Remove Advertisements

Skipping Redoubt and Shield Spec.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Skipping Redoubt and Shield Spec.

Postby Chevalier » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:30 am

No, I am not one of those people that think Redoubt is worthless. It's an excellent talent in aoe situations.

But it's become obvious now that Divine Strength is a talent worth getting...and that and Anticipation allows us to go to tier 3 without getting Redoubt.

Also, Shield Spec will become a meh talent...because apparently the BV from Str won't be counted with this talent. It's also looking like the only BV we will have is from our shield, which will make Shield Specialization merely an OK talent.

Also, Holy Shield with Improved Holy Shield has been upped to 10 charges, with a new cooldown of 8 seconds, which may make redoubt not as valuable as it used to be.

What do you guys think?
Chevalier

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:33 am

As said in one of the other threads Shield Spec will be changed to include strength IMO.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Re: Skipping Redoubt and Shield Spec.

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:34 am

Chevalier wrote:What do you guys think?

If they indeed don't make Shield spec Work on str-based bv, Shield spec is gone bye bye. Unless shields have an insane zomwtfbbq amount of BV, which I doubt.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Teloc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:40 am

PsiVen wrote:As said in one of the other threads Shield Spec will be changed to include strength IMO.

Eh, i'm kinda hoping it doesn't so it would be a good leveling talent, but end game something that you can drop.
Teloc

Postby Chevalier » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:54 am

PsiVen wrote:As said in one of the other threads Shield Spec will be changed to include strength IMO.

Well...it isn't atm
and it would be a good way to phase out the +10% BV meta gem, otherwise that thing'll be around forever (blizzard never learns with percentages)
Chevalier

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 am

I hope it gets cut off from redoubt and they fix it to scale with +str aswell...then I'd grab it!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Return to WotLK