Mana pool at higher levels

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Mana pool at higher levels

Postby Sartor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:55 am

Ahm, well I am pretty concerned about the mana pool of Protection paladin at higher levels.

Seeing we will not have a single point of INT on our gear, and there is nothing like assuming Sacred Armor passive skill (increase your intellect by 10% of your total armor), what would you assume we can go?

Do you think the base INT will be enough to hold a good mana pull, especially with the cost of Consecration?

Would the mana gained through SA be enough to keep up in a decent AoE situation (I am not considering a boss since we receive more than enough mana back after each hit->heal)?

Any paladins on the beta could provide any feedback regarding high level mana pool? Did you change your gear from TBC with the new tank stuff?
Sartor

Postby Dawnseeker » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:15 am

Our mana pool will be small, it'll basically if not actually be just our base mana.... BUT:
We're getting huge spell cost reductions on existing abilities both through base changes and talents (as well as our new abilities costing fairly little mana)
We'll have better tools to regen mana which is much more important than having a big mana pool, since what use is starting off with 10k mana if you run out in under a minute and aren't able to get it back?
We have the new judgement system, the new seal/judgment scaling and basically better ways to ... erm... do.....stuff...
OK, I've run out, but it'll be good :D
Our mana will pretty much be a blue rage bar in theory.
Telleryn, Vokh, Elderhorn, Mirinas, Thanaryn, Amitheya, Emareyn, Zenbaja, Mellivora, Corvas <Marmite> Draenor-EU
Dawnseeker

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:20 am

Also we have yet to see any of the lvl 80 skills in action. New ranks of SA possible at lvl 80?

If not would it be good to keep around 2pc T6 for the extra mana?
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Calanas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:24 am

I think my main concern would be with levelling/grinding. I know my T4 will probably help with levelling, but as for the inevitable grind as level 80 my guess would be grinding in a combo of tank and spelldam plate (which will still be around for holy)
Calanas
Level 80: Gilneas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby Mehnalas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:02 am

According to vanifae's wonderful post you can multitank without even using consecration now and that seems like its the only spell with a massive mana increase as far as protection is concerned.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=11211

edit:post linky
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

Postby cougarr » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:41 am

Dawnseeker kind of mentioned it but I guess I will just harp on it a bit more.The latest judgement change is a huge piece of the puzzle when it comes to our concern about no more +int on gear.

Judgement of wisdom now scales with SP and AP meaning that as we gear up our mana regen goes up. Before we just had a larger mana pool which, by more or less consensus, was useful but not significant as it was the regen rate of SA that determined our tanking longevity. This new wisdom mechanic, depending on how the scaling works out, is probably better for our longevity.
cougarr

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:46 am

Zx wrote:Also we have yet to see any of the lvl 80 skills in action. New ranks of SA possible at lvl 80?

Heh. If mana is an issue I guarantee that 2pc T6 will long outstay its welcome... Unfortunately for BT folks the best pieces to use would likely be the ones from Sunwell.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 am

PsiVen wrote:
Zx wrote:Also we have yet to see any of the lvl 80 skills in action. New ranks of SA possible at lvl 80?

Heh. If mana is an issue I guarantee that 2pc T6 will long outstay its welcome... Unfortunately for BT folks the best pieces to use would likely be the ones from Sunwell.

5/5 5/9 Booo!!
honorshammer

Return to WotLK