Taunt overlooked?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Taunt overlooked?

Postby Afraithe » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:23 am

Changes to Prot looks really "fun", however I feel one area is overlooked, we have a 15 second taunt and still no backup, a major flaw imo (unless our tps is through the roof).
Afraithe

Postby Aerien » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:25 am

Hand of Salvation could be a form of Mocking Blow. I know its not going to guarantee giving you aggro back, but it'll hit a hell of a lot more times than Mocking and is a bit more permanent.
Aerien

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:26 am

we have hand of salvation and hand of protection...not as good but still ok...

but, yeah, if they ever implement another mob that acts like the melee trash at gruul I'm finding the devs houses and burning them down!!!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:27 am

I'm hoping they can make our taunt at least a little bit more reliable in WotLK, but otherwise I'm not too worried about it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:39 am

15sec taunt is an acceptable weakness IMO, but the unreliability is annoying. If you target RD on a mob it should taunt that mob regardless of any other status, and then taunt 2 more mobs off whatever it happens to be targeting. Actually I'd be happy if it acted as a single-target taunt if you target a mob.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Aerien » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 am

I don't mind the length of it anymore. Since I'm such a lazy bum, I never walk to mobs anymore...I just let em run through everyone cleaving noobs in its way.

Definitely worth 15 secs to see that stuff again.
Last edited by Aerien on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aerien

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:47 am

PsiVen wrote:15sec taunt is an acceptable weakness IMO, but the unreliability is annoying. If you target RD on a mob it should taunt that mob regardless of any other status, and then taunt 2 more mobs off whatever it happens to be targeting. Actually I'd be happy if it acted as a single-target taunt if you target a mob.

While I agree that not having a single target taunt sucks.....

Doing this would be equally bad since most macros where based around target of target and to further it the vast majority of paladins are used to the functionality of targeting what they want to taunt and picking up extra off it.

(*if I see mobs shooting off I target the first one I see instead of figuring out which dps pulled.)
DeadMilliken

Postby Khayne » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:48 am

PsiVen wrote:15sec taunt is an acceptable weakness IMO, but the unreliability is annoying. If you target RD on a mob it should taunt that mob regardless of any other status, and then taunt 2 more mobs off whatever it happens to be targeting. Actually I'd be happy if it acted as a single-target taunt if you target a mob.

This.

If that was coupled with the increasing amounts of +hit we´ll prob. want now would make it quite reliable. Then we´d still have the weakness of only being able to taunt once every 15 secs, but attleast it wouldn´t just vanish like it sometimes now does.
Khayne

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:49 am

taunt is fine l2p
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Soltyr » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:52 am

My guess is a glyph will reduce our taunt CD.
Just look how many interesting glyphs is taking druid.
I wonder the paladin ones...
Soltyr

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:59 am

Yeah, I think our taunt is a reasonable tradeoff in terms of positives and negatives. Only thing I'd like to see is it's mana cost removed, and maybe taken off the GCD. A rage-starved warrior can at least taunt to take a couple hits and get going again. A mana-starved Paladin (I'm looking at you, Blackheart :evil: ) can only try whacking away at a JoW that's hopefully up while wishing their mana pot would get off cooldown.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:15 pm

DeadMilliken wrote:

While I agree that not having a single target taunt sucks.....

Doing this would be equally bad since most macros where based around target of target and to further it the vast majority of paladins are used to the functionality of targeting what they want to taunt and picking up extra off it.

(*if I see mobs shooting off I target the first one I see instead of figuring out which dps pulled.)

Change your macro to alt-click direct cast, normal click ToT cast. I know I will have to come up with a new macro if the mechanics change, because currently it's normal click to taunt friendly or HoW enemy, alt-click to taunt ToT.

While it would be neat if there was, say, a glyph to make it a single target taunt on a lower CD or remove the mana cost, I'd rather the ability just worked intuitively on the baseline.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:18 pm

wow who clicks taunt
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Aerien » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:20 pm

lol i have it bound with clique to mouse 4 and wait for a red square to pop up on grid...i call it taunt-a-mole.
Aerien

Postby roosevelt » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:23 pm

I saw on MMO chamption some sample inscriptions, one was +8% hit chance for druid's taunt.

Hopefully we can get something similar so every 15 sec we have a guaranteed taunt, or perhaps an inscription to lower the CD.
roosevelt

Next

Return to WotLK