30% block Value vs 5% parry?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

30% block Value vs 5% parry?

Postby Eltiana » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:49 am

Overall my WotLK spec is coming down to either 8 points for shield spec or 10 points for deflection. This is all assuming Shield spec will be buffed to include BV from strength of course.

Essentially my build looks like this so far with the points in Spell Warding possibly going into Reckoning instead.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZE0zhxcdMgqeoGo

Opinions? Because lets face it....wasting a total of 10 talent points to get both....really isn't worth it :?
Eltiana

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:26 pm

So far I'm keeping both at the expense of pretty much every threat talent, even if SS doesn't include strength. I'm still not convinced that SBV as a stat is going away, and even if it's only on tier gear there won't be a gap for me due to Sunwell pieces.

Redoubt isn't bad overall, so the only waste to me is Benediction. Here's to hoping the talents get more streamlined...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:26 pm

The answer will simply be "It depends on what avoidance levels we can get up to in the expansion."

The more avoidance you have the more valuable the next piece of avoidance becomes.

That said: I wouldn't expect to see SS buffed.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Return to WotLK