Remove Advertisements

Paladins, Blizzard, and Arthas... Right of Passage?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:56 am

uke wrote:Leave it to a wicked blood elf to twist lore to justify his/her acts of shame.

"Hey, all the good guys were kinda bad (who cares if that's true or not), so it's OK if we're bad as well!"

And yes, I'm having fun with this :wink:

hehe

well, Uther is so nice he'd probably forgive us for the deeds that people unrightfully accuse us of having done...all at the end of a long and impressive questchain ofc!

...and then we'll be members of the silver hand aswell, even though we actually burned down the chapel that the silver hand was founded in (oops, hehe)!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby iliya » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:56 am

Arjuna wrote:

Why not...it's what blizzard does? :P

anyway, I doubt they'd have time...Mal'ganis started to turn them into undead before you could raze the first house if I don't remember wrongly...

Still, it's one thing when Blizzard does it, it's another when people who are not Blizzard spread fallacies to support their argument.

As an example: Horde apologists try to paint humanity as the bigger bad guys when they placed the orcs in interment camps, while conveniently forgetting that the orcs would have slaughtered every single man, woman, and child had they won the second war.

Another example:
The BElves say the Alliance abandoned them to the Scourge, while completely forgetting that the High Elves left the Alliance long before the Scourge hit. Henceforth, the alliance was under no obligation to come to their aid, since they were so confident in their forests protecting them.

Furthermore, King Terenas was murdered by Arthas, and most likely, along with the rest of the Alliance High Command. The resulting confusion not only allowed Arthas and his forces to move through Lorderon with impunity, but it allowed them to completely decimate Dalaran, the Silver Hand, and the rest of the population. So, in short, the BElves' blaming the Alliance is just them trying to find a scapegoat for their behavior, instead of admitting they were in the wrong.
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:57 am

iliya wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

Why not...it's what blizzard does? :P

anyway, I doubt they'd have time...Mal'ganis started to turn them into undead before you could raze the first house if I don't remember wrongly...

Still, it's one thing when Blizzard does it, it's another when people who are not Blizzard spread fallacies to support their argument.

As an example: Horde apologists try to paint humanity as the bigger bad guys when they placed the orcs in interment camps, while conveniently forgetting that the orcs would have slaughtered every single man, woman, and child had they won the second war.

Another example:
The BElves say the Alliance abandoned them to the Scourge, while completely forgetting that the High Elves left the Alliance long before the Scourge hit. Henceforth, the alliance was under no obligation to come to their aid, since they were so confident in their forests protecting them.

Furthermore, King Terenas was murdered by Arthas, and most likely, along with the rest of the Alliance High Command. The resulting confusion not only allowed Arthas and his forces to move through Lorderon with impunity, but it allowed them to completely decimate Dalaran, the Silver Hand, and the rest of the population. So, in short, the BElves' blaming the Alliance is just them trying to find a scapegoat for their behavior, instead of admitting they were in the wrong.

we don't need anymore scapegoats, we have Garithos...
Arjuna

Postby theshard » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:59 am

iliya wrote:I repeat:
The BElves already got their own tabard after burning down a church and killing some innocent people. I don't see why they deserve a tabard of the Silver Hand, let alone association.

Hey, that church was falling over anyway. Think of all the potential innocents we saved by preventing it from collapsing during a service.
theshard

Postby iliya » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:59 am

Arjuna wrote:

While an idiot and a bigot, he was also under the control of a Dreadlord. Try again.
iliya

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:01 pm

iliya wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

While an idiot and a bigot, he was also under the control of a Dreadlord. Try again.

...not when WE learned to hate him! :)

that was later
Arjuna

Postby Andryana » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:03 pm

iliya wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

While an idiot and a bigot, he was also under the control of a Dead Lord. Try again.

He wasn't at the point he screwed the belfs, only later.

And guys.. look at the sunwell thing, we are good guys now.. everyone loves belfs!

*group hug
Andryana

Postby iliya » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Andryana wrote:
iliya wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

While an idiot and a bigot, he was also under the control of a Dead Lord. Try again.

And guys.. look at the sunwell thing, we are good guys now.. everyone loves belfs!

*group hug

Eww! Fel Cooties! Don't touch me!
iliya

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:08 pm

iliya wrote:
Andryana wrote:
iliya wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

*group hug

<vibrocuddles>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Obrimos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:12 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
iliya wrote:
Andryana wrote:
iliya wrote:
Arjuna wrote:

*group hug

<vibrocuddles>

/jealous

I want me some of those.
Obrimos

Postby iliya » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:<vibrocuddles>

*MEET A FIST!*

*BZZT*

'You kill my dog!'
iliya

Postby Corlas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:46 pm

I think it would be awesome if they put some more RP into the game. For example if you have your "Knight of the Silver Hand" title enabled, you can't attack opposite faction Paladins with their "Knight of the Silver Hand" turned on. And if you turn yours off, and kill too many Knights of the Silver Hand in PvP, you get your title revoked.
Corlas

Postby sahiel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:09 pm

iliya wrote:besides, the BElves already got their tabard, after burning down a church and killing a few innocent people.

Ahhh.... fun times, fun times! :twisted: :P
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby agamemnoch » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:30 pm

iliya wrote:I repeat:
The BElves already got their own tabard after burning down a church and killing some innocent people. I don't see why they deserve a tabard of the Silver Hand, let alone association.

Fine,

Give Alliance Paladins sole access to the Silver Hand tabard.....but make it bright frickin' pink to match their spinning disco mace.
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby Sharlos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:43 pm

On a related note, holymightstone has actually become useful for tanking vs undead (arthas).
Sharlos

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK