Remove Advertisements

BoSanctuary gone soon?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

BoSanctuary gone soon?

Postby Morn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:38 am

Took a look at this table of new spell ranks, and I saw no new rank of BoSanc:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=611

And it makes perfect sense to me, with 65% armor reduction the spell offers the same mitigation as 56 strength (two or one armor pieces, especially with Divine Strength and BoK) with the new block mechanics. And the threat component is completely eclipsed by the new Retribution Aura. At the least I expect a full workover of this spell, but I don't see it making it to the expansion.
Morn

well

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:59 am

BoSanc reduction occurs before any other type of mitigation is taken into account (e.g. Before armor, before BV, etc.). So the amount of Strength you quote may be overestimated.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:15 am

Well if you include RF, it changes the value from 56 down to 52.64
jere

Postby Sartor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:43 am

TBH, I'd like to see it completely changed.

As I already mentioned in one topic I'd like to see it either a Hand of Sanctuary buff, or a passive buff that add additional buff on the target of your blessings. It could vary according to the blessing or it could be just a static buff.
Sartor

Postby Dawnseeker » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:04 am

With the change to DP giving us a bubble wall, I don't think we rly need BoSanc to be changed into a "oh crap" hand spell, but as a fairly key (in terms of positioning) prot talent, it deserves to be something more than what you give pallies and warriors when they already have every other buff available.
A block value % modifier blessing would be nice, though it's usefulness would still be limited to tankadins and warriors. Some kind of spell damage reduction based on BV (calculated by str for classes that don't use BV i.e DK) would fill a gap.
But looking at what blizzard have done with pallies in wrath, it's obvious they can come up with something far better than I can, just have to wait . :(
Telleryn, Vokh, Elderhorn, Mirinas, Thanaryn, Amitheya, Emareyn, Zenbaja, Mellivora, Corvas <Marmite> Draenor-EU
Dawnseeker

Postby Questioner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:06 am

It is a complete joke at the moment! :roll:
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Lemondish » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:58 am

Questioner wrote:It is a complete joke at the moment! :roll:

QFT. Given the new Divine Protection, we do not need another 'oh crap' button. The biggest issue with maintain Blessing of Sanctuary as a Blessing is that no Paladin tank will ever be capable of using it. With 10 classes and raid sizes at 25 folk, that leaves 2.5 spaces for each class. Lets round that up for 1 of each Paladin spec and you've just filled the raid with all the Blessings available. Nobody will give up Kings for Sanctuary, not even a soloing prot paladin.

So....I'm hoping for either a new Seal, or a self buff that refunds mana on blocks.
Lemondish

Postby balrogg » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Lemondish wrote:
Questioner wrote:It is a complete joke at the moment! :roll:

QFT. Given the new Divine Protection, we do not need another 'oh crap' button. The biggest issue with maintain Blessing of Sanctuary as a Blessing is that no Paladin tank will ever be capable of using it. With 10 classes and raid sizes at 25 folk, that leaves 2.5 spaces for each class. Lets round that up for 1 of each Paladin spec and you've just filled the raid with all the Blessings available. Nobody will give up Kings for Sanctuary, not even a soloing prot paladin.

So....I'm hoping for either a new Seal, or a self buff that refunds mana on blocks.

thats exactly what i had in mind, something like:

Santuary (1 point)
Inreases block [chance or value] by x% and restores 3% of your total mana upon successful blocks. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

alternatively, some sort of defensive seal, but not many ideas come to mind outside of reducing incoming damage, or restoring mana/hp.
balrogg

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:10 pm

Seal of Protection and Seal of Sacrifice were hinted as possibilities in some patch notes, but it was probably a typo/slip.

Hand of Sanctuary perhaps, a cooldown-oriented damage reduction buff? Maybe something slightly different to attract Holy/Prot builds in PvP once more (while PvE Holy will be going Holy/Ret)?

TBH I'd be fine if it was left as-is with new ranks.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Honestly, I would just be happy if sanctuary was removed, and BoK was made the 21 point talent. That would most likely solidify it as a protection only buff (well at least pretty tough to get for other specs), and it would free up a point.
jere

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:26 pm

jere wrote:Honestly, I would just be happy if sanctuary was removed, and BoK was made the 21 point talent. That would most likely solidify it as a protection only buff (well at least pretty tough to get for other specs), and it would free up a point.

I was actually thinking the same thing recently, though it does leave us without a 1 point 3rd tier talent. That doesn't bother me personally, but Blizzard does like having a single point talent on every odd tier but the first as a goal for off specs to go after.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lemondish » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:32 pm

balrogg wrote:thats exactly what i had in mind, something like:

Santuary (1 point)
Inreases block [chance or value] by x% and restores 3% of your total mana upon successful blocks. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

alternatively, some sort of defensive seal, but not many ideas come to mind outside of reducing incoming damage, or restoring mana/hp.

There was talk awhile ago of that Last Stand Seal, Seal of Protection. Each melee hit would increase max hp by 3%, stacking 10 times for 45 seconds. The judgment was to reduce the target's damage by 10%, last 10 seconds, and only refresh on Holy damage. It seemed pretty unbelievable at the time, and given the state that we are currently (bubble wall + better LoH) I don't see any reason to give us another 'oh crap' button.

Whatever it is, I hope its something wonderfully new and exciting. A new Hand or Seal spell would be the most intriguing I think.
Last edited by Lemondish on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lemondish

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:33 pm

Change BoSanct to reduce that damage post-armor, give it a higher damage on block, and make it baseline.
In it's place, the 21 pointer could be anything, really.. It could be holy shield, and in it's place, improved holy shield. Freeing up a point is pretty much the biggest buff I could get from changing bosanct without making it too powerful.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:33 pm

Lemondish wrote:Whatever it is, I hope its something wonderfully new and exciting.

Seal of Holy Furious Retributive Divinely Illuminating Justice?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:36 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Lemondish wrote:Whatever it is, I hope its something wonderfully new and exciting.

Seal of Holy Furious Retributive Divinely Illuminating Justice?
Tallent is broken. Needs reworking to have a better acronym.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to WotLK