Taunt overlooked?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Candiru » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm

I think what would be cool would be for a 21pointer instead of BoSanc:

Sanctified Challenge: 2min CD, range:melee
For the next 10s all members of your party/raid are immune to all damage from the target and it is immune to all of their damage.

You are immune to all damage except from the target. Your attacks cause no damage except to the target.

Causes you to drop agro from everything other than the target, and forces it to attack you since everything else is immune, and it would work in PvP too! You would both be encased in some form of giant bubble for the duration.

Might be rather overpowered, but bosses would be immune like for normal taunt.
Candiru

Postby lesurk » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 am

Dorvan wrote:Yeah, I think our taunt is a reasonable tradeoff in terms of positives and negatives. Only thing I'd like to see is it's mana cost removed, and maybe taken off the GCD. A rage-starved warrior can at least taunt to take a couple hits and get going again. A mana-starved Paladin (I'm looking at you, Blackheart :evil: ) can only try whacking away at a JoW that's hopefully up while wishing their mana pot would get off cooldown.

Maybe there's a dev that reads maintankadin :D

Righteous Defense no longer costs mana and the global cooldown has been removed.
lesurk

Postby Afraithe » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 am

Actually I posted it on the WOTLK forum as well a few days ago.
Afraithe

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:19 am

Candiru wrote:I think what would be cool would be for a 21pointer instead of BoSanc:

Sanctified Challenge: 2min CD, range:melee
For the next 10s all members of your party/raid are immune to all damage from the target and it is immune to all of their damage.

You are immune to all damage except from the target. Your attacks cause no damage except to the target.

Causes you to drop agro from everything other than the target, and forces it to attack you since everything else is immune, and it would work in PvP too! You would both be encased in some form of giant bubble for the duration.

Might be rather overpowered, but bosses would be immune like for normal taunt.

Sounds a little too wonky for me. I am not even sure where to begin with this one.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Caelia » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:58 pm

Righteous Defense no longer costs mana and the global cooldown has been removed.

So, does this mean this is able to be cast while silenced since it no longer has a mana cost?

And maybe, just maybe the cooldown will be reduced to 10 seconds! or least be able to make it talented to be reduced to below 15 seconds.

ex tie it in with redoubt to make it extra worth it so:

Redoubt (5 Points): Damaging melee and ranged attacks have a 10% chance to increase your chance to block by 6/12/18/24/30%. Last 10 seconds or 5 blocks. Also reduces the cooldown on Righteous Defense by 1/2/3/4/5 seconds.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:00 pm

I beleive I saw a post that said no it cannot be cast while silenced.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:03 pm

Um. A simple mocking blow style taunt would be an awesome addition to our stable. Honestly Consecration and Righteous Defense is a bigass AOE taunt on it's own.

Don't over-complicate things imo.

On the subject of Consecration. L-O-freaking-L at me doing more per consecration tick right now in full ret gear then I do in my tanking gear with the AP change. (PS 75 tomorrow night [raid in boringwow at 8pm :(]) so the real testing begins this weekend.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Jonlo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:13 pm

Mortehl wrote:Um. A simple mocking blow style taunt would be an awesome addition to our stable. Honestly Consecration and Righteous Defense is a bigass AOE taunt on it's own.

On the subject of Consecration. L-O-freaking-L at me doing more per consecration tick right now in full ret gear then I do in my tanking gear with the AP change. (PS 75 tomorrow night [raid in boringwow at 8pm :(]) so the real testing begins this weekend.

THIS JUST IN:
Retribution does more damage than Protection! More at 11!
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:19 pm

Jonlo wrote:
Mortehl wrote:Um. A simple mocking blow style taunt would be an awesome addition to our stable. Honestly Consecration and Righteous Defense is a bigass AOE taunt on it's own.

THIS JUST IN:

THIS JUST IN:
Wise ass makes unneeded remark! More at 12!

I found it ironic because the kind of consecration ticks I'm getting in my ret gear would be retarded on live for tanking.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Jonlo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 pm

Mortehl wrote:
Jonlo wrote:

THIS JUST IN:

THIS JUST IN:
Wise ass makes unneeded remark! More at 12!

I found it ironic because the kind of consecration ticks I'm getting in my ret gear would be retarded on live for tanking.

Leave my ass out of this!
How much is your Ret Aura hitting for? (with standard farming buffs like Vengeance up, ect)
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:31 pm

I can get some crazy devastate crits in my fury set, too!11!!one!

But yeah, consolidating skills to function off AP and/or spellpower was overdue. It makes sense that stacking damage stats should increase damage, and gear that has itemization points spent in defensive skills should do lower damage. I'll agree - it's ironic that it took that long to make something so logical happen.

EDIT: Heh, given the STR->Block Value conversion, I assume I'll make a similar observation when I crack something with a shield slam for more than base damage in fury gear.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to WotLK