Remove Advertisements

Touched by the light secondary use

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Touched by the light secondary use

Postby Sark » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Is it just me or is the secondary part of touched by the light a bit weak?

I recognize that it is primarily to help with threat, but the secondary effect is clearly for those times when you are helping off heal.

The retribution talent that mirrors ours (sheath of light) makes more sense, since melee and spell crit are merging ret should see that hot proc-ing quite often.

Since our intellect will be (presumably) quite low and there won't be much crit on our gear, I think the secondary function should be changed to something that would be more useful.
Sark

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

It's more so that we can use healing plate, which normally has a lot of +crit in fights where we don't tank. At the moment, most tankadin healing sets have a lot of mail and leather with lots of mp5 on it.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Vorps » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:56 pm

Unless tanking gear has crit on it, I'm thinking this talent would serve better if it was just a percent increase to healing. Heals doing say 30% more always would be quite useful for healing in tanking gear. That would be the optimal situation imo, not having to swap gear.

Of course you get into other problems, like mana pool and mana regen. I'd rather we just never have to heal, period. That would be most optimal.

Dual-spec system needs to be implemented already!
Vorps

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Vorps wrote:Of course you get into other problems, like mana pool and mana regen. I'd rather we just never have to heal, period. That would be most optimal.

Some Tankadins like the utility of strapping on a healing set when not tanking. It's not optimal sure, but I don't begrudge them a secondary part of a useful talent to help them.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:37 am

LoH + 30% Extra Crit + Warlock with the +20% (or so) extra Healing. That is big Crits :roll:
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby jere » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:45 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:LoH + 30% Extra Crit + Warlock with the +20% (or so) extra Healing. That is big Crits :roll:

Use it while tanking the red beam on Netherspite and cross your fingers!
jere

Postby Vorps » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:28 pm

Hmm.. the implications for usage with LoH could be pretty huge for burst threat. I think LoH is coded to ignore the rule that over-healing doesn't count towards threat. With the changes to LoH not costing your entire mana bar, it could be a pretty decent use of the skill.
Vorps

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Vorps wrote:Hmm.. the implications for usage with LoH could be pretty huge for burst threat. I think LoH is coded to ignore the rule that over-healing doesn't count towards threat. With the changes to LoH not costing your entire mana bar, it could be a pretty decent use of the skill.

LoH may ignore the innate pally threat reduction, but I highly doubt it counts the overheal, that really wouldn't make sense. It should be easy enough to test though.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Suwtoo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Pretty sure it doesn't count overheals for threat. Also pretty sure that the 56k crit LoH i got on the warrior about 5 seconds into Reliquary of Souls phase 2 would have made me the new tank if it did.
Suwtoo

Return to WotLK