Judgement on the GCD not in the official patch notes.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Judgement on the GCD not in the official patch notes.

Postby Amran20 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 am

Perhaps they forgot to take the three new Judgement spells off the GCD, since they replaced the original Judgement spell? Seems likely enough, since they acknowledged that Arcane Torrent is off the GCD, so it's not like they would consider it too insignificant to put in.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:54 am

With the new 2 Min Seals? Come on..
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:55 am

Weren't the Judgements spells off the GCD in the first build, but placed on it this build? That doesn't really suggest "forgot to turn it off" to me.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Amran20 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:00 am

I don't know, perhaps. However, it seems a noteworthy exclusion, do you not agree?

Also, with 2 minute seals, I want you to think about Ret DPS, and the usage of GCDs, and how it would affect their gameplay, as opposed to 30 second seals with no Judgement GCD.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Karock » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:42 am

MMO champion has it listed in the notes now.
Karock

Postby Amran20 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:50 am

I just refreshed the main page.... still not seeing it there. And I did a Ctrl-F and searched for the words "global cooldown". Where is it?

Amran20

Postby Karock » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:54 am

Hmm actually I guess it's not listed after all.
Karock

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:31 am

Original 3 judgements were off GCD thus it looks like a intended change
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Hrm

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:03 am

They're probably playing around with it being on vs. off GCD to see how that effects output and skill rotations. Only they know if it will stay on or off next push . . . or the next, etc.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby mconeone » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:08 am

I don't really mind the change. 2 minute seals is the tradeoff, and the fact that they are so much better in the expansion makes it worthwhile.
mconeone

Postby Pizbit » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:15 am

Amran20 wrote:I don't know, perhaps. However, it seems a noteworthy exclusion, do you not agree?

Also, with 2 minute seals, I want you to think about Ret DPS, and the usage of GCDs, and how it would affect their gameplay, as opposed to 30 second seals with no Judgement GCD.

No different, before they had to re-seal(GCD) anyway on judgement, now they just don't have to worry about not-resealing if they accidentally hit judgement while in the GCD.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Return to WotLK