Remove Advertisements

Vindication comeback?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Vindication comeback?

Postby Nich » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Has anyone tested out vindication on boss mobs, lately?

The reason Heart Strike is on next swing is you want to be able to get it off before you or your allies do too much damage to an enemy. The earlier you get it off, the better. It can be renewed if it falls off too. I've seen enough people play with it to know that it can feel underwhelming, and a big part of that is because the enemy's hp bar barely moves. You have reduced what "100%" means for the enemy, not knocked it from 100% to 90%. But it is still a lot of damage.

This is going to be a pretty scary ability in PvP and it's very useful in PvE once you start fighting challenging enemies, like bosses. If you're blasting through things quickly, then there are probably a lot of abilities that seem of questionable use. (Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6&sid=1#17 )
(from the front page of mmo-champion)

If they're talking about heart strike's 20% hp redux working on bosses, it's only fair that vindication's 20% attributes redux also starts working on them :o
Nich

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:26 pm

I guarantee that doesn't work on bosses, and 20% attributes to a mob is quite different from what it means to a player.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby DeadMilliken » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:28 pm

Vindication is currently VERY BUGGY on beta.

There is a known bug and exploit that allowed 2 paladins to kill Ony in under a minute.

(*It "looks" like vindication is working in reverse on bosses...shooting them down to 10% hp after it is placed on it and expires)

If you wanna have fun playing with it, you want to use 1/2 Vindication.
DeadMilliken

Postby Strom » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Sounds to me like they MIGHT be trying to have it work on all mobs/bosses. Perhaps they will have it lower derived values on mobs that only use those opposed to primary attributes? Such as Life, attack power, etc.

Who knows, but with it being buggy it does bode well that they might be playing around with it.
Strom

Postby Nich » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:06 pm

PsiVen wrote:I guarantee that doesn't work on bosses, and 20% attributes to a mob is quite different from what it means to a player.

Oh, I know the ins and outs of why it comes up as 'immune' now in Live.

Was thinking that it'd be a nice little bit of extra utility for a ret pally, even if it doesn't remove very much at all AP or HP.
Nich

Return to WotLK