Tanking Classes Compilation for WotLK - Last update 17 OCT

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Selinaria » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:30 pm

New feral druid talent for bears that will help them out for mitigation.

Mother Bear: Increases the attack power bonus of Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by an additional 20/40/60%, and for each friendly player in the party, damage you take while in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form is reduced by 1/2/3%

Added to the blizzard calculator just today.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druid/talents2.html
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Rasmfrackn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:34 pm

So... 12% DR for both physical and spell. Interesting.

-- also I see Natural Reaction... 6% more dodge and 3 rage on a dodge in bear form only for both effects.
Last edited by Rasmfrackn on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:35 pm

That makes for... 12% damage reduction, wtf, higher than both paladin and warriors?

That would however make up for the 0 increased armor on their gear.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Selinaria » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:44 pm

That's the way I see it Worldie, they won't have quite as high an armor total so this makes up for it. Although it does give them a pretty high passive reduction against magic too.

Also another talent I missed that was added today, 2 tiers above Mother Bear.

Natural Reaction: Increases your dodge while in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by2/4/6%, and you regenerate 1/2/3 rage everytime you dodge in Bear Form or Dire Bear Form.
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Selinaria

Postby Extermi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:56 am

Now with the newest change for Warriors announced:

# Enraged Assault redesigned, now Enraged Regeneration: You regenerate 30% of your total health over 10 sec. This ability consumes all Enrage effects and prevents any from affecting you for the full duration. Must be enraged to use. Cost 15 rage, 3 min cooldown.

Am I right to suppose that now the only tanking class that is unable to heal themselves as MT, without trinket/pot/stone use, is the Paladin ??

Now that sounds a bit contrary to lore, but well ... at least we can heal much better when nobody attacks us ;-)

Extermi
Extermi

Postby Obrimos » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:30 am

Extermi wrote:Now with the newest change for Warriors announced:

# Enraged Assault redesigned, now Enraged Regeneration: You regenerate 30% of your total health over 10 sec. This ability consumes all Enrage effects and prevents any from affecting you for the full duration. Must be enraged to use. Cost 15 rage, 3 min cooldown.

Am I right to suppose that now the only tanking class that is unable to heal themselves as MT, without trinket/pot/stone use, is the Paladin ??

Now that sounds a bit contrary to lore, but well ... at least we can heal much better when nobody attacks us ;-)

Extermi

We get a full health bar plus mana every 20 minutes now. *shrug*
Obrimos

Postby Andox » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:30 am

Well, that is pretty much sucky. Warriors get enrage from Def stance, right?
Andox

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 am

Andox wrote:Well, that is pretty much sucky. Warriors get enrage from Def stance, right?

Imp defensive stance gives them enrage whenever they DPB. With a 12 sec duration, that should be up the large majority of the time.

I was pretty amazed by this until I saw the cooldown. It's ok... I'm sure the dps warriors would've preferred the previous version.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby ScribeShanky » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:13 pm

I just noticed that all of the sudden the Shield of Righteousness tooltip reads:

Slam the target with your shield, causing Holy damage equal to 230% of your block value. This spell causes a high amount of threat.

When was that changed?
I just love it when a good keikaku comes together.
ScribeShanky

Postby quthar » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:36 pm

ScribeShanky wrote:I just noticed that all of the sudden the Shield of Righteousness tooltip reads:

Slam the target with your shield, causing Holy damage equal to 230% of your block value. This spell causes a high amount of threat.

When was that changed?

I think that's a tooltip bug related to taking shield spec. Kind of like how imp. vampiric embrace used to increase the numbers in the frozen shadowweave set bonus.

edit: nvm, aparently shield of the templar changes the tooltip. Guess I should have checked first.
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... c&start=30
quthar

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:32 am

I'm frankly confused on how you wrote the seal scalings. Maybe there's a better format to display it?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Base » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:19 am

Don't think this has been mentioned yet, but warriors are now getting a talented kind of Ret Aura reflecting 20% of shield block value on hit or block:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=58874
Base

Postby Blutreich » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:19 am

Scotthew wrote:
Code: Select all
Avenger's Shield:   680 + 0.07AP + 0.07SP
Holy Shield*:       160 + 0.05AP + 0.05SP
Consecration*:      576 + 0.32AP + 0.32SP
Seal of Veng/Cor*:  0.195AP + 0.095SP (per stack over 15sec.)
JoV/JoCor:          1 + 0.20AP + 0.32SP (+10% per stack)
Seal of Right:      (0.028AP + 0.055SP) * WS
JoR:                1 + 0.25AP + 0.40SP
SotM/SoB:           0.35WD
JotM/JoB:           0.25WD + 0.20AP + 0.32SP
Hammer of Wrath:    771 + 0.15AP + 0.15SP
Exorcism:           726 + 0.15AP + 0.15SP
Holy Wrath:         845 + 0.07AP + 0.07SP

*Needs further testing.

Thaco
US-Daggerspine
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:43 pm

A interesting information, HotR is atm usable while silenced.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 pm

Might want to update to say that HoTR has been normalized so whether the weapon is slow or fast, it's the dps and attack power that matters.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK