Remove Advertisements

Soloing Efficiency

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rokh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:47 pm

I enjoy Prot, leveled from 1 to 70 prot, plan to stay that way. Slow or fast be damned, i enjoy it !
Rokh

Postby Forlorn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 am

I have been playing around as prot and ret for the last few hours, well prot for the last few hours to level. Prot in prot gear trying to grind is painful. you will be OOM really fast. However prot in ret gear isnt half bad and while you wont win any records in how fast you kill something, its no where near as bad as live. You can keep pretty good mana effiency and just use judgement, HotR and SotR. DIvine Plea when needed and then good times.

Regardless of spec id recommend picking up some ret gear, while you could gear off quest rewards they arent all that great.
Forlorn

Postby d503 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:35 am

Posted this in a less than "on topic of leveling" thread:

I gotta contest here. I've decided to level prot, since it's not a race, and here's what I'm doing:

- I wear my ret gear, with the exception of Sword and Board (sword = this slow 1h "melee" weapon)
- With no buffs, I have 1905 attack power. With these stats, my white hits are about 500-600, and crits are 800-1000.
- With full buffs (BoMight, Shard of Vengeance Proc, Bloodlust Brooch) I hit about 2400 AP.
- With those full buffs, my 5 stack of Seal of Corruption ticks for 950!
- My Redoubt+Holy Shield results in me blocking 495 hits, so I basically negate all incoming melee damage.

Here's my ability sequence for leveling:
1. Seal of Corruption
2. Cpt America if I feel like it
3. Judge Wisdom (which usually procs This Quest Reward Libram)
4. HotR - Which hits for 800 or crits for 1800.
5. Holy Shield.
6. Watch 5 stack of Corruption decimate the mob. (This happens ridiculously fast when I have Reckoning procs).

This way, I end up down about 500 health or less per kill, and only about 300 mana, depending on how many procs of JoW I got.

I ran around for 30 minutes and didn't have to drink once. I do have to heal myself every once in a while...OH, btw, my crit heals are hitting for 8500 in that same gear as mentioned about :)

Any other questions re: my leveling, put 'em here :)
d503

Postby Magnusharkov » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:44 am

interesting, can you post your levelling spec
Magnusharkov

Postby Karock » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:00 am

Thanks for all the posts so far :)
Karock

Postby Makaijin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:39 am

Dorvan wrote:
Zx wrote:Yes but that requires that blizz can put that functionality into the game. While it seems pretty straight forward I would think that it is actually fairly involved.

The way I would work it is something similar to the stable master. Go to a class respective NPC with your current spec and tell him to save it thus giving you one saved spec. After respeccing to spec #2 talk to the same NPC and save that one. Voila!

swap at will between the two by changing which is active or save a new spec over one of the old ones.

From a coding perspective it shouldn't be that complicated...just change the variable storing your talent spec into an array of 2 (or more) of those variables, along with an integer saying which is the active one (for example).

I dunno, there's certainly more to it than that, but "fairly involved" is adding something like destructible buildings or passenger mounts in my book....this is just a little data structure modification plus a couple of NPCs to serve as an interface.

Even if they do put this 2 specs in, my guess is you still won't be able to switch it on the fly. Chances are you'll be forced to go back town to switch between specs, it's just that as long as you toggle between the 2 "stored" spec it doesn't have a respec cost. It's a bit like how runeforging for DK's is free, but is still forced to go back to town to access a runeforge to change them around and such.

If it did allow switching on the fly (need to be out of combat at least) then those talents like Touched and Sheath of the Light with the healing bonus from crits would become rather pointless. I'm not talking about the spell power bonus, just the healing from crits part of it. The whole point of the crit part being of any use is so you can do some sort of decent healing while out of holy spec. If you could switch on the fly then everyone could just put on their holy gear and switch to their stored holy spec. Same applies for tanks that aren't needed to tank on next pull, just switch to DPS gear and spec, no need for blizzard to make so many changes to up their damage in tank spec.
Makaijin

Postby d503 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:33 am

Magnusharkov wrote:interesting, can you post your levelling spec

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=scZx0tIx0zGgoeRhoxf

I'm 73 at the moment...next two talent points will go to Seal of the Pure, then who knows! :)
d503

Postby Ciandin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:24 am

Is it still possible to pull the entire supplicant terrace at once? Since my pally is my alt, I've been thinking of just parking him up there for the first few days and logging on for 5 minutes at a time to gain some exp while questing on my main.
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:25 am

Ciandin wrote:Is it still possible to pull the entire supplicant terrace at once? Since my pally is my alt, I've been thinking of just parking him up there for the first few days and logging on for 5 minutes at a time to gain some exp while questing on my main.

Yes I am not sure why that would would change.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Karock » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 am

However the experience gap* from 59-60 was much much smaller than 60-61 even before the 2.3 reduction, so likely the experience gained by them would be pretty sad compared to what you would get from simply heading to the new zones and questing there.
Karock

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:44 pm

Makaijin wrote:Even if they do put this 2 specs in, my guess is you still won't be able to switch it on the fly. Chances are you'll be forced to go back town to switch between specs, it's just that as long as you toggle between the 2 "stored" spec it doesn't have a respec cost. It's a bit like how runeforging for DK's is free, but is still forced to go back to town to access a runeforge to change them around and such.

Yeah. Heck, just ensuring that you were in a "rest" state (capitol city, inn) would be enough: it means you have to be at town when you do it, but you can still respec before any given instance.
Kelaan

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 pm

Ciandin wrote:Is it still possible to pull the entire supplicant terrace at once? Since my pally is my alt, I've been thinking of just parking him up there for the first few days and logging on for 5 minutes at a time to gain some exp while questing on my main.

There are probably several other tankadins and frost mages on your server who are thinking the exact same thing. Worth while to try it, yes, but I'm not expecting it to work well.
Kelaan

Postby Truelight » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:12 am

well i am about 3/4 of the way to 71 and i have had to drink 1 time after i died from a fall :).

I can killed 10-12 mobs or so before my mana gets to less then 20% then i just solo 1 mob with seal and blessing of wiz and i am back to full mana.
Truelight

Postby Broberg » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:37 pm

I read that SoW and SoL wont procc more then one time every 4 sec or so. Doesn't this make us worse at aoeing lots of mobs? ;<
Broberg

Postby Andryana » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:07 pm

Broberg wrote:I read that SoW and SoL wont procc more then one time every 4 sec or so. Doesn't this make us worse at aoeing lots of mobs? ;<

It's the judgement i think, not the seal.
Andryana

Previous

Return to WotLK