Remove Advertisements

So how will they handle..

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So how will they handle..

Postby lusisia » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:55 am

the release of the new talents? I wasn't around for TBC launch since I'm a tbc baby. I heard or thought I read something about new talents being made available before the release of the expansion but how do they handle something like the complete revamp of our trees?

Do the just wipe all the talents points spent and let us start over? Or do they give us a free respec? Seems to me that a free respec wouldn't work since so much of our tree has moved around. It might make sense just to wipe all the talent points for all the pallies?
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:56 am

Yeah, they'll do a complete talent reset when they upgrade the game to 3.0.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am

Pretty much like they did everytime there was a significant change to the talent trees, they'll wipe all talent trees and give a free respec.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am

I'm not sure if they'll release the new talents before Wrath this time tho. I read a couple times around here that they regret doing that. I guess nothing changes till we get Wrath to play with, and then our talents will go poof so we can spec.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby SmurfZG » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:57 am

They usually wipe all points yes.
SmurfZG

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:01 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I'm not sure if they'll release the new talents before Wrath this time tho. I read a couple times around here that they regret doing that. I guess nothing changes till we get Wrath to play with, and then our talents will go poof so we can spec.

They'll still have to upgrade the game client to 3.0 around the time of the Wrath launch, so that people who don't install on launch are still playing a compatible version. So people who don't get the expansion at launch will still get the new talents and spells, but no Northrend, no levelling past 70 and no starting a DK.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Return to WotLK