taunt and right when spell goes on CD the mob changed target so i taunted the wrong raidmember = mob still loose to hunt others :(
Calithra Lvl 80 Paladin Tank @ Ravencrest :)
Agodaar

Postby Ocin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:44 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Ocin wrote:so can we just spam it now? did they remove the CD on warrior and bear taunts?

It's removed the global cooldown, not the spell cooldown.

This means you can use RD without having to wait 1.5secs before using the next ability.

Edit: I guess you realised the point and deleted your question as I was typing this.

:)
Ocin

Postby Torquemada » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:51 am

If Blizzard doesn't stop fixing everything I'm going to run out of things to complain about. :D
Torquemada

Postby agamemnoch » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:55 am

Agodaar wrote:I would still like to see some work done to prevent miss-taunts.
Many times i have use my taunt and right when spell goes on CD the mob changed target so i taunted the wrong raidmember = mob still loose to hunt others :(

Use the target of target version and that should not matter. Then you target the mob and taunt him/her + 2
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby Dawnseeker » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:57 am

Torquemada wrote:If Blizzard doesn't stop fixing everything I'm going to run out of things to complain about. :D

You can always complain about that... :)
Telleryn, Vokh, Elderhorn, Mirinas, Thanaryn, Amitheya, Emareyn, Zenbaja, Mellivora, Corvas <Marmite> Draenor-EU
Dawnseeker

Postby Agodaar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 am

Agamemnoch wrote:Use the target of target version and that should not matter. Then you target the mob and taunt him/her + 2

Would you mind link that macro? I must have the wrong 1.
Agodaar

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:25 am

I can't resist quoting myself from before this was announced:

Dorvan wrote:Yeah, I think our taunt is a reasonable tradeoff in terms of positives and negatives. Only thing I'd like to see is it's mana cost removed, and maybe taken off the GCD. A rage-starved warrior can at least taunt to take a couple hits and get going again. A mana-starved Paladin (I'm looking at you, Blackheart Evil or Very Mad ) can only try whacking away at a JoW that's hopefully up while wishing their mana pot would get off cooldown.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 am

Agodaar wrote:
Agamemnoch wrote:Use the target of target version and that should not matter. Then you target the mob and taunt him/her + 2

Would you mind link that macro? I must have the wrong 1.

The baseline spell does this since 2.3 or 2.4 (i forget which). There's no need for a macro.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Torquemada » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:34 am

There's need for a macro if you need to taunt off an NPC. Like, say, taunting off the Tauren Warrior in MH so you still have them alive for Azgalor.

As far as complaining goes, I would pass on Spell Reflect. I just hope it isn't a requirement for some boss fight gimmick in WotLK. At this point the ONLY issues I think I still see with Pallys in the expansion are silence vulnerability and how hard it's going to be to find the optimum spec with all these awesome changes. Especially if they change Shield Spec. to increase block value from Strength. I'll be royally SOL in terms of trying to figure out what I'm going to do without a pruning down of the Prot bloat.
Torquemada

Postby Agodaar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:37 am

Lol.. how that slipped past me ill never know :)
Agodaar

Postby MrDuck » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:59 pm

Torquemada wrote:There's need for a macro if you need to taunt off an NPC. Like, say, taunting off the Tauren Warrior in MH so you still have them alive for Azgalor.
Not really, done hyjal yesterday, and even though i'm not using any macro for RD, i'm absolutely sure it worked on npcs like it does on players now. Thanks blizz :P
MrDuck

Postby Splug » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm

Waiting to hear the new 51 point fury tallent lets you create deathknights at lv 60 instead of 55.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to WotLK