Remove Advertisements

Tanking Azjol'Nerub & New Build w/ Talent Changes

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanking Azjol'Nerub & New Build w/ Talent Changes

Postby codename » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 am

With the newest Build Release lots of changes took place.

-First off every time you judge you don't loose the seal (mana save) & there's two minute seals! (So this took a lot of getting used to. Wasted tons of mana while tanking uping a seal thinking it was judged.)
-New Spell Divine Plea. Trained @ LVL 71. "While Channeling this Spell you gain %50 of you mana over 6 seconds" This spell was a life saver while in Azjol'Nerub.
-Guided By Light & Shield of the Templar Changes were also released with this build and I definitely noticed a difference while tanking.
-Also tested Divine Guardian and can Def see the usefulness in a Raid's but 5 man's not so much.
- Ret note- They ninja Changed the art of war to a 3% less damage and 100% chance for your hand of freedom to remove Stun Effects (originally doubled damage of your next judgment spell) Everyone knew this was coming since they were calling Pallys OP but damn was fun while it lasted (LOL 15K Crits on stunned targets)

OK on to the Tanking part.
Azjol'Nerub is very quick and fast paced. This is both a good and bad thing for the pally tank. hardly any time to drink if your Oom and with the seal changes I was still adjusting.

First Pull is Trash and then its 3 packs before the first boss. You get 10 Seconds between packs and one of the mob's backstabs so watch out for that while positioning. (can't recall the name of the mob) 1st Boss is Krik'Thir the Gatewatcher and he comes 10 secons after the last trash pack. melee / Spriest type spells easy to kil.

Next set of pulls after this boss is 3 Packs of Spiders which you tank and spank. Waiting for the boss to come up U get random non elites attacking u wihch is no problem. Next Boss is Hadronox the spawn of Maexxna. This boss has Spider web the pulls the whole group towards you. At the same time Hadronox is attacking any spider non elites. It has several dots and posion gas clouds you gotta avoid. Also A spell which causes him to be Healed by a certain amount but wasn't able to figure out which spell that was from my combat log.

Next it's a Straight shot to the next boss Anub'arak. This boss was just recently fixed. My group and I were ran this twice and got some good Drops. About the encounter. You kill two of his Guards which were pretty much tank and spank except you need to dispell yourself of some debuffs which can heal the guards. Next you get your shot @ Anub'arak. You first start off and tank and spank until he casts a spell which stuns your for 10 secs (so i have to make sure i had alot of aggro, thank god he's undead) not Sure if this was center on tank or random but I'll run it some more to check. So we dps'd him to what seems 75% then he dig's and Leaves you to fight his adds. Which consist of 5 groups of non elites and 2 Elites spawning at different times. All the while the spawns are going you have to avoid Anub'arak's Claw coming from the ground (easy since you can see the ground moving). None the less that's the whole of the encounter repeated 3-4 times.

Overall I had some aggro issues which getting used to the new seals and my group consisted of a war, 2 DK's and A shammy dropping WF Totem for them to Aggro the shit out of everything (and second group had a ret pally LOL).

Screen Shots!

codename

Postby Kethion » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:31 am

Just tanked this @ 70 with my newly obtained beta key, was pretty fun. The same tanking ring dropped for us too :D
Kethion

Postby Sartor » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:15 am

Great, mates!! Could you provide more info on the trash? How does Anub'arak attack the non-elite adds? He sends spider adds to attack you or something, or you meant he attacks the non-elite spiders?

When Anub'arak sends his adds to attack your group, how do you down him to 0%? Where does he go?

Also what is the trash? As it seems it is very similar to the one in MHj or the last few groups to the Calculator in Mechanar.
Sartor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:21 am

I had tried Azjol nerub pre-patch, it was bugged since the net before Anub'arak woulnd't lift ç_ç

Very easy trashs tbh, all undeads so easy for us.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kethion » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:26 am

They made it a bit harder, thought it is still insanely easy. the trash is all AoE tankable, and it's actually a really fun instance to run. There are some mobs in the beginning that will charge and beat on someone, but I;d say those are he hardest trash mobs to deal with.
Kethion

Return to WotLK