Remove Advertisements

FRREEEEEEE MAAAAANNAAAAAA + Consecrate & AP

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:01 am

Whimsy wrote:You hear that sound?

It's the sound of a million alchemists screaming.

Not really....pots were not that good of a money maker...The real money was in flasks.

(*On my server, mats cost more than the hp/mana pot they produce...if you don't proc you are losing money)
DeadMilliken

Postby Arthran » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:05 am

i currently waiting to see what happens with alchemyst stones and the new trainable alch buff to decide whether to drop alch now
Arthran

Postby Sartor » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 am

Guys, don't forget now mana regens IN-COMBAT slowly over time. The 5 sec rule is still there - just then the mana is regenerated at much faster rate.

Here is example of the energy regen: http://vimeo.com/1427758

The mana regen is the same, the 5 sec rule is like adrenaline rush. :)

If somebody in the beta could show a sample movie, phlz :P
Last edited by Sartor on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sartor

Postby Chunes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:09 am

i laughed really hard at that.
Chunes

Postby Teloc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:10 am

With Consecrate picking up AP, it looks like we really don't need that Spelldmg weapon now for AOE packs. Though it wouldn't hurt to have one for healing...but not "MUST HAVE NOW!"
Teloc

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:12 am

Chunes wrote:

But the herbalists will be ok.. they will be selling herbs to the inscriptionists...

Money-making tip.. start gathering low-level herbs, and stock them. Wait for 3.0 or WOTLK, and control the market as a couple hundred people try to power-level inscriptionism.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teloc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:15 am

halabar wrote:
Chunes wrote:

But the herbalists will be ok.. they will be selling herbs to the inscriptionists...

Money-making tip.. start gathering low-level herbs, and stock them. Wait for 3.0 or WOTLK, and control the market as a couple hundred people try to power-level inscriptionism.

Sush, i don't need people pickin my herbs that i'm stockpilling to power-level my own inscriptions.
Teloc

Postby Levantine » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:16 am

Sartor wrote:Guys, don't forget now mana regens IN-COMBAT slowly over time. The 5 sec rule is still there - just then the mana is regenerated at much faster rate.

Mana ALWAYS regenned in combat. For any DPS caster, you're not going to sit outside of the FSR. I'm pretty sure the only healers that will are going to be Priests, but that's nothing new, since even now I spend about 30% of any given fight regenning at my 900mp5 outside the FSR. Clearcasting + Innerfocus is OP.
Levantine

Postby Whimsy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:19 am

DeadMilliken wrote:

Not really....pots were not that good of a money maker...The real money was in flasks.

(*On my server, mats cost more than the hp/mana pot they produce...if you don't proc you are losing money)

True for most 'commodity' potions. But not so much for the rare or hard to get recipes.

I've been selling Super Rejuvpots to raiding warlocks for 9g each for a long time now. I'm constantly getting undercut by alchemists who don't know any better, but demand exceeds supply so I make a nice profit.

Anyway, hopefully this will be a sign that they will significantly buff the effect of potions.
Whimsy

Postby Vacalline » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:36 am

Consecration scale with AP now? Will our "old" (badge gear, t4&t5&t6 etc.) gear still be useful while atleast levelling through WotLK then? Will Consectration scale the same with spelldamage as it does right now?

And would it be worth to get a slow hitting 1-hander as soon as possible when WotLK comes? (Either from a quest, or from something else that is available right now)
Vacalline

Postby Vacalline » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:39 am

Nevermind, questions got answered in the "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED (Preparing for WotLK)" thread. :p
Vacalline

Postby Maethoriel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:01 am

Sartor wrote:Guys, don't forget now mana regens IN-COMBAT slowly over time. The 5 sec rule is still there - just then the mana is regenerated at much faster rate.

Code: Select all
Video not found
Hey, wha' happen? The video you're looking for has been deleted, or it never existed in the first place. Life is like that sometimes. But…

Mage, Priest, Druid have abilities to allow % of the reggen that would happen outside of the 5SR, to continue while beeing in 5SR.
Since I could not watch the video, if the classes were one of the above and they were actually in combat, it's nothing new.
Maethoriel

Postby Arcand » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:35 am

The sound is muffled, though, because every alchemist is buried under a six meter thick mound of my gold.
Arcand

Previous

Return to WotLK