Remove Advertisements

What will we stack in WotLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

What will we stack in WotLK?

Postby Taeron » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:40 am

I'm sorry for the newbie question, but I don't follow new information that regularly due to summer so I got a bit confused with all this new information. Some stuff we use will use AP, STA is now slightly converted to SP, but SP is only used by Holy Shield? Or am I reading wrong?

So, basically, what will we be stacking in expansion? Which of these two rings (Signet of Kirin Tor) would we now take as a "tanking" ring if any at all?

Thanks!
Taeron

Postby Yadard » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:46 am

Looking at the tank gear so far, pretty much purely +Str & +Sta.

A certain amount of +Hit and +Expertise will still be needed too I guess, but that looks like the bottom line.

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard

Postby Taeron » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 am

But in case of those two rings when you have the option of STA/AGI with Attack Power and STA/INT with Spellpower, what's the better choice? Spellpower and INT I suppose, right?
Taeron

Postby Andryana » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 am

Some good info about what the spells are using right now:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... sid=2000#0

I guess that we get enough SP from the 30% stamina talent.. so mostly we will be getting stam,strength, sharing gear with warriors and DK's
Andryana

Postby Equitas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:58 am

As the previous posters already mentioned.

Well be stacking buttload of Stamina and Strength for optimal synergy with our new and revised talents.

hit/expertise and Avoidance Secondary.

In terms of importance i will probably go for

1) Stamina/Strength (since both are on our gear)
2) Avoidance
3) Expertise/Hit
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Taeron » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:11 am

Equitas wrote:As the previous posters already mentioned.

Well be stacking buttload of Stamina and Strength for optimal synergy with our new and revised talents.

hit/expertise and Avoidance Secondary.

In terms of importance i will probably go for

1) Stamina/Strength (since both are on our gear)
2) Avoidance
3) Expertise/Hit

So in the case of the two rings I linked above, you would pick the Attack Power/AGI/STA one, right? We'd get the most out of those stats?
Taeron

Postby Equitas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:17 am

we would get dodge out of it, we get 100 AP which is a bonus to our hammer and seals, and 2 stamina more.

Yeah id go for that one. Although people might disagree depending on Spelldmg coefficients, but it makes more sense to me since avoidance is scarce anyways and every bit helps.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Origon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:18 am

With the new changes probably shouldn't forget that miniscule amount of armor and crit, since we're becoming sponge-tanks that do damage now, I'd go for the AP one as well
Origon

Postby Melathys » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:55 am

looking more and more like divine strength will be a necessary 5 points for us to take >.>
Melathys

Postby Chevalier » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 am

Melathys wrote:looking more and more like divine strength will be a necessary 5 points for us to take >.>

Yep. Strength's gonna be a really good stat...it'll give us the threat of spell damage (plus hammer of the righteous) and half the mitigation of block value (2 str=1 BV). Str will be one of our top stats.
Chevalier

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 am

2 very nice DPS Rings.

1 for Caster
1 for Physical Damage

As a Tank? Neither of course.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Andryana » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 am

What i'm liking about this, is that we will be more effective on solo play(or so it seems), we will be doing more damage, so doing quests(and dailys),farming and killing those annoying casters should be less of a pain.
Andryana

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:02 am

Chevalier wrote:
Melathys wrote:looking more and more like divine strength will be a necessary 5 points for us to take >.>

Yep. Strength's gonna be a really good stat...it'll give us the threat of spell damage (plus hammer of the righteous) and half the mitigation of block value (2 str=1 BV). Str will be one of our top stats.
At first I thought the scalings would be based no AP or SP, whichever netted more.. but since it just adds up both, I guess we're going for AP, while we get free sd from stam. The AP and SD coefficients are quite different too. Consecration gets more, budget wise from AP than SP(1 ap gives as much as 1 sp, but 1 ap is half the price of 1 sd)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:08 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:2 very nice DPS Rings.

1 for Caster
1 for Physical Damage

As a Tank? Neither of course.

This. I would go for option #3 with stam, armor, and avoidance.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Chevalier » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:18 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Chevalier wrote:

At first I thought the scalings would be based no AP or SP, whichever netted more.. but since it just adds up both, I guess we're going for AP, while we get free sd from stam. The AP and SD coefficients are quite different too. Consecration gets more, budget wise from AP than SP(1 ap gives as much as 1 sp, but 1 ap is half the price of 1 sd)

Good point. To be exact though item budget wise you get 1.7 AP for every 1 SD.
That talent guarded of the light, really just makes Stamina even more powerful. We'd be fine with 0 spell damage.
Chevalier

Next

Return to WotLK