Remove Advertisements

LoL - They nerfed Ret hard.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Teloc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:40 am

Worldie wrote:You can use it now to dispel stuns on your team mates. Hi, no more healer stunlocked?

They are making retri a very viable pvp tree.

Don't forget if you get stunned, you can also HoF yourself out of it now.
Teloc

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:42 am

Diminishing Return + cooldowns. Getting your healer out of that Kidney shot means he's going to heal during those 5 seconds where else he'd have be stunned, and the next Cheap shot if the rogue vanish+cs will last 2 seconds only due to the DR of the previous one not yet ended.
And the healer can eventually trinket out of it.

See what i mean there?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Teloc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:44 am

Its a stun break on a 24second cooldown, castable on others..Its like blink on crack without the bugs.
Teloc

Postby Kayoto » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:48 am

It is a very significant PVP buff, but I feel bad for PVE retadins. They should've just made it a higher proc rate, but only 10-15% damage increase on the next judgement.

Oh well, PVP retadin rape train without brakes, ahoy!
Kayoto

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:50 am

Tbh PvE retri is fine as it is now.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vencedor » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:54 am

Elsie wrote:
You can use it now to dispel stuns on your team mates. Hi, no more healer stunlocked?

Except 50% the time they're out of LOS or about to get hit with another stun. It does nothing to stunlock since it doesn't prevent the next stun.

If they're out of LoS that's either their fault or the Paladin's for not being aware of their surroundings in arena.

And yes, it is effective against a stunlock (speaking as a Rogue). Just wait til Cheap Shot fades and the 4-5 point Kidney Shot is used and break the stun then. Saves your partner having to use their trinket, which is often the make or break decision in arena games.
Vencedor

Postby Angella » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:54 am

I loled at a few of these comments. Just because its not live and because it was OP doesn't mean its not a nerf.

Ret burst was higher than it is now in beta. Its worth mentioning and it is a nerf.

Can't say if ret is ok or not without playing it myself. I still lean on the pessimistic side though.
Angella

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:56 am

Angella wrote:I loled at a few of these comments. Just because its not live and because it was OP doesn't mean its not a nerf.

Ret burst was higher than it is now in beta. Its worth mentioning and it is a nerf.

Can't say if ret is ok or not without playing it myself. I still lean on the pessimistic side though.

letting people do 17k+ crits on mobs is rather silly...

it was kinda obvious something was going to happen to that talent...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Angella » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:58 am

[/quote]

letting people do 17k+ crits on mobs is rather silly...

it was kinda obvious something was going to happen to that talent...[/quote]

They basically dropped dps burst by 50% and added a good degree of utility. Sounds a little excessive.
Angella

Postby Teloc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:05 am

There was a SS of a ret pally doing a 21k Judgment, so..we nerf that in half..and we still have a 10.5k judgment. 21k would one shot a tank...thats retarded. Everyone knew that wasn't going to go threw and it would be changed.
Teloc

Postby Ahms » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:16 am

Angella wrote:I loled at a few of these comments. Just because its not live and because it was OP doesn't mean its not a nerf.

no matter what adjustment they would do to tone it down, you'd still be hearing 'nerfed' cries, even though it was more than op

now, if there was no art of war to begin with, i'm sure the complainers would be content with judgments hitting for 10k
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby Macha » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:36 am

Angella wrote:Ret burst was higher than it is now in beta. Its worth mentioning and it is a nerf.

Show me 10k judgement crits in life then. Ret burst in beta is far higher than it ever was, even with the talent fixed.
Macha

Postby Arthaal » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:38 am

I think we all need to look at our WoW dictionaries: nerfing means to retune downards. This is a nerf. I'm not commenting on whether or not it was deserved/required because I think everyone saw it coming, but a look at the deep ret tree now shows 2 very underwhelming talents just sitting there.

Art of War I predict being not nearly as useful in arenas as some of you seem to think it will be. Stun lock will remain because it depends on multiple sources of applied CC to really function well as is (with trinketing/CC break abilities). Since it doesn't protect from stuns for any amount of time after being applied (and will be dispelled on sight anyways) it's not going to help your poor healer get another heal off if the opposing team is really trying... except maybe in 2s where fewer sources of CC exist.

Righteous Vengeance... just garbage. Wording is misleadingly good sounding: 25% increase to the bonus modifier to a crit... i.e. 12.5% increase. Also, with cooldowns being what they are, judging may fall to third in line for priority, so a deep talent affecting your number 2 and 3 abilities and ignoring your 1st seems like kind of a kick in the teeth (or like a T6 bonus affecting an ability you never use).

EDIT: to clarify. it's 5 points to get +12.5% net damage to 2 abilities that represent maybe 25% of our net damage output. Take the equivalent DK talents: +10% to all their damage to a

a) target if they're above 75% health.
b) target under the influence of one of their icy debuffs.
c) diseased target (which really could be read as, if you've been attacking it, it's getting +10% damage).

Overpowered I don't want, comparable for the tree position I do.
Last edited by Arthaal on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Infusion of Light: Light's Grace v2.0 - but random.
Arthaal

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:42 am

one thing to discuss is that:

if it haven't been implemented in live...isnt it just a fix to a talent still under beta testing?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Mehnalas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:42 am

It was kind of needed. Doing that much damage so fast...it would be like a warrior or something!

Also has anyone noticed the crazy amounts of people browsing the forum on that fancy listy thingy?
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK