Remove Advertisements

Shield of Righteousness

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Forlorn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:13 pm

Base as in naked?

ok, without any gear with int on it I have 5163 mana.

Alright so i have been questing a bit now using sword and board in ret gear while prot. It is a TON better then trying to do it in live. Its not as good as ret for killing but I would say its viable to do.
Forlorn

Postby Forlorn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 pm

Another nice little bit. Seals proc off of HotR so youll get a bit extra damage with each use. They do not proc off of SotR though.
Forlorn

Postby Equitas » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:59 pm

Forlorn wrote:Another nice little bit. Seals proc off of HotR so youll get a bit extra damage with each use. They do not proc off of SotR though.

What the fu.? seriously, how insanely awesome is that?

Do multitarget seals also proc? Ie 3x SoR procs with hammer on 3 mobs?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Forlorn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:01 am

Equitas wrote:Do multitarget seals also proc? Ie 3x SoR procs with hammer on 3 mobs?

Yes

Forlorn

Postby d503 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:31 am

Forlorn wrote:Oh one other thing, if things stay the way they are now and you plan to be questing while leveling, go ret. Prot just has no mana regen when attempting to do quests and you are going to be drinking alot. Ret on the other hand never really runs oom and even if you do get low bust out Divine Plea (50% of max mana returned over 6 seconds, channeled, 5 min cooldown) puts them right back up with never needing to drink.

I gotta contest here. I've decided to level prot, since it's not a race, and here's what I'm doing:

- I wear my ret gear, with the exception of Sword and Board (sword = slow 1h "melee" weapon)
- With no buffs, I have 1905 attack power. With these stats, my white hits are about 500-600, and crits are 800-1000.
- With full buffs (BoMight, Shard of Vengeance Proc, Bloodlust Brooch) I hit about 2400 AP.
- With those full buffs, my 5 stack of Seal of Corruption ticks for 950!
- My Redoubt+Holy Shield results in me blocking 495 hits, so I basically negate all incoming melee damage.

Here's my ability sequence for leveling:
1. Seal of Corruption
2. Cpt America if I feel like it
3. Judge Wisdom (which usually procs This Quest Reward Libram)
4. HotR - Which hits for 800 or crits for 1800.
5. Holy Shield.
6. Watch 5 stack of Corruption decimate the mob. (This happens ridiculously fast when I have Reckoning procs).

This way, I end up down about 500 health or less per kill, and only about 300 mana, depending on how many procs of JoW I got.

I ran around for 30 minutes and didn't have to drink once. I do have to heal myself every once in a while...OH, btw, my crit heals are hitting for 8500 in that same gear as mentioned about :)

Any other questions re: my leveling, put 'em here :)
d503

Postby Noradin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:55 am

Forlorn wrote:
Equitas wrote:Do multitarget seals also proc? Ie 3x SoR procs with hammer on 3 mobs?

Yes

That would mean we can stack SoV on three mobs?
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Noradin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:56 am

Forlorn wrote:

Yes

That would mean we can stack SoV on three mobs? Or even more since the debuff lasts 18s and we can use HotR every 6s.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Equitas » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:00 am

Noradin wrote:
Forlorn wrote:

Yes

That would mean we can stack SoV on three mobs? Or even more since the debuff lasts 18s and we can use HotR every 6s.

DING DING DING

See why warriors are crying :D warriors aoe tanking my ass :D

EDIT:

Does it proc EVERYTIME you use hammer or just a certain percent chance?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 am

Noradin wrote:
Forlorn wrote:

Yes

That would mean we can stack SoV on three mobs?

Yeah also in the new updated patch notes, this just makes this ability keep looking better and better.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Karock » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:21 am

So the MMO patch notes say seals can now proc off of weapon attacks... does this apply to Shield of the Righteous? (preferably don't answer if you don't have access to the ability and have tested after this push)

I know that currently warrior shield bash shares many "weapon mechanic" effects such as proccing weapon "on hit" abilities as well as "on hit" enchantments on that weapon, however, it is also usable while disarmed (it uses unarmed weapon skill at that point). As well, who knows if they've changed it's hit mechanics too?
Karock

Postby Forlorn » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:38 am

I tried several times last night to get seals to proc of SotR and it just doesnt happen.

I was trying your SoCor/Ven thing and yeah stuff dies fast but ret is still faster. However as I said before i think the speed with which we can kill now is "acceptable" as opposed to "/wrists"
Forlorn

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:48 am

Well abusing of bugged JoJ is cheating imo
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Boldbeard » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm

That is great news guys. Hope it stays that way...or maybe even gets tweaked upward....like SotR procing seals. Ever notice that when you get disarmed, it looks like you're swinging with a shield???...I'm sure that's just graphic though.
Rexxar, 70 Prot (spec in flux)
Boldbeard

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:28 pm

Boldbeard wrote:That is great news guys. Hope it stays that way...or maybe even gets tweaked upward....like SotR procing seals. Ever notice that when you get disarmed, it looks like you're swinging with a shield???...I'm sure that's just graphic though.

Whenever I get disarmed I just punch stuff with my free hand.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:29 pm

Equitas wrote:warriors aoe tanking my ass :D

that sounds uncomfortable

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK